PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alamo's Predict The Score 2022 Alamo's Predict the Score Contest: Week 8 - NE @ NYJ

uh..what about the defense you just saw giving up 6 and 7 yards after hits BEHIND the line all night long? The Jets don't have to do much to win this game in their house. Our only chance IS our running game. Add to this quagmire, our punter is the WORST in the NFL this season.I'll feel better if Barmore and Guy suit up for this game but what we saw last night was horrible and the only reason it's not a big concern it seems is because of the absolute dumpster fire at the QB position.

OK. I'll just give up and hand in my resignation. There's no use trying. We are doomed.

all-is-lost-oh-no-the-shills-are-back-at-20010283.png

Pats 20
morally dubious green slimy ooze 16

how about we wait and SEE what happens before we get into the snark..... ;)

But now I see the light. I should know better than let hope and optimism queer my perspective. Thanks for setting me straight, Joe.

Gun-to-your-head.jpg

Last edited:
Jet's 26
Pats 18

Pats 20
Jets 17

Last edited:
Jets 20-17 Pats

Last edited:
Pats 32
Jest 27

Pats 23
Jets 20

I know it is unlikely, but I can't pick against the Pats been following them since they started through thick and thin and believe me when I say there were worse periods then this. Who knows how the BB era will end, but I will always appreciate what he did for this franchise.

Pats 21
Greenies 17

how about we wait and SEE what happens before we get into the snark..... ;)
That would be a novel approach for this board.

Pats 27
Jets 24

Here's the thing: New England is facing a conventional offense whose quarterback is playing poorly and top RB is done for the season. The Pats defense flummoxed Punky pretty thoroughly last year toward easy wins. The Jete defense is improved but if the Patriots can get Harris and Stevenson in gear with some semblance of ball control they should have the advantage. I see this game coming down to the Pats running game getting untracked.
Untracked or on track?
("exactly.")

I think a lot comes down to who we have on the field, especially on the D side of the ball. I think we overlooked mounting injuries, then they got a little worse.

Jones definitely was trying to do as much as he could before they yanked him, and that's a good read on whether he's back. I think the answer is no. and that with an injury situation, it's pretty neanderthalic to try to force him back, or more accurately, since a QB almost always is trying to get back too early, to let him in. My guess, given how he played and what he was facing defensively, is that he's added time to his recovery.

Untracked or on track?
("exactly.")

Definition of untrack
transitive verb.: to cause to escape from a slump couldn't get untracked and played poorly throughout the game.

I think a lot comes down to who we have on the field, especially on the D side of the ball. I think we overlooked mounting injuries, then they got a little worse.

Jones definitely was trying to do as much as he could before they yanked him, and that's a good read on whether he's back. I think the answer is no. and that with an injury situation, it's pretty neanderthalic to try to force him back, or more accurately, since a QB almost always is trying to get back too early, to let him in. My guess, given how he played and what he was facing defensively, is that he's added time to his recovery.

I give Jones credit for pushing to play Monday night despite being limited in practice all week. I believe he gives the team its best shot at winning this season going forward.

Pats 23
Jets 13

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

NEW YORK JEST

thx Alamo

Pats win, 17-15.

Hoping the defense and running game that skipped the game last week decide to come back this week. Probably 10x more important than whomever if playing QB.

20-17 Jets

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back