PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2023 Mock Drafts

I feel your pain. They never pick who I think would be good addition

Since it's all in fun ...

1673220585810.png

Any chance the Bears give up on Justin Fields and take Young or Stroud? For all his broken play runs Fields still looks like a sack waiting to happen. IF they see Young or Stroud as "generational" do you trade Fields away? Likely they trade out for picks but who knows.

Last edited:
1673279893612.png

First crack at 2023 now that the season is over. I have plenty more to learn about the class, but I like some of the fits here.

My final mock pre combine......Definitely need tackles, would love to draft a Wright, Duncan, Harrison or Zion, and look into signing a vet. Definitely need a CB like Forbes, Devin Witherspoon or Eli Ricks. Def need an LB....WR is a must. Really regret that 2020 spending spree of scrubs lol. Henry, Smith TE's ok, Henry panned out at least, but that WR corps we got in and drafted is iffy. I'd look into trying and getting Tucker Kraft, heck he even has the name Kraft how much more do you need to know. He's tougher and better than Kincaid I find... Please do something. If we can just get these dudes in..plus Kraft.....bar any character concerns or horrible testing.
pff_mock_results Final pre combine.png

mock after the draft ranking updated - no trade policy
I have selected 3 WR due to positional value, mediocre free agent class, agholor/meyers FA
I think we need to draft a WR almost every year, especially as long as the position lacks talent
The WR Position has become much more valuable and you need 3-4 guys you can rely on.
Late rd picks are shot in the dark anyway so why not take a WR there

1673299005242.png

mock after the draft ranking updated - no trade policy
I have selected 3 WR due to positional value, mediocre free agent class, agholor/meyers FA
I think we need to draft a WR almost every year, especially as long as the position lacks talent
The WR Position has become much more valuable and you need 3-4 guys you can rely on.
Late rd picks are shot in the dark anyway so why not take a WR there

View attachment 48975
Any draft that keeps Zay in the state of Massachusetts gets an A from me! Love that you started with two tackles. Not everyone is going to work out so I like doubling up on the offenses biggest needs WR and OT.

Any draft that keeps Zay in the state of Massachusetts gets an A from me! Love that you started with two tackles. Not everyone is going to work out so I like doubling up on the offenses biggest needs WR and OT.
agree i really like flowers and think he would be a great day 2 value for us.
yeah, i feel like the OT Free agents aren't really the guys i would like to see in fill our need so i prioritized this position for the draft and i think with brown struggling this season we need two new starting caliber Tackles, where brown has to beat one out to secure his starter position.
and i think paris johnson and Dawand Jones provide good value here. Johnson a prototypical LT and Jones the mauling RT together with big mike onwenu on the right side of the line will look good

i would take this draft as it stands
although i would like to see someone else with pick 51 because we have this type of TE in Smith
Kincaid is like 230 pounds maybe idk, so if we go TE i think we need to add a TE who can block because both henry and smith aren't really good at it, maybe use 51 in a trade up for a CB
besides that i like it

i would take this draft as it stands
although i would like to see someone else with pick 51 because we have this type of TE in Smith
Kincaid is like 230 pounds maybe idk, so if we go TE i think we need to add a TE who can block because both henry and smith aren't really good at it, maybe use 51 in a trade up for a CB
besides that i like it
That makes sense, I didn’t realize Kincaid was more of mov tight end than an all around TE.

I’m not sure that Jonnu should prevent the Pats from drafting someone. Even if we have to keep Jonnu because of the cap hit next season we could still draft his long term replacement.

The board fell like that but I absolutely would have rather drafted an off the ball linebacker or boundary corner than a move TE.

None of these masturbatory exercises contains one center.

Chevy’s does but he has Schmitz from Minnesota going in the fourth round, which is absurd. He’s likely going a couple of rounds earlier than that.

We’re going to need to draft a center, people.

Chevy’s does but he has Schmitz from Minnesota going in the fourth round, which is absurd. He’s likely going a couple of rounds earlier than that.

They have Kody Russey on the 53.

Well, mine also starts with a Mac trade netting a 1, 2 AND 3 ... so ... :)

I didn't change the sliders for randomness/etc ... That and it being so early is probably skewing the results.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back