PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh losing Wynn would suck. However with all the money tied up in the O Line it just seems like by pure performance Wynn would be the guy to move to free up salary. Not to mention the chances of them picking up the option is pretty slim.
Wynn is still on his rookie deal. They literally gain nothing by moving Wynn. They're more likely to pick up the option than to not..

No, but Mariota (or any other mediocre, non-vet min option) isn't the one to provide competition. If you have 2 useless veterans on your 53, you're either going to make your rookie inactive on game day or making someone who makes $5M inactive on game day. Either way is a waste of resources.
It’s better than relying on newton. Your argument amounts to newton sucks so we don’t want to improve the qb position because it would cost money.

The rookie can be inactive until hes ready. Standing on the sidelines with a uniform on or without doesn’t really matter and if you feel newton is a better backup that day, then he obviously isn’t ready to play.

And I don’t think Bill wants to box himself in before the draft. He might have eyes on a QB in the draft, or he might not. Why signal his hand when the real games don’t start for months!
He better be all in for a QB in the draft.

Just for speculation, but if this trade were to happen, I would do:

Patriots get:
-Gallup
-#10 pick

Cowboys get:
-gilly

This has been speculation for months. Your dumping your best corner. Who replaces him? I’m not seeing it.

That’s why even though it sounded bogus loved the rumored Gilmore and 15 for Gallup and 10 it would really help us.
Nah, trade picks, keep Gilmore.

It’s better than relying on newton. Your argument amounts to newton sucks so we don’t want to improve the qb position because it would cost money.

The rookie can be inactive until hes ready. Standing on the sidelines with a uniform on or without doesn’t really matter and if you feel newton is a better backup that day, then he obviously isn’t ready to play.
No, my argument is that it in all probability will not be better than relying on Newton. I see just about nothing encouraging in Mariota. I'm not against the general concept of adding another veteran. I'm against Mariota being that veteran. I'd take Minshew, for example.

I don’t recall Mariota throwing balls at receivers feet.
We could do a ton worse for competition.

He better be all in for a QB in the draft.
Can anyone explain how Trubisky (SP) got to the Bills? I didn't see anything that showed how it happened.

That’s why even though it sounded bogus loved the rumored Gilmore and 15 for Gallup and 10 it would really help us.

I just don't see it happening. Gilmore doesn't have that kind of trade value. Not for a player over 30, coming off a bad season, and in the last year of his deal. According to the draft trade charts, moving up from 15 to 10 is the equivalent of a high third round pick. No way are the Cowboys giving up the equivalence of a third round pick and a player one year removed from an 1,110 yard, six TD season for Gilmore.

And if he ever wanted a cape, he could afford to buy several of his own.

Career Earnings: $140,469,288​

Career APY: $15,607,699​

Potential Earnings: $196,469,288
Total Guarantees: $189,369,288
Largest Cash Payment: $40,000,000 (2020)
Largest Cap Number: $45,000,000 (2022)

NFL Agents are capped at 3% so you figure he has made @ $4,214,000 off Cousins

Can anyone explain how Trubisky (SP) got to the Bills? I didn't see anything that showed how it happened.
He was a free agent and signed with them on a 1 year deal.

Wynn is still on his rookie deal. They literally gain nothing by moving Wynn. They're more likely to pick up the option than to not..

Wynn is my guy and hope they do the right thing.

But they can gain whatever they ask for if they choose so. So in case they need a high asset to add to potential big trade, he is one of those.
He doesn't create a hole in the roster (like Gilmore) and has value of top pick.
Picking 5th yr option would increase his trade value.

LTs like Wynn are not easy to find though .. except for pats fans..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back