2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Productive his first 2 seasons...

Raekwon McMillan
Position: ILB
6-2, 242lb (188cm, 109kg)
Born: November 17, 1995 (Age: 25-122d) in Midway, GA
Draft: Miami Dolphins in the 2nd round (54th overall) of the 2017 NFL Draft.
Current salary: 1,105,573

View attachment 31418
Downhill run stopper. 285 ST snaps last year.

Downhill run stopper. 285 ST snaps last year.

I figured as much...very little PD's and QB hits as well. He'll know the defense somewhat coming from Mia.

McMillan is a good bargain signing. He was pretty good run stuffing LB with Flores & was a mess with the Raiders. Competition with Bentley & Hall. He’s also a way better athlete obviously.

They also appear to be trying to get another draft pick i.e. JC 2nd round or Gilly

Report is they aren't actively trying to trade Gilmore and Jackson is because no one is spending a #2 and a big contract so Pats would would likely be able to match, unless the team front loaded it but I just don't think that would happen this year, they'd want to backload because the cap is gonna jump when that new tv money kicks in which would mean getting him on a lesser deal than they would with him hitting FA next year and if some team does offer a big contract they get a 2nd rd pick 2021 instead of probably a 4th in 2023

I think as it stands right now unless some team bowls them over Gilmore & Jackson are the #1 & #2 going into training camp
View attachment 31417

Hard pass at that number, after his injuries last season.

People on here actually want him at the number. 58.1% career catch rate and there are people mad because Belichick isn't offering him 18m per. But apparently Agholor at $11m is TERRIBLE

BTW here are Gollladay and Agholor's best seasons

Golladay
116 target
65 rec
56.0% catch rate
1190 yards
18.3 AVG
11 TD

Agholor
82 targets
48 rec
58.5% catch rate
900 yards
18.7 AVG
8 TD

Could be argued when properly used Agholor can be just as good as Golladay

But hey then again i'm a big Pats & Belichick (sans Brady) HOMER, so what do I know.

Camp body? His main competition is Bentley so he has a chance.
DW Toys
I actually think he can have a role here. I'm not the biggest fan of Bentley and if McMillan is better against the run, he could beat him out.

True, and another question is why TEN could not "fix him".

Reminds me of PHI not being able to "fix" Wentz.

I think the league more or less is afraid of "broken" QBs, and maybe they are right.

Well, the question is whether he even fit what Vrabel and his staff wanted to do. That could be the issue.

8 mil for juju for to steelers
Doesn’t seem like a smart choice, in terms of the team. Big Ben's shoulder/arm may be toast. Why not go somewhere like Green Bay on a one year deal?

Juju back to Pittsburgh on a one year $8 million deal. I think the receiver market might be hit the hardest by the shrunken salary cap.

had offers from ravens and kc

Doesn’t seem like a smart choice, in terms of the team. Big Ben's shoulder/arm may be toast. Why not go somewhere like Green Bay on a one year deal?

Volume should be there in Pittsburgh though, unless they suddenly remember how to run the ball in 2021. They were fifth lowest in attempts and dead last in yards per carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes