PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 Red Sox

5.89 ERA was only 18 innings of work. Before that he was one of the better relievers in the game.
Well I'd say this trade is working out well for the Red Sox. :)

Went to the game Saturday. Great atmosphere, perfect night at the ballpark. May have to switch to fubu from youtube tv, I think this is a pretty good team. They couldn't get d*ck for hits off Montgomery... just a bunch of little nubbers n chit... but they played small ball and won a close one. I would have turned it off at home, but in person it was fun to see them take advantage of Yankee mistakes.

Mookie Betts 10hr 29 Rbi .249 avg. 1 outfield assist for $30 million avg. over 12 years- Hunter Renfro 12hr 43 Rbi .272 avg. 11 outfield assists for $3.1 million.

That was the win of the year so far. What a come back. Especially after what happened to them, sat.

And I missed it. I thought the game was tonight. :mad:

I dislike regrets, 2nd guessing, and 20/20 hindsight, but if the Red Sox only won Saturday, the 4 game sweep would have been so nice :)

I dislike regrets, 2nd guessing, and 20/20 hindsight, but if the Red Sox only won Saturday, the 4 game sweep would have been so nice :)
Still 10-3 over the Yankees for the season so far is a sweet way to start....

Don't know if I shared this before....
Lafayette-Lehigh is college's oldest football rivalry and they played their 150th game in Yankee Stadium in 2014 (?) My family has multiple members who attended both colleges, so holidays become times of bragging rights and ridicule. I attended the game as a neutral observer but decided to have some fun. I took a Red Sox banner wrapped it up with a note which said it was a memento from a member of Red Sox nation.. (Remember how flipped out they were when they were building the stadium and guy buried an Ortiz jersey that they dug it up...) I found the most obscure hidden spot I could find above some concrete and tossed it up there.. I'll bet it is still there today......
Oh and the Yankees haven't won anything since then so maybe I helped create a reverse curse of the Bambino......

1627301502656.png

Last edited:
Sept 1, 2021
Red Sox are garbage.
Thank you
Pretty disappointing so far. They are still in the Wild Card hunt but don't look too good

Pretty disappointing so far. They are still in the Wild Card hunt but don't look too good
On the verge of a collapse history will remember

On the verge of a collapse history will remember
I couldn't understand how they were winning so many games early on with the roster of no-names they had. As it turns out it was all smoke and mirrors

I couldn't understand how they were winning so many games early on with the roster of no-names they had. As it turns out it was all smoke and mirrors
i think they actually have a pretty good line up when they added Schwarber. They need another horse like Sale in the rotation and some bullpen help. maybe next year

i think they actually have a pretty good line up when they added Schwarber. They need another horse like Sale in the rotation and some bullpen help. maybe next year
I was thinking more about may june and july when the sox were leading the majors and had beaten the stankies ten times i believe. It seemed the lineup was made up of back ups Bloom traded for or signed. Alot of these guys had lifetime batting averages in the mid or low two hundreds but were playing way above their heads, knocking in runs and hitting homers. But then again i don't pay much attention to the sox or baseball in general.

Suddenly maybe the Sox aren't so dead after all. Schwarber was a very nice pick-up, Sale has been terrific, and if Richards out of the pen isn't a mirage, that's the bat/starting pitcher/reliever they picked up at the trading deadline.

Unless something drastically changes, will be the Yankees, Sox and A's fighting for the two wild card slots, with 11 of the Sox final 14 games against the Orioles, Mets & Nationals (with a 3 game series against the Yankees thrown in). Should be a fun September.

Schwarber is an excellent hitter, no doubt. But adding him made an already bad defensive team even worse. You either put him at first. A position he's never played. Or you DH him. And then have to put JD in the outfield, and that makes them weaker defensively.

Schwarber is an excellent hitter, no doubt. But adding him made an already bad defensive team even worse. You either put him at first. A position he's never played. Or you DH him. And then have to put JD in the outfield, and that makes them weaker defensively.
They suck defensively for sure

They suck defensively for sure

Yep...The One And Only move to address the 1B issue should've been the Homecoming of Anthony Rizzo...The stench of demoralization has completely permeated the clubhouse ever since that day.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back