PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 Offensive Rookie of the Year

I dont want to play Cincinnati.

Burrow, Mixon, Chase, Boyd, Higgins are the tooth. Their TE quit school because they had recess.

Chase is having one of the best rookie WR seasons ever.

btw Burrow had both Chase and Justin Jefferson in college and wasn't knocked for it like Mac was downplayed at alabama

I still say Jones. If he has a good week against MIA, he locks it up.

The odds swung a ton the last few weeks. Mac was -800 at one point and even -400 going into this week. However, Mac had two really bad games down the stretch, and Chase had a historic season. So @captain stone wins this round, as he told me Chase was going to win the award. It isn't over, but short of Mac throwing for like 5 TDs, I think Chase will win it.

The odds swung a ton the last few weeks. Mac was -800 at one point and even -400 going into this week. However, Mac had two really bad games down the stretch, and Chase had a historic season. So @captain stone wins this round, as he told me Chase was going to win the award. It isn't over, but short of Mac throwing for like 5 TDs, I think Chase will win it.
Make it 6 touchdowns and 450 passing yards and we dump 60-5 on Miami.

And chase is limited to less than 100 yards.

What jones has done this year is simply amazing!

in our complex offense, his pre snap reads are spot on. He had mastered formations, line calls and knowledge of what the defense is doing pre snap.

but jones can not overcome the fact that we have the slowest and nearly least talented receiver room in the nfl!

chase is the shiny penny that the voters will gravitate toward.

but keep in mind, that burrows, the first overall pick is throwing to chase a top 10 overall pick.

jones is a top 15 pick throwing to a motley collection of mostly slow and flawed receivers.

Chase's numbers are better and more dominant than Mac's

On the other hand, Mac Jones's performance has been more impressive because of the degree of difficulty alone

Chase probably had the best rookie WR season ever. Whoever wins it will be well deserved

Would Cincinnati be in the playoffs without Chase? Probably. Would the Pats be in the playoffs without Mac and with Hoyer, Stidham, or Cam at qb? Probably not.

Is there an easier position to make the transition from college to pro than WR?

Is there an easier position to make the transition from college to pro than WR?
Football Reaction GIF by New England Patriots

Would Cincinnati be in the playoffs without Chase? Probably. Would the Pats be in the playoffs without Mac and with Hoyer, Stidham, or Cam at qb? Probably not.
Would the Bengals not have signed someone else then after Green left? I am sure Sewell would helped them as well as Burrow is the most sacked qb within last two years i believe

They certainly would [edit] NOT[/edit]have won yesterday without Chase.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back