PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think that Meyers might not make the team? Seriously?
just a possibility
We all seem to be assuming that Edelman and Harry will be gone, and that we carry 6 WR's
Currently, we have Agholor, Edelman, Bourne and Olszewski.
Is it possible that we sign someone else?

If Edelman stays, I see Meyers competing with Bourne for very few reps.

You think that Meyers might not make the team? Seriously?
There are good reasons for Bill to have signed 4 receivers (2 WR's and 2 TE's) and is still looking for more. That reason is NOT because Myers is a lock to be a successful receiver.

However, as I have said, I expect Meyers to make the team.

just a possibility
We all seem to be assuming that Edelman and Harry will be gone, and that we carry 6 WR's
Currently, we have Agholor, Edelman, Bourne and Olszewski.
Is it possible that we sign someone else?

If Edelman stays, I see Meyers competing with Bourne for very few reps.
I think right now the pecking order if all are here is
Agholor
Meyers
Edelman
Bourne

Edelmans days as an every down guy are over. He will play maybe 30 snaps a game in certain packages. Assuming he is healthy.
I can’t imagine Bourne ahead of Meyers right now after Meyers consistent production last year.
Harry would fit somewhere in there, with the assumption he starts out limited to certain packages that accentuate his strengths and if he makes a giant leap moves up.

I see no way in hell Meyers is cut.

Chung was replaced a year ago with Phillips and possibly even Dugger. Bill and most people paying attention to Chung's 2019 play have known for a while. Even if Chung decided to play this year, he would have been buried on the depth chart and possibly even cut.

I actually think Mills might be more about CB depth considering we could be losing Gilmore, Jackson, and JMac all in one offseason (hopefully we keep the first 2 guys). I've heard Mills kinda sucks at CB compared to S, but it seems to be where he could see playing time the most easily.
I talked to my Eagles fan friend and what he’s told me is Mills is slow and has gotten beat a lot by faster receivers. He needs help around him if he’s at corner. A confident player. Does a great job defending in the red area. Played more safety last season.

There are good reasons for Bill to have signed 4 receivers (2 WR's and 2 TE's) and is still looking for more. That reason is NOT because Myers is a lock to be a successful receiver.

He is getting more receivers because Meyers was pretty much our only valid receiver all year.

Meyers caught 58 passes for 722 yards in 11 games with the worse qb in the nfl
That is the equivalent of 84 for 1050 over a full season.
He already is a successful receiver.

No, I'm just responding to someone who doesn't understand how to use the word "aberration" properly, but can't stop himself from doubling down on the subject. L'aisse tomber.
“Laisse tomber” ou plutôt “laissez tomber”

I talked to my Eagles fan friend and what he’s told me is Mills is slow and has gotten beat a lot by faster receivers. He needs help around him if he’s at corner. A confident player. Does a great job defending in the red area.
My Iggles buddy said the same thing about him. Said hes more like a Chung type. Not to be left on an island or cover quick slot-type guys longer than 2 seconds or down the field farther than 10 yards. Says hes quick in space. Very good tackler.

Says if our Chung played the "Chung role" in Philly under "Fat f__ck Chipped Beef Kelly" he would have been fine there.

I think right now the pecking order if all are here is
Agholor
Meyers
Edelman
Bourne

Edelmans days as an every down guy are over. He will play maybe 30 snaps a game in certain packages. Assuming he is healthy.
I can’t imagine Bourne ahead of Meyers right now after Meyers consistent production last year.
Harry would fit somewhere in there, with the assumption he starts out limited to certain packages that accentuate his strengths and if he makes a giant leap moves up.

I see no way in hell Meyers is cut.
We disagree on the role of Meyers. I agree that he will make the team.

My Iggles buddy said the same thing about him. Said hes more like a Chung type. Not to be left on an island or cover quick slot-type guys longer than 2 seconds or down the field farther than 10 yards. Says hes quick in space. Very good tackler.

Says if our Chung played the "Chung role" in Philly under "Fat f__ck Chipped Beef Kelly" he would have been fine there.
Chung is a tough guy. I can only hope Mills can blast guys like a strong safety.

I talked to my Eagles fan friend and what he’s told me is Mills is slow and has gotten beat a lot by faster receivers. He needs help around him if he’s at corner. A confident player. Does a great job defending in the red area. Played more safety last season.
That's what I've also read about Mills, but we still have a logjam at S even after Chung retired, and there might be some playing time to go around at corner.

Chung is a tough guy. I can only hope Mills can blast guys like a strong safety.
so, you have him on the bench as Duggar's backup?

Are y'all seriously saying Meyers won't make the team? He's guaranteed a spot (basically) based on his production last year assuming he hasn't pulled a fat Thor and sucks now.

Are y'all seriously saying Meyers won't make the team? He's guaranteed a spot (basically) based on his production last year assuming he hasn't pulled a fat Thor and sucks now.
I think that everyone expects him to make the team. The question is his role. We have added 4 receiving options and are looking for more.

yes, he had 2020 production. What if Smith Agholor, Bourne, and Henry were there. Would he have been productive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3