PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Free Agent Receivers - Will the Patriots Target One?

I didn’t like Bledsoe, because he was dumb on the field. I believe he is a smart man, but he made a ton of bonehead plays.

Example…..

Patriots have the ball in 2000 season inside the 10 yard line with less than a minute to play. I believe this was vs the Jets. They had a 1st down. Bledsoe got sacked on the first play & with the clock running they ran another play & Bledsoe threw the ball to Faulk in the middle of the field & he was tackled immediately & time ran out.
Faulk looked like he didn’t want the ball & he was still when he caught it.

There was another game the same season I believe vs Pittsburgh where Bledsoe threw the worst pick6 you will ever see at the end of the game to lose the game.

His bad decisions followed him to Buffalo & Dallas.

I didn’t like Bledsoe, because he was dumb on the field. I believe he is a smart man, but he made a ton of bonehead plays.

Example…..

Patriots have the ball in 2000 season inside the 10 yard line with less than a minute to play. I believe this was vs the Jets. They had a 1st down. Bledsoe got sacked on the first play & with the clock running they ran another play & Bledsoe threw the ball to Faulk in the middle of the field & he was tackled immediately & time ran out.
Faulk looked like he didn’t want the ball & he was still when he caught it.

There was another game the same season I believe vs Pittsburgh where Bledsoe threw the worst pick6 you will ever see at the end of the game to lose the game.

His bad decisions followed him to Buffalo & Dallas.
I mean why would you torture a guy 20 years later because he liked a patriot player.
You seem to revel in what you hate about the team.

I'm confident there will be another draft with the Pats getting at least one big time player from a big school because Bill will listen to his scouts. No more feel good character guys Chris Simms had said that was emphasized way too much during his one year in the front office in 2012. In fact, he said there was truth to the rumor Bill would take a good character guy over the talented guy every time. Explains the bizarre selections from 2013-2020.

That was the year of the Error Repeater & Jake the Fake Bequette... Strange how, after paying a premium price for Grade A talent in the 1st round, it's like Nike took over the rest of the draft...

Teams that win have good players. Spreading the ball among a number of weapons is not less likely to win than having one main target. The best teams win not the best wide receivers.

Name me a team in recent memory who has won without at least one elite receiver

Name me a team in recent memory who has won without at least one elite receiver
Depends what you mean by elite. Rightly "elite" means at least top 10. And most of the time the SB winner doesn't have a top 10 WR. Off the top of my head, since y2k: Pats (6 times), Giants (twice), Saints, Steelers (twice), Broncos, Seahawks, and Eagles all won a SB without a WR that was considered top 10 at the time they won.

Depends what you mean by elite. Rightly "elite" means at least top 10. And most of the time the SB winner doesn't have a top 10 WR. Off the top of my head, since y2k: Pats (6 times), Giants (twice), Saints, Steelers (twice), Broncos, Seahawks, and Eagles all won a SB without a WR that was considered top 10 at the time they won.
By elite I mean someone who can get open and brings coverage away.

How many times have we heard since 2019. "The QB has time but no one has separation"

If you don't think Edelman and Gronk are elite receivers idk what to tell you...

The patriots 6 times

Edelman and Gronk say hello.

Do you think anyone on this team now is anywhere near their level? On a got to have it play do you trust anyone on this team to get open? I sure as hell don't and the evidence shows when the Patriots had to scheme guys open.

No one schemed Edelman open in the rams Superbowl.

Also what's this so against getting a talented receiver? What's the obsession with winning with an average team by some posters?

Also what's this so against getting a talented receiver? What's the obsession with winning with an average team by some posters?
If you stop making stuff up, it'll be a better discussion. NO ONE here is saying they wouldn't like a WR upgrade as the Pats build their team back into contention. No one.

Do you think anyone on this team now is anywhere near their level? On a got to have it play do you trust anyone on this team to get open? I sure as hell don't and the evidence shows when the Patriots had to scheme guys open.

If you are calling Edelman elite than I’m not too worried about needing an elite receiver to win.
Gronk is a TE.
Edelman was always schemed open, that’s not a knock, that’s how it works.

Bourne had 800 receiving yards playing 52% of the snaps with a rookie QB.

In 6 years as a “starter” Edelman averaged 132 targets and 966 yards and 10.9 per catch with the GOAT QB
Bourne had 800 yards

Who is against upgrading?

The strawmen in this thread would make the Scarecrow laugh.

I mean why would you torture a guy 20 years later because he liked a patriot player.
You seem to revel in what you hate about the team.

Just harmless joking around.

This is your life & you are afraid !
How pathetic !

Your afraid you will lose & everyone will know, your a total loser when you won’t leave, because Patsfans is your life.

Trust me…. I will leave…. I sure won’t miss you or the other koolaid drinkers.

That being said, there are a lot of good knowledgeable people here, but there are a lot of koolaid drinking jerks like yourself.

I can’t imagine being afraid of losing your Patsfans posting rights.
You're pathetic. No. This isn't "my life". If this was "my Life" I'd have more posts than Deus & AndyJohnson (aka Ring6) Combined. I'm very far being both. But I'm not surprised someone who has continuously lied in this thread would think that.

The only JERK here is YOU. Your the one who lied and lied and lied and refused to accept that his entire basis was based on nothing but BS.

Here are the facts to this point:
- You LIED when you claimed you posted the PFF rankings for teams.
- Several people took you to task for using PFF Rankings as a way to "RATE" the Patriots. Not just me. Yet you ignored them
- You're the one who claimed that Bryan Edwards was a "quality" receiver, yet Bourne, Meyers, and Agholor were "bottom of the barrel".
- You lied when you claimed I stated that the Patriots Receivers were better than Arizona.
- I posted the ACTUAL rankings from PFF with links. The rankings showed your assessment to be erroneous at best.
- YOU challenged anyone to provide ANY ranking that showed differently. I did so posting BOTH NFL.COM and PFF Team Ranking. On NFL.COM, it showed they were Better than average across the board. And 2 stats were TOP 10.
- You've changed your argument from the Pats top 3 receivers suck because PFF rankings, to no one can prove that the Pats receivers don't suck to The Pats top 3 receivers suck because you said so..

You want me to take your asinine bet?
- Show me where I said " The Patriots receivers are better than AZ".
- Show me where ONE PERSON in this thread that said the Pats didn't need to upgrade at Wide Receiver.

People hate fantasy football stats on this site when talking about the Patriots receivers.

Receptions, yards, & touchdowns don’t seem to be a priority here.

No wonder they like Meyers who is allergic to the end zone.
Meyers wasn't "allergic" to the end zone. He wasn't used in those situations in his 1st two years. Even people who've only watched PeeWee football understand that you can't score a TD if your not on the field in those situations.

All you continue to do is show your lack of understanding of the game of football and why you are ONLY a Fantasy football guy. You don't understand the nuts and bolts enough to be talking the way you do.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back