PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 NFL HOF Nominees

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

MODERN-ERA NOMINEES FOR THE PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME CLASS OF 2022​

*Finalist in 2021. Underline indicates first year of eligibility. (Players must have last played at least five full seasons ago to be eligible for nomination. Therefore, any individual who last played in 2016 is eligible for the first time in 2022.)

QUARTERBACKS​

Randall Cunningham, Jake Delhomme, Boomer Esiason, Jeff Garcia, Dave Krieg, Donovan McNabb, Steve McNair

RUNNING BACKS​

Shaun Alexander, Mike Alstott (FB), Tiki Barber, Earnest Byner, Larry Centers (FB), Corey Dillon, Eddie George, Priest Holmes, Steven Jackson, Jamal Lewis, Eric Metcalf (also WR/PR/KR), Lorenzo Neal (FB), Fred Taylor, Herschel Walker (also KR), Ricky Watters, Brian Westbrook

WIDE RECEIVERS​

Anquan Boldin, Troy Brown (also PR/KR), Donald Driver, Henry Ellard (also PR), Devin Hester (also PR/KR), *Torry Holt, Joe Horn, Andre Johnson, Chad Johnson, Derrick Mason, Muhsin Muhammad, Andre Rison, Jimmy Smith, Rod Smith, Steve Smith, Hines Ward, *Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker

TIGHT ENDS​

Dallas Clark, Ben Coates, Brent Jones, Heath Miller, Wesley Walls

OFFENSIVE LINEMEN​

Willie Anderson (T), Matt Birk (C), *Tony Boselli (T), Lomas Brown (T), Ruben Brown (G), D’Brickashaw Ferguson (T), Kevin Glover (C/G), Jordan Gross (T), Olin Kreutz (C), Jake Long (T), Nick Mangold (C), Logan Mankins (G), Jesse Sapolu (C/G), Jeff Saturday (C), Chris Snee (G), Brian Waters (G), Richmond Webb (T), Erik Williams (T), Steve Wisniewski (G)

DEFENSIVE LINEMEN​

John Abraham (DE also LB), *Jared Allen (DE), La’Roi Glover (DT/NT), Casey Hampton (DT/NT), Robert Mathis (DE), Leslie O’Neal (DE), Michael Dean Perry (DT/DE), Simeon Rice (DE), *Richard Seymour (DT), Justin Smith (DE), Neil Smith (DE), Greg Townsend (DE/LB/DT/NT), Justin Tuck (DE), Vince Wilfork (DT/NT), Kevin Williams (DT), Bryant Young (DT)

LINEBACKERS​

Cornelius Bennett, Lance Briggs, Tedy Bruschi, London Fletcher, Seth Joyner, Willie McGinest (also DE), *Sam Mills, Hardy Nickerson Sr., Takeo Spikes, Pat Swilling (also DE), *Zach Thomas, DeMarcus Ware, Patrick Willis

DEFENSIVE BACKS​

Eric Allen (CB), *Ronde Barber (CB/S), Dre Bly (DB), *LeRoy Butler (S), Nick Collins (S), Antonio Cromartie (CB), Merton Hanks (S), Rodney Harrison (S), Albert Lewis (CB), Tim McDonald (S), Allen Rossum (DB), Asante Samuel (CB), Bob Sanders (S), Charles Tillman (CB), Troy Vincent (CB), Adrian Wilson (S), Darren Woodson (S)

PUNTERS/KICKERS​

Gary Anderson (K), Jeff Feagles (P), John Kasay (K), Sean Landeta (P), Ryan Longwell (K), Reggie Roby (P), Matt Turk (P)

SPECIAL TEAMS​

Josh Cribbs (KR/PR also WR), Mel Gray (PR/KR also WR), Brian Mitchell (KR/PR also RB), Steve Tasker (ST also WR)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are quite a few former Patriot players there... some here for a while, some for a cup of coffee... Wilfork is the only first time nominee, all the other guys have been nominated before... Stats will hurt Big Vince, but he really is HoF worthy...

There are no real strong locks in this list... Hope its enough to push a few guys like Seymour and Harrison over the top...

Would be asinine (but not surprising) if Seymour isn’t in with what looks like a down year for nominees.

People underestimate how crazy good Wilfork was ‘between the dynasties’. From 05-14 we saw him do some very very impressive work.

Look, this is insulting seeing such lists. Even the people they nominate over who should already be in. Ken Riley and Cliff Branch should already be in.

How in the world Harrison is not in and Dawkins and Lynch are, along with Polamalu (I can't cover) is ridiculous. Seymour needs to be in and Wilfork, obviously.

Harrison played in 3 SBs. He played both S and FS and is the only Safety in NFL history with a minimum of 30 sacks and I30 NTs. I don't care how he goes in, he should be in. His resume is at least equal to those guys.

It's so bizarre. You could argue Bruschi is the Pats version of Nick Buoniconti. The bias against these great players is ridiculous. The Steelers have plenty of people in for good reason but Lynn Swann is in no way shape or form better than Edelman.

There is an incredible bias against Pats players. Alan Faneca is better than Mankins? Are we sure about this?

The only lock I see there is Devin Hester and that's because he is the GOAT returner

Putting homerism aside, it’s truly embarrassing that Seymour isn’t in yet. It’s embarrassing that Hall voters are so clueless they’d put Edgerrin James and other flashy skill players in first. Seymour was a 7X pro bowl and 5x all pro who anchored a team that won three Super Bowls and had, I believe, the best statistical defense of the decade. In addition his versatility enabled them to run multiple fronts with ease. The Patriots run defense from 2001-04 was legendary and continued to be good until he left in 2008.

How can morons voting for this stuff point to sacks and stats for a player who wasn’t primarily aiming for them?

Last edited:
Look, this is insulting seeing such lists. Even the people they nominate over who should already be in. Ken Riley and Cliff Branch should already be in.

How in the world Harrison is not in and Dawkins and Lynch are, along with Polamalu (I can't cover) is ridiculous. Seymour needs to be in and Wilfork, obviously.

Harrison played in 3 SBs. He played both S and FS and is the only Safety in NFL history with a minimum of 30 sacks and I30 NTs. I don't care how he goes in, he should be in. His resume is at least equal to those guys.

It's so bizarre. You could argue Bruschi is the Pats version of Nick Buoniconti. The bias against these great players is ridiculous. The Steelers have plenty of people in for good reason but Lynn Swann is in no way shape or form better than Edelman.

There is an incredible bias against Pats players. Alan Faneca is better than Mankins? Are we sure about this?
Harrison played in 4 SBs don't forget the one in San Diego.

As$ante will blame Belichick for missing the cut.

From the Running Backs set I'd go with Alstott and Neal

Putting homerism aside, it’s truly embarrassing that Seymour isn’t in yet. It’s embarrassing that Hall voters are so clueless they’d put Edgerrin James and other flashy skill players in first. Seymour was a 7X pro bowl and 5x all pro who anchored a team that won three Super Bowls and had, I believe, the best statistical defense of the decade. In addition his versatility enabled them to run multiple fronts with ease. The Patriots run defense from 2001-04 was legendary and continued to be good until he left in 2008.

How can morons voting for this stuff point to sacks and stats for a player who wasn’t primarily aiming for them?
"Too small to play tackle, to slow to play end". Right.

This is also the guy who ran down Marshall Faulk from behind.

This list shows how the Hall is biased towards offensive players (non-olinemen). Look how they can't get a real QB nominee that deserves to be in the Hall and have maybe 2-3 each for the WRs and RBs meanwhile you could make a case for at least 4-6 players in each of the other non-special teams fields.

The non Patriots most deserving to get in is Zach Thomas. In a career overlapped by MLBs like Ray Lewis, Junior Seau, Brian Urlacher and Derrick Brooks he made 5 first team All pro teams and 2 second teams. He was second team all decade at LB only because Brooks, Lewis and Urlacher were the first teamers.

Beyond the numbers, my god did I hate knowing Thomas and Taylor were coming to town. That late 90's early 2000's defense for Miami wihch also had Surtain and Madison was simply nasty.

Second guy I'd advocate for and I know this might not be popular here but Justin Tuck. He's the guy who should be going to the hall for Eli for ruining the perfect season and another SB for us. You just have to tip your hat. The guy was a flat out beast. Also I got the opportunity to see an internal interview with him at my company and he's a really nice guy and super smart.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back