PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2023 Mock Drafts

e2dcbd8069e9a8e24d7ecd522485a992.png

Not for me.
I think our 3rd round pick is 73. I agree with @captain stone that 46 is too early - first two picks are hopefully tall CB and OT. Maybe package a 4th with the 3rd and move up into the 60s for Mazi? I want Payne in FA - Payne and Barmore rushing the passer up the middle would be exciting.

I highly approve of the drafting of a LT & a Center of the Future, and of two CBs & two WRs... I love Mazi Smith, though 46 might be too rich for my blood... I like the Safety Hickman too... At 107 however I would've seen who was still available at DE or LB.

Not for me.

If our pre-draft offseason can produce for us a starting-caliber LT AND a CB1 then I would be willing to consider him at 46... Though I'm still holding that spot open for TE Darnell Washington, for now...

If our pre-draft offseason can produce for us a starting-caliber LT AND a CB1 then I would be willing to consider him at 46... Though I'm still holding that spot open for TE Darnell Washington, for now...

Too expensive? Have to draft those positions to manage the salary cap. BGC says this is a deep CB and WR draft which is good. But short on top end OTs, which is not good. Better off signing Payne than drafting Mazi, so we can draft more expensive positions - CB1, WR1, and OT1. Unfortunately OT is not so strong. Mazi or Washington would be great, maybe we sign Bradberry from the Eagles for CB1? Seems too expensive to me for Bradberry.

Too expensive? Have to draft those positions to manage the salary cap. BGC says this is a deep CB and WR draft which is good. But short on top end OTs, which is not good. Better off signing Payne than drafting Mazi, so we can draft more expensive positions - CB1, WR1, and OT1. Unfortunately OT is not so strong. Mazi or Washington would be great, maybe we sign Bradberry from the Eagles for CB1? Seems too expensive to me for Bradberry.

Perhaps in terms of HOF possibilities, but I like the depth there into the 3rd round...

I mentioned this in another thread, but if Matt Light could step-in right away at LT then I don't see why a half-dozen guys in this draft can't do the same thing for us... Heck I might even entertain the idea of a (very) small trade-DOWN :oops: from 14 to grab an extra 3rd- or 4th-round pick to help us fill the gap left by not having our 5th-rounder... A lot will depend on how well or not our pre-draft free agency period goes, plus the number & location of any compensatory picks we receive...

Perhaps in terms of HOF possibilities, but I like the depth there into the 3rd round...

I mentioned this in another thread, but if Matt Light could step-in right away at LT then I don't see why a half-dozen guys in this draft can't do the same thing for us... Heck I might even entertain the idea of a (very) small trade-DOWN :oops: from 14 to grab an extra 3rd- or 4th-round pick to help us fill the gap left by not having our 5th-rounder... A lot will depend on how well or not our pre-draft free agency period goes, plus the number & location of any compensatory picks we receive...

Don't we have three 4ths? Why the concern about a 5th?

If a CB1 is there at #14 it would be disappointing to trade down.

Don't we have three 4ths? Why the concern about a 5th?

If a CB1 is there at #14 it would be disappointing to trade down.

Depends on how many CBs are still available at 14... If there's still 3 from Porter, Ringo, Gonzales, Cam Smith & Witherspoon then maybe a small trade-down might still net us one of them... Also wouldn't surprise to see them target the Alabama kid Ricks at 46...

Been watching a lot of Rashee Rice clips, and you know who impresses me is the QB. Man, love his arm and release, and accuracy. Who is this guy?

Been watching a lot of Rashee Rice clips, and you know who impresses me is the QB. Man, love his arm and release, and accuracy. Who is this guy?
Tanner Mordecai, who will play his last year of college football at Wisconsin. It was actually Kyler Murray’s dad (Mordecai’s private QB coach) who convinced him to transfer and play another year in college rather than enter the draft.

Call me crazy, but if we could trade back a little and still get Mayers, Id take it. Guy just reminds me so much of a young Kelce, but the guy can block as well. With this draft, you obviously look to trade one of our two tight ends. BOB knows how to use them, so the capital makes sense to me.

Also really like WR Rakim Jarrett

Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 1.07.03 PM.png

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back