PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Mock Drafts

Sorry kids. This is a building block draft to protect Mac Jones and make the Buffalo Bills punt at least once a game. My binkie is massive TE #87 Noah Gindorff!

R1 OT Tyler Smith, Tulsa - perfect fit to spell Pats veteran OTs who have a history of injury
R2 LB Brandon Smith, Penn State - 6'4" 250, excellent speed, tackling machine
R3 DT Phidarian Mathis, Alabama - gap plugger
R4 LB Zakoby McClain, Auburn - another tackling machine
R5 G/C Luke Fortner, Kentucky - solid swing interior OL
R6 CB Jaylen Watson, Washington State - Big CB 6'2, raw but
R6 TE Noah Gindorff, North Dakota State - Baby Gronk TE 6'6' 266

Last edited:
3 round draft on PFF:

Rd 1: Chris Olave. Acquire a 6'1, 188 lb WR weapon for Mac Jones who can get open quickly and run excellent routes with timed 4.39 speed to go deep when needed.
Rd 2: Leo Chanel. Adding a physical linebacker, 6'3 260 lbs, to add youth, physicality and athleticism to the middle of our defense.
Rd 3: Tariq Woolen. A big, fast corner with nice recovery speed to play on the outside. 6'4 205 lbs.

1648164190770.png

Sorry kids. This is a building block draft to protect Mac Jones and make the Buffalo Bills punt at least once a game. My binkie is massive TE #87 Noah Gindorff!

R1 OT Tyler Smith, Tulsa - perfect fit to spell Pats veteran OTs who have a history injury
R2 LB Brandon Smith, Penn State - 6'4" 250, excellent speed, tackling machine
R3 DT Phidarian Mathis, Alabama - whole plugger
R4 LB Zakoby McClain, Auburn - another tackling machine
R5 G/C Luke Fortner, Kentucky - solid swing interior OL
R6 CB Jaylen Watson, Washington State Big CB 6'2, raw but
R6 TE Noah Gindorff, North Dakota State - Baby Gronk TE 6'6' 266

Hmm, Gindorff looks pretty light on his feet for such a big galoot. Can he block? I would assume so. Are you sure he will last until the 6'th?

And where is the traditional second round CB bust? Can't have a draft without that, especially now when the Patriots peed away their CB talent.

I don't think our actual draft will turn out this well, but I'd be pretty pumped if we landed these players! Some serious talent.

14: R1 P14 S Kyle Hamilton - Notre Dame
46: R2 P14 DL Jordan Davis - Georgia
78: R3 P14 WR Treylon Burks - Arkansas
116: R4 P14 OT Connor Galvin - Baylor
205: R6 P26 WR Dontay Demus Jr. - Maryland
Burks ain't going in the 3rd sorry.

I'm a fan of most of the players in the various mocks here, but they seem WAY too optimistic about where a player will be available. My guess is that we'll all be unpleasantly surprised at how early our favorites go in the draft.
Yeah PFF just doesn't move guys. Like it seems Austin is always there in the 3rd just waiting there. Idk we know how unrealistic these things are.

I'm guessing Walker, KT, Hutch, Hamilton, Sauce, Neal, Pickett, Willis, Icky and Johnson, Stingley and Booth go top 10-12 in some order. Cross could sneak in there. Suppose Booth might fall a little but I think the NFL will love him. Johnson might fall a bit but I doubt it.

I've said Davis will be at 21 or right around there. I the Chargers are the only real obstacle for us. Jets will go secondary or offense. Have a feeling Ravens will go Burks or London. They need to remake that WR corp and give Jackson something to work with. Washington will have a ton of money tied up in DL. Vikings are going DB imo. Phila favors more of Wyatt's type imo but who knows they might be an option. Davis is such a likable guy and great prospect. Just think they go pass rush, DB or WR. I think they'll love McDuffie. Steelers might be an option but I think they go OL (TL, Cross or Penning) I think they'll love Ridder too. I see him as a Steeler.

Hmm, Gindorff looks pretty light on his feet for such a big galoot. Can he block? I would assume so. Are you sure he will last until the 6'th?

And where is the traditional second round CB bust? Can't have a draft without that, especially now when the Patriots peed away their CB talent.
Yes they ran the ball quite a bit there. He was a lead blocker, inline, very experienced there.

Burks ain't going in the 3rd sorry.

Of course not. Look at the time stamps of when I posted that one, well before players started to rise. And look at my most recent post about how unrealistic these mock draft generators are -- it's all just for fun, and I fully acknowledge that. The top three players in that mock are all going round one, easily. Fun to dream, but we're all aware it's not going to happen.

Over on the Patriots website "The Scouting Department" is highlighted in the Do Your Job segment...worth a look

@BaconGrundleCandy ......I was looking for you but could not make you out...:)

Of course not. Look at the time stamps of when I posted that one, well before players started to rise. And look at my most recent post about how unrealistic these mock draft generators are -- it's all just for fun, and I fully acknowledge that. The top three players in that mock are all going round one, easily. Fun to dream, but we're all aware it's not going to happen.
So sorry forgive me good Draft though.

Wow! A double trade down and we are still getting Elam, that is gold! Every pick in the draft is capable on contributing immediately! Great effort, let’s hope bb is paying attention to what you did.
I have a feeling elam would be available either in 30 or 32. So if we can package that to two additional 60 picks we are golden. Again not possible on D day. But possibility exists. Maybe bill has this trade already with BUCS factored in as part of Shaq trade.

Oh, yeah, unrealistic doesn't even scratch the surface. Trades are too easy to manipulate so that I end up with way too many picks. I'd be pretty chuffed with this draft overall, as unlikely as it is to shake out this way. A lot of shoot for the stars kind of picks, and not the usual PTP that I try to target for more grounded takes. Still, I had fun. :)

New England Patriots

Travis Jones
    DT Connecticut

John Metchie III
    WR Alabama

Tariq Woolen
    CB UTSA

George Pickens
    WR Georgia

Channing Tindall
    LB Georgia

Leo Chenal
    LB Wisconsin

JT Woods
    S Baylor

Pierre Strong Jr.
    RB South Dakota State

Jamaree Salyer
    OG Georgia

Amare Barno
    EDGE Virginia Tech

Kalon Barnes
    CB Baylor

Josh Jobe
    CB Alabama

ebe6fff8f88b4e3fcd53058aab0b0c4f.png

I would be so thrilled if New England took hall and jones!

Hall was used incorrectly all year by Houston, by his own choice and not because of the coaches, but spent more time in the backfield than opposing running backs. Those legs never stop. He creates pressure or makes opposing qb’s uncomfortable. This is the guy we need opposite barmore.

A defensive line of de barmore - nt jones - de hall is young, but so talented getting after qb’s.

Cb jones is a tiny player. But as a slot corner, he gets after it in coverage and run support. Never going to be a starter, but a potential contributor and a huge improvement over Bryant.
Then you plug in the tape and watch jones as a return man. The dude must have a good half dozen returns for touchdown. Plus another half dozen where he almost scored, but just missed out, He flips field position. His teammates seem to love the kid and by all accounts he is a great locker room citizen!

There are 4 guys in this draft that scream potential patriot playmakers and leaders:

1.) Wide receiver/running back - Robinson of Kentucky
2.) Safety/cb - pitre of baylor
3.) de - hall of Houston
4.) cb/st - jones of Houston

I have not looked at some of those picks, but I cannot see how Bo Melton lasts to 200, alas. I am thinking third round or so...maybe even round 2. I like what I saw and would not be too upset if the Patriots used a 2 on him; you guys are going to kill me on that, but I am only basing this on what I see in a few minutes of tape. I am much more interested in Bo Melton than Metchie; I think Bo is quicker in and out of his cuts. I don't know where Bo is in mock drafts, but maybe the Patriots can sneak him in during the third or fourth round, but they would have to be lucky.

Last edited:

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back