PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 Offensive Rookie of the Year

I still think what Moss did for the Vikings gives him the edge but we've had some unbelievable rookie WR lately in Beckham, Jefferson and Chase. Just don't see guys come in and do what they've done.

Had a 5th on Hobbs he's been great for them. Another team that is completely dysfunctional from top to bottom. Amazing some of the moves they've made lately. Hudson has been a huge asset in Arizona. Some teams just can't figure it out. Seriously there's like 7-10 teams run well and just a free for all everywhere else.

Yeah,they make moves where who you think what is your strategy right now ?! They had a nice rushing attack and hudson was a part of it, they managed not only to mess up with several first rounded like ferell leatherwood (rn at least) Ruggs and arnette they had some later hits really good players like Hobbs crosby renfrow but they really wasted a lot as well, right now they are in a tough division and middle of nowhere not bad but not good enough

Chase makes for a fine OROY. Having a potential high level QB makes me feel better about the award.

Mac should have a chip on his shoulder. Thirteen teams passed up on him for almost half a round. That's thirteen!

Hands down would rather have McCorkle/N'Keal than Joe/Ja'Marr. OROY is an overrated award anyway. Bengals will be one and done.

Wait...you'd rather have Mac Jones and N'Keal Harry than Joe Burrow and Ja'Marr Chase?

Are you completely crazy?

I like Mac and he played well for a rookie. But Chase played all pro for a vet
80 catches 1400 yards and 13 td's? If he does not win rookie of the year then just call it QB rookie of the year award.

Wait...you'd rather have Mac Jones and N'Keal Harry than Joe Burrow and Ja'Marr Chase?

Are you completely crazy?
Let's take a poll.

Didn’t know where to put this, didn’t wanna make a thread…

Burrow and Chase got me combined like 80 pts in fantasy and i still lost

They nailed the draft picks.

Kneal Harry would be fetching coffee and donuts over there.
Yeah, that’s a toughie. Imagine nailing a consensus number 1 qb with the number 1 pick? Then they outdo themselves the following year selecting the consensus number 1 wr with a top 5 pick. I mean, who does that? Incredible work.

When is the last time BB has had the chance to draft in the top 10? It’s been twice and all he did was select Seymour and Mayo. Top15? Got Mac Jones. Yet, here we are, 3 years later still bringing up Nkeal Harry. Don’t get me wrong, AJ Brown or DK Metcalf should of been the pick every day and Sunday, but it’s spilt milk.

Yeah, that’s a toughie. Imagine nailing a consensus number 1 qb with the number 1 pick? Then they outdo themselves the following year selecting the consensus number 1 wr with a top 5 pick. I mean, who does that? Incredible work.

First off, drafting a QB with a top # 1 pick guarantees nothing. Cinci was smart enough to take Burrow and not to fall for the Tua sales pitch. Dude is a bust and Miami screwed themselves passing on Herbert.

Secondly, taking Chase was a stroke of genius that has produced instant success since Burrow and Chase were LSU teammates.
When is the last time BB has had the chance to draft in the top 10? It’s been twice and all he did was select Seymour and Mayo. Top15? Got Mac Jones. Yet, here we are, 3 years later still bringing up Nkeal Harry. Don’t get me wrong, AJ Brown or DK Metcalf should of been the pick every day and Sunday, but it’s spilt milk.

The poor Pats. Look where they draft.

2020 draft Cinci took Higgins @ 33. To date, 1999 yards - 6 TDs in 2 seasons.
2017 draft Cinci took Mixon @ 48. 1500 combined yards and 17 TDs this season.
2016 draft Cinci took Boyd @ 55. In 2021 he leads the NFL in fewest drops and rocks a 71% catch rate.

Uzomah is a very good TE.

First off, drafting a QB with a top # 1 pick guarantees nothing. Cinci was smart enough to take Burrow and not to fall for the Tua sales pitch. Dude is a bust and Miami screwed themselves passing on Herbert.

Secondly, taking Chase was a stroke of genius that has produced instant success since Burrow and Chase were LSU teammates.

The poor Pats. Look where they draft.

2020 draft Cinci took Higgins @ 33. To date, 1999 yards - 6 TDs in 2 seasons.
2017 draft Cinci took Mixon @ 48. 1500 combined yards and 17 TDs this season.
2016 draft Cinci took Boyd @ 55. In 2021 he leads the NFL in fewest drops and rocks a 71% catch rate.

Uzomah is a very good TE.
I know, and since drafting Boyd 5 years ago they have been in 0 playoff games. Boy maybe drafting successfull wide receivers isn't the best gauge for success in the league.

The only way anyone takes jones and harry over Burrows and Chase is if you think Jones is going to be a better qb than Burrows, or that you are worried that missing 1/3 of a season in your first two seasons as a starting qb makes you injury prone.

I know, and since drafting Boyd 5 years ago they have been in 0 playoff games. Boy maybe drafting successfull wide receivers isn't the best gauge for success in the league.
They did not have the QB until now and Marvin Lewis would lose with Brady.

Think I remember that the Bengals were laughed at in taking Chase instead of a left tackle or an OL man to protect Burrow. Yes, Burrow was injured and missed some of last season but now he is cooking with Chase.

Or perhaps spending huge amounts of draft capital on wide receivers isn't a good strategy for winning long term in the nfl?
You mean like the 4th highest paid Agahlor? Only $22 Mil guaranteed, Dude is the best decoy running deep in the league. Nelson Agholor Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap

What about 7th highest paid Patriot Juno Smith Jonnu Smith Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap and 5th highest paid Henry? Hunter Henry Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap A cool $56 million committed to them.

The Bengals dont have that amount invested in WRs and TEs.

Think I remember that the Bengals were laughed at in taking Chase instead of a left tackle or an OL man to protect Burrow. Yes, Burrow was injured and missed some of last season but now he is cooking with Chase.
The Bengals are a team of the future.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back