PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 PTP Draft Board / Pats Draft Talk

I was hoping that Davis teammate, Trayvon Walker would fall to 21, but after he blew up the combine, I doubt he makes it to the teens.

On the other hand, Nakobe Dean should be around at 21.

Yes, I would take Davis if he was around at 22.

I was hoping that Davis teammate, Trayvon Walker would fall to 21, but after he blew up the combine, I doubt he makes it to the teens.

On the other hand, Nakobe Dean should be around at 21.

Yes, I would take Davis if he was around at 22.

People don’t seem to be including Wyatt very often as an option at 21, or later in the 1st if they trade down a few spots. That kid has huge potential to be disruptive interior pass rusher.

People don’t seem to be including Wyatt very often as an option at 21, or later in the 1st if they trade down a few spots. That kid has huge potential to be disruptive interior pass rusher.
Very good player, I agree.

One thing scares me, though: with all the quality on that Georgia front 7 Defense, does that create a domino effect? Are players better because they were playing next to so-and-so?

This is going to be a wild first round with so many defensive players slated to go before and up to the Patriots pick.

Ahmad Gardner, Travon Walker, Jordan Davis, Jermaine Johnson, George Karlaftis, Devon Lloyd, Devonte Wyatt, Trent McDuffie, Andrew Booth, Kaiir Elam, Nakobe Dean

This mock right here look outstanding to me since it has the Patriots trading back, getting a second rounder, and still picking Nakobe Dean.

A lot of guys view him as a 3 T only, with some off field issues coming in as well. This limits his value
I expect KT to Fall a bit too due to the reports , I think some teams will have him out of top 3-5

A lot of guys view him as a 3 T only, with some off field issues coming in as well. This limits his value
I expect KT to Fall a bit too due to the reports , I think some teams will have him out of top 3-5

The thing about Wyatt is his film from 2019 and 2020 is jag material.

Is he a one year wonder who was older than most college kids?

Fall to us please we need a player like him on our Front 7 to put Fear in QB's.:cool:
He falls to the Patriots, they're trading out faster than Ernest Shazor fell in his draft year.

Forget about Jones. His combine moved him out of our reach. I doubted he'd be there even BEFORE the Indiana shorts and tee shirts convention. Now you better worry that Travis Jones isn't getting passed the Chargers at 17 let alone being there at 40.
Vince Wilfork. Nuff Said.

I doubt the Patriots, or any other team, is going to draft a 2 down DT in the 1st round. Jones might not fall to 40, but the Chargers would be NUTS to pick him at 17. Wilfork, on the other hand, is worth a first round selection.

Why is it that you assume Jones is only going to be a 2 down NT at the next level? Because that's how he was used at Georgia? There is such a thing a building stamina. Particularly when you're doing those hill sprints to help elongate your achilles tendons that Belichick so loves to have everyone do.

Why is it that you assume Jones is only going to be a 2 down NT at the next level? Because that's how he was used at Georgia? There is such a thing a building stamina. Particularly when you're doing those hill sprints to help elongate your achilles tendons that Belichick so loves to have everyone do.

Travis Jones went to CT. Jordan Davis went to GA. I think you are lost and I have no interest in discussing with you as you will eventually get angry and critical.

The thing about Wyatt is his film from 2019 and 2020 is jag material.

Is he a one year wonder who was older than most college kids?
I've heard you say this a few times and you could say this about a lot of prospects.

Jordan Davis was a 3rd round pick coming into the year. That's from the NFL draft board btw. Which is notoriously conservative but even a 2nd to a potential top 15 pick is quite the jump.

Stingley has been living off his FO tape.

What about Jameson Williams? Most didn't know the name.

So it's worth noting but that's par for the course with draft prospects. Projection is so much of game. I read somewhere the other day where someone said "I grade with conviction, film is all that matters" or something like that. Which sounds good but so much of this is projection. Who are your coaches? What's the history like in terms of development? What's your plan / role for said player.

Again worth noting but so many get hurt, transfer, good year/bad year etc..

Travis Jones went to CT. Jordan Davis went to GA. I think you are lost and I have no interest in discussing with you as you will eventually get angry and critical.
Whatever Drama queen.. I was tired. Yes. I meant Davis.. FFS. Everyone makes mistakes. . Including you. Get over yourself.

Folks, don’t worry about these top 20- or even top 30-caliber prospects; the Pats absolutely MUST trade down Multiple times in order to acquire Multiple extra picks, including an extra day 2 pick and At Least another TWO day 3 picks; and the first 5 picks MUST then be used EXCLUSIVELY on CB, DE, NT, LT & WR… Thinking that #21 should actually be used on just one player is flat-out Stupid Period.

This Is The Way.

I’ve never been a big college football or draft guy, but for some reason I randomly was that year and man was I excited as it looked like we were going to get Wilfork
Yep. I was watching it and I couldn’t believe he was falling to them. I think the Vikings went DL right in front of them but took Kenechi Udeze over Wilfork, big mistake. I would have to go back and check it, but it’s how I remember it right now.

Yep. I was watching it and I couldn’t believe he was falling to them. I think the Vikings went DL right in front of them but took Kenechi Udeze over Wilfork, big mistake. I would have to go back and check it, but it’s how I remember it right now.

You are correct. D-Line drafted before Wilfork include Kenechi Udeze, Will Smith, and Tommie Harris.

Folks, don’t worry about these top 20- or even top 30-caliber prospects; the Pats absolutely MUST trade down Multiple times in order to acquire Multiple extra picks, including an extra day 2 pick and At Least another TWO day 3 picks; and the first 5 picks MUST then be used EXCLUSIVELY on CB, DE, NT, LT & WR… Thinking that #21 should actually be used on just one player is flat-out Stupid Period.

This Is The Way.
I think this is spot-on however, there are a few players (Stingley, Walker, Davis, Gardner) I'd make an exception for if they miraculously slipped to 21. If that was the case I wouldn't object to using some capital from '23 to get back into the 2nd.

Last edited:
I haven’t gone in depth on this draft but it looks like the talent is evenly spread from 1-60, so it will likely be a more need driven draft than most. And if the QB’s rise in the first then the Patriots are going to have a shot at a really good player at #21. I obviously favor Jordan Davis, but I think the likelihood of him being anywhere near 21 is really low.

I think this is spot-on however, there are a few players (Stingley, Walker, Davis, Gardner) I'd make an exception for if they miraculously slipped to 21. If that was the case I wouldn't object to using some capital from '23 to get back into the 2nd.

Personally I would be very hesitant to go for Stingley

What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Back