PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2023 Mock Drafts

After looking at more tape I think Addison is better than Njigba...Also grabbing Downs in the 2nd would be a steal if we went OT first. Definitely need a WR, OT, CB in the first 2-3 rounds.....Garrett Wilson CB also should also be there if no Forbes....Ronnie Hitman would be good too. indindex.png

1674373369194.png

Early days but with this draft the Patriots squarely address the need for a foundation left tackle Skoronski, obtain an extremely athletic 6'5 linebacker who can also rush the passer Sanders with his 9.5 sacks, add a possession WR in Rice, Evans a potential replacement at RB for Damien Harris, Patterson a Center who didn't give up a single career sack at Notre Dame, and oh yes, the BB special, the #1 punter in college football last year in average per punt at 49.0 with Baringer.

Other odds and ends include an athletic 6'2 CB who could also flip to free safety in Jaylon Jones and a versatile guard who could kick out to tackle in a pinch in Vorhees.

Not all of these will be hits, but this draft offers additional depth in needed areas and if just 2-4 of these players can become solid starters, well it would have been well worth the picks spent. PS If you were wondering Paris Johnson Jr got taken just a pick earlier at #10 before I moved up for Skoronski.

Last edited:
View attachment 49281

Not all of these will be hits, but this draft offers additional depth in needed areas and if just 2-4 of these players can become solid starters, well it would have been well worth the picks spent.
I give you credit for your vision, but these trades are simply implausible on two levels.

First, the engine is allowing absurd trades. That trade up from 14 to 11 should cost something close to their third rounder this year.

Second, only once has BB traded away a future draft pick to move up in the draft, and that was for Dalton Keene. Given the results, I doubt he's going to be eager to repeat that move even once, let alone 5 times.

View attachment 49281

Early days but with this draft the Patriots squarely address the need for a foundation left tackle Skoronski, obtain an extremely athletic 6'5 linebacker who can also rush the passer Sanders with his 9.5 sacks, add a possession WR in Rice, Evans a potential replacement at RB for Damien Harris, Patterson a Center who didn't give up a single career sack at Notre Dame, and oh yes, the BB special, the #1 punter in college football last year in average per punt at 49.0 with Baringer.

Other odds and ends include an athletic 6'2 CB who could also flip to free safety in Jaylon Jones and a versatile guard who could kick out to tackle in a pinch in Vorhees.

Not all of these will be hits, but this draft offers additional depth in needed areas and if just 2-4 of these players can become solid starters, well it would have been well worth the picks spent. PS If you were wondering Paris Johnson Jr got taken just a pick earlier at #10 before I moved up for Skoronski.
I like especially Vorhees pick. If it is Jason from Friday 13th things would be easier on the field.

I give you credit for your vision, but these trades are simply implausible on two levels.

First, the engine is allowing absurd trades. That trade up from 14 to 11 should cost something close to their third rounder this year.

Second, only once has BB traded away a future draft pick to move up in the draft, and that was for Dalton Keene. Given the results, I doubt he's going to be eager to repeat that move even once, let alone 5 times.
I'll agree that the trades might be somewhat unrealistic, but we can only work with the tools given to us which is the PFF mock draft engine. Patriots always move up and down the draft, usually downwards though.

I feel 2023 is a draft where we need to go for quality rather than quantity. It's a pivotal one for BB and the Patriots if we want to get out of this missing the playoffs funk. We haven't made it in 2 of the last 3 seasons now.

Additional caveat, I have a feeling the new OC we hire might have a say/influence on the 2023 draft. If we hire for example Bill O'Brien he might have input on players to help turn this offense around.

Two top top corner backs and a decent tackle....a bit unlikely

1674502335975.png

I've done a couple of mocks on both PFN & MockDraftDatabase (simultaneously, to help break any log-jams)... Usually I make a small trade-down
(or two) to help fill the gaps between the 4th and 5th/6th rounds...

My first pick is ALWAYS either LT, CB1 or WR;

However, with our second pick, I've taken TE Darnell Washington if he's still available... Never thought I'd seriously consider a TE that early, but this dude's something completely different.

Next two picks would then be whichever of LT/CB1/WR were not addressed with my first pick... Unless... Michigan DT Mazi Smith is still available;
he could help me try to forget about Travis Jones from this past year.

Last edited:
Two top top corner backs and a decent tackle....a bit unlikely

View attachment 49334

Really like the two CBs, as well as Palmer & Hickman... Don't know if Jones can be an NFL Left Tackle however; he might just be a Right-side one, which is not Nearly as big a need as LT is.

There is talk about aquiring McGlinchey of San Francisco 49'rs in FA at RT , so drafting a LT maybe the way to go but I would still try to take another tackle in the draft as well. I would also take a CB1 before a WR.

Just gonna put this here…
1674527878982.png

tenor.gif

Garrett Williams might be our worst 2nd round DB ever drafted. Yup I know the history there.
Either go with Witherspoon or get one in the 3rd/4th.

Edit: go watch the Purdue game where Williams got lit up and down the field. He better have been hurt because Charlie Jones isn’t THAT good and I like Jones.

Last edited:
thats my first try, but it heavily depands on whats going to happen in FA in order to understand the needs

1674559791470.png

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back