PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I literally talked about the Pats and how their circumstances of breaking the hangover were unique due to having the GOATs at the two most important parts of the team and even then the season was a struggle. Seahawks looked like the best team in the NFC after 49 and what happened next? Same with the Falcons after 51. There are way more examples of the losing team in the Super Bowl holding their head up high and going “well we’re still the best team in our conference we’ll be back.” And then they don’t. Think that prime Manning and the 14-2 Colts didn’t think they’d moon walk through the 2010 season after losing against the Saints?
The Chiefs went to the SB two seasons in a row. The Chiefs are built around the QB, not the defense. The Chiefs still have the biggest non-QB difference maker in the NFL since Randy Moss in his A+ effort seasons, in Hill, and they've got the biggest TE difference maker, outside of Gronk, in a long time, and possibly this century.

The Seahawks were built around their defense, and it held Super Bowl strong for 2 years, which is an outlier in the free agent era. The Falcons were built for one and done, being built as a turf team around a lesser defense and a lesser running game.

And Manning had the neck injury in 2010.

Last edited:
Brady is in the NFC. You can talk about him with the other Tompa Bay fans in the other thread.

I have him on ignore (see my sig lol) and had to click the "unignore" button to see what he was saying...did the dude just say Reed going to KC doesn't help Brady? Who fricken cares...he's not on the Pats and last time I checked the Pats were still in the super bowl hunt (along with 31 other teams for the 2021 season). My goodness, these Bradyites are THE most annoying people on this board. If Brady told them to wag their tail, they would do it...

Dear God this trade was for Mac Jones.
I would be shocked if this happened. He better be 2007 Brady to give up that kind of Haul.
That’s way more than I would’ve liked to see the Pats give up to land Mac Jones. It would be tougher to build around him through the draft.

But I would be very, VERY happy to see us get him all the same. If there is any QB in this draft, within reasonable reach, that has the potential to start right away, it’s Jones. Great accuracy and timing on his throws which is exactly what this offense needs. Nick Saban was his head coach and Bill O’Brien his offensive coordinator, so there should be some inherent familiarity with the Pats system. Might not be as flashy as the prospects ranked above him, but this team doesn’t need flashy, it needs consistent. Just give me hope at the QB position, and that’s what Mac Jones would provide.

I have him on ignore (see my sig lol) and had to click the "unignore" button to see what he was saying...did the dude just say Reed going to KC doesn't help Brady? Who fricken cares...he's not on the Pats and last time I checked the Pats were still in the super bowl hunt (along with 31 other teams for the 2021 season). My goodness, these Bradyites are THE most annoying people on this board. If Brady told them to wag their tail, they would do it...
Tommy,

You're lying about having me on ignore again, I see. That's fine. But, you're still responding to my posts and, as you are wont to do, completely screwing that up. What I said was that Reed going to KC doesn't help either the Patriots or Brady. And that's a common sense reply, given that the Chiefs are a league power who both stand in the way of the Patriots SB hopes, and could face Brady and the Bucs should they reach the SB again.

In other words, by lying about having me on ignore, and by sucking at yet another troll attempt, you've once again made yourself look like a fool. I get that such is SNAFU with you, but you really could do better with just a modicum of intelligence applied to your attempts.

And, given your 558 current posts in the Tompa Bay Gronkaneers thread, you are the last person who should be commenting on others mentioning Brady on this board.

#15 for Damn Darnit????????????????????????????????? Is there an influx of ketamine or ecstasy going on around here? A 3rd would be the ceiling for Sam the Sham IMO...
If we trade 15 for Darnold, I quit football
done the office GIF

I was shocked he didn’t retire then. I’d give up the Rams Super Bowl win to not have to see Brady screw us without a heir on the roster and see us scramble with no Cap to fill that void.
Umm, it's the GMs job to fill the roster and to have a transition plan for the QB position. Brady was just a player with zero input into the team. From what he did in Tpa, maybe they should've listened to him.

that is a lot of draft capital for Jones. But if bb truly believes Jones is the guy, then he has to do it.
Jones is supposed to go at end of 1st, or early 2nd. Talk about overreaching.

Timmy (TommyBrady12) as seen on the Metro after SB LV.
20201227_224341.jpg
LMFAO

Can he play OT?

6 game suspension in 2019 for a 2017 domestic violence accusation. Where else was he going to sign? Not enough evidence to charge him but the NFL then conducted their own investigation.
thats why he took a pay cut and went to KC, he knows Goodell will not pursue him as long as he is with the Chiefs as well as Roger hasn't given any suspension to the other abusers on this team :cool:

Jones is projected to go anywhere from 4th to the end of the first. My guess is he goes in the top 10, but that is just a guess. His pro day numbers showed him to be much more athletic than most thought, and as people have started watching his film they have seen that while he is certainly helped by an amazing team, he still
Has to make the throws and decisions.

I don’t get how Patriots fans can defect to the Bucs. You were a Brady fan then not a Patriots fan. Can I respect what Tom did with the Bucs this season yes.
Did I feel resentment towards him for it absolutely. Would I wear a Tampa Tom Jersey not even if I was vacationing in Florida. It feels dirty I would wear a Jets Jersey or Ravens Jersey before that. Maybe some can’t relate but I find the way it went down including pulling Gronk out of retirement and forcing a trade to Tampa. The Radio jabs on Howard Stern about Belichick the whining behind closed doors to Bruce who’s run his mouth nauseating. Love Tom
Even named my oldest after him but that Ageless warlock in Tampa is not the same Tommy who was a 6th round pick and worked from the bottom up.
It's easy. Brady has sacrificed more for the Patriots than Belichick has.

Brady consistently took under market contracts, thus losing money to help this team be better, while Bill has needed to be the top paid coach.

All Brady wanted 2 years ago was a 4 year deal and he would still be a patriot today, so you can't blame the guy for being a tad bitter at Bill.

I have many decades to root for the Patriots but only a brief time to root for the greatest patriot.

So get over yourself and stop telling other people how they are allowed to root for their favorite team. If you want to root against Brady that's fine, but most pats fans root for him which is why viewership from NE out does Tamba for Bucs games.

I wanted him to selfishly retire after the Atlanta game would of been perfect. Retire after the craziest Super Bowl ever and allow Jimmy G to take over.
Would of been perfect never lose a young promising QB and watch Brady retire after the craziest comeback victory in a superbowl which how else would you want to go out. I was shocked he didn’t retire then. I’d give up the Rams Super Bowl win to not have to see Brady screw us without a heir on the roster and see us scramble with no Cap to fill that void.
Brady has been the better QB, between the 2, every year since Atlanta and is still the better QB than Jimmy.

Blame Bill for not trusting Brady to be very good and near elite playing into 45.

Did you watch Jimmy in the superbowl against the Chiefs? The dude would have been forced out of town by this fanbase.

Brady consistently took under market contracts, thus losing money to help this team be better, while Bill has needed to be the top paid coach.

This is such bullsh*t. To base reward and sacrifice for the team on salary is such a simplistic, small-brain way of thinking about the topic.

The number of hours that BB has spent watching film and preparing his team to play during the season and then preparing for free agency and the draft during the off-season dwarfs any sacrifices that Brady made during his 20 years here. While Brady got his 10 hours of sleep every night, Bill would be pulling all-nighters in Foxboro prior to a week 4 game against an 0-3 opponent, after eating stale Papa Gino’s pizza for dinner.

Brady’s salary sacrifices are so overblown, even though Tommy ball-washers love to use that as their ace in the hole. It is highly likely that he would not have been so willing to forego millions for the team if he did not pocket $30 million in endorsement money every year and have a wife who routinely made 50+ million annually.

Last edited:
Brady’s salary sacrifices are so overblown, even though Tommy ball-washers love to use that as their ace in the hole. It is highly likely that he would not have been so willing to forego millio for the team if he did not pocket $30 million in endorsement money every year and have a wife who routinely made 50+ million annually.

This garbage is brought up by the cultist regularly. Brady taking less than what he could have gotten was absolutely self-serving to keep competing for titles. To try to turn this into some kind of benevolent act is the usual rewriting of history that has become a staple of them.

He sure did say that. He also said he was leaving to board after Brady left.

He has me on ignore I think because I tore into him b/c I was done with his elitist, smarmy, condescending posts.

This is such bullsh*t. To base reward and sacrifice for the team on salary is such a simplistic, small-brain way of thinking about the topic.

The number of hours that BB has spent watching film and preparing his team to play during the season and then preparing for free agency and the draft during the off-season dwarfs any sacrifices that Brady made during his 20 years here. While Brady got his 10 hours of sleep every night, Bill would be pulling all-nighters in Foxboro prior to a week 4 game against an 0-3 opponent, after eating stale Papa Gino’s pizza for dinner.

Brady’s salary sacrifices are so overblown, even though Tommy ball-washers love to use that as their ace in the hole. It is highly likely that he would not have been so willing to forego millions for the team if he did not pocket $30 million in endorsement money every year and have a wife who routinely made 50+ million annually.
Spare me, every single coach in the NFL spends countless hours watching game film. That's the job.

You know who else spends countless hours watching game film, players. Players also risk their bodies.

Someone doing everything involved in their job isn't a sacrifice.

When has Bill given up millions of dollars to help the team improve?

So spare me the rhetoric you little Billiever

Brady is in the NFC. You can talk about him with the other Tompa Bay fans in the other thread

I think it's time those people start making the jump to Bucs boards and that thread gets locked. It's been a year and those people have proven they are pro-Tom & anti-Bill So why should they continue to have a place on here to do their Brady worshipping and Belichick damning and no I'm not saying you can't criticize Bill but when you start a thread whining because the mods locked a toxic Belichick hate thread, maybe time to move on from here.

All Brady wanted 2 years ago was a 4 year deal and he would still be a patriot today, so you can't blame the guy for being a tad bitter at Bill.

I have many decades to root for the Patriots but only a brief time to root for the greatest patriot.

So get over yourself and stop telling other people how they are allowed to root for their favorite team. If you want to root against Brady that's fine, but most pats fans root for him which is why viewership from NE out does Tamba for Bucs games.
So you are no longer a Patriots fan?

I think it's time those people start making the jump to Bucs boards and that thread gets locked. It's been a year and those people have proven they are pro-Tom & anti-Bill So why should they continue to have a place on here to do their Brady worshipping and Belichick damning and no I'm not saying you can't criticize Bill but when you start a thread whining because the mods locked a toxic Belichick hate thread, maybe time to move on from here.
Agree. Ian should lock that thread or get it off the main board. He's been gone a year. Get the F over it.

I can see being a NEP fan and hating BB. Captain Stone is the CEO of this group and he and I have been friendly on this board for 3 decades.

I can see being a NEP fan and a Bucs/Tom fan. Hell I might be in this group..

I cannot see being a Bucs fan who is no longer a NEP fan but continue to maintain a consistent presence on this board and bash the team.

It makes zero sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing