Bobby Dalbec: .338 with an 1.160 OPS
Joey Gallo: .139 with a .634 OPS
Anthony Rizzo: .250 with a .784 OPS

Since the July 30 trade deadline:
Kyle Schwarber: .339 with a 1.032 OPS

Too bad he can't catch a ball to save his life. How does a player get to the big leagues as bad as he is with a glove? He must have hit 50 homers a year in the minors.

Last edited:

Since the July 30 trade deadline:
Kyle Schwarber: .339 with a 1.032 OPS

Worst first baseman in the bigs now that Frenchy is no longer up.

Suddenly maybe the Sox aren't so dead after all. Schwarber was a very nice pick-up, Sale has been terrific, and if Richards out of the pen isn't a mirage, that's the bat/starting pitcher/reliever they picked up at the trading deadline.

Unless something drastically changes, will be the Yankees, Sox and A's fighting for the two wild card slots, with 11 of the Sox final 14 games against the Orioles, Mets & Nationals (with a 3 game series against the Yankees thrown in). Should be a fun September.
Yep, what a difference a week makes. After Saturday's win the Sox now have a 4 game lead over Oakland and trail the Yankees by just half a game. So to all you doom and gloom posters this historical collapse ain't happening.

To any current military, veterans or first responders there's a website where you can get Red Sox tickets for half price. They have other teams tickets at a discount as well. I've used it before and it's a good deal except you can only buy Bleacher, Right Field Box or Grandstand tickets. In fact, I bought 3 bleacher seats for the Yankees/Red Sox game on the 24th. The total was $78.00 for all 3 tickets.
Here's a link to the website:

Discount Boston Red Sox tickets for Military & Government on GovX.com

To any current military, veterans or first responders there's a website where you can get Red Sox tickets for half price. They have other teams tickets at a discount as well. I've used it before and it's a good deal except you can only buy Bleacher, Right Field Box or Grandstand tickets. In fact, I bought 3 bleacher seats for the Yankees/Red Sox game on the 24th. The total was $78.00 for all 3 tickets.
Here's a link to the website:

Discount Boston Red Sox tickets for Military & Government on GovX.com

Thank you very much. That's a great link. More than just for tickets. Thanks again.

Yep, what a difference a week makes. After Saturday's win the Sox now have a 4 game lead over Oakland and trail the Yankees by just half a game. So to all you doom and gloom posters this historical collapse ain't happening.
They had the best record in the AL at the all star break. Now they are 8 back in the loss column. And they are in third place. The collapse already happened. Getting into a one game play in isn't making the playoffs as far as I'm concerned. If they get in and win the game. Then we can talk. I will say this. They are playing better with the call ups from Worcester than they did with the starters.

They had the best record in the AL at the all star break. Now they are 8 back in the loss column. And they are in third place. The collapse already happened. Getting into a one game play in isn't making the playoffs as far as I'm concerned. If they get in and win the game. Then we can talk. I will say this. They are playing better with the call ups from Worcester than they did with the starters.
What a bullsh@t answer, playoffs are playoffs. So if the Pats get a wild card berth will that be tainted as well?

What a bullsh@t answer, playoffs are playoffs. So if the Pats get a wild card berth will that be tainted as well?
Comparing football and baseball is a bullsh!t answer lmao. A one game play in game isn't the playoffs. It's a bullsh!t gimick baseball started a couple of years ago. The playoffs start when it's best out of 5 and best of 7 series. In football, they don't play 7 game series for obvious reasons. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Comparing football and baseball is a bullsh!t answer lmao. A one game play in game isn't the playoffs. It's a bullsh!t gimick baseball started a couple of years ago. The playoffs start when it's best out of 5 and best of 7 series. In football, they don't play 7 game series for obvious reasons. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't worry too much about that, folks... Dead Sux aren't making even that play-in game.

Seattle and Toronto very much alive now too, gonna be a dogfight, 5 teams for 2 spots. Sox have to hold on until they get guys back.

The recent run of good starting pitching (apart from yesterday) was helpful, hopefully keep that going.

Anyone who defends trading Mookie has to be out of their minds. He would have caught both those balls that Verdugo butchered yesterday. Verdugo is a huge bust, the Sox have all the money in the world, they obviously should have paid Betts.

They went from having the best defensive outfield to having the worst. Then you blow a 6 run lead without the pitcher allowing a hit. How does that happen?

Cora has to start taking the blame for this ****show

Anyone who defends trading Mookie has to be out of their minds. He would have caught both those balls that Verdugo butchered yesterday. Verdugo is a huge bust, the Sox have all the money in the world, they obviously should have paid Betts.

They went from having the best defensive outfield to having the worst. Then you blow a 6 run lead without the pitcher allowing a hit. How does that happen?

Cora has to start taking the blame for this ****show
Betts would have been a FA this 2021 season.
Betts rejected every Sox contract offer.
Betts signed a long term contract with LA about a second and a half after getting traded there.

But somehow you believe Betts would still be in a Red Sox uniform yesterday....Good stuff

Last edited:
Betts would have been a FA this 2021 season.
Betts rejected every Sox contract offer.
Betts signed a long term contract with LA about a second and a half after getting traded there.

But somehow you believe Betts would still be in a Red Sox uniform yesterday....Good stuff

Dead Sux could've matched/exceeded Any offer the LAD gave him.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back