PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is balancing this by backloading other contracts. 2/3 contracts w confirmed details are significantly backloaded. They have ton of space ahead to do that. Only where they needed guarantees for competitive advantage they used it.
Actually, these contracts are being backloaded. $12 million this year on a 4 year 48 million dollar contract with a $1 million salary and $12 million signing bonus has a 2021 cap charge of $4 million despite $13 million being paid to the player.

Same, find that very odd. I highly doubt NE makes a move, but if the market stagnates and Samuel will take sub-$10M a year... bite. He can play multiple positions.

On that note of versatility, I would love a Patterson reunion too.
Cousin, Still expecting a sneaky trade. Gilmore for OBJ makes a whole lot of sense.
CB is a desperate need for the Browns. They know it might take a year for OBJ to be back normal. He can still play but at 85%?. ....Who knows....Maybe the Pats will tell the Browns they are willing to wait on the progress and take him now. For what Gilmore will want, it is a CAP wash. OBJ is three years younger than Gilmore.
DW Toys

If you look at Miguel contract structure he actually calls it Cap Number which makes sense.
Cap Hit should mean how much it actually reduces/hits your Cap Space (acc to TOP 51 rule) so id argue my use of the term is fitting
Then more people would know there is still a lot left to spend..:)
That's fine. OTC uses cap number, Spotrac uses cap hit.

I just saw Brown's cap number at $14M. They also include, Bourne, Mills, Wise, and the Cap Space is down to $47M. This doesn't include any of the big contracts (TE, DE, WR).

Actually, these contracts are being backloaded. $12 million this year on a 4 year 48 million dollar contract with a $1 million salary and $12 million signing bonus has a 2021 cap charge of $4 million despite $13 million being paid to the player.

Is this Jonnus contract? Where did you find it?

I just saw Brown's cap number at $14M. They also include, Bourne, Mills, Wise, and the Cap Space is down to $47M. This doesn't include any of the big contracts (TE, DE, WR).

That was Brown's old #. Where did you see that?

Cousin, This makes the cheese more binding. The Rams are in absolute CAP hell. Trade for Cooper Cupp and his $14.5mm salary for Harry and they only have 5 Draft picks. Two lower end pics and Harry for Cupp.
DW Toys
I like Kupp not so sure about the Rams view this trade. They want to go all in and need Kupp for Stafford, I don't think they would give him up

I say then add another WR. Samuel and Galloday are still available. Hell, if he is getting #2 WR money, I would take Smith-Schuster in a second. John Brown might be a good value pick since he is under the radar and only one year removed from a 1,000 yard season.

Granted it was with Brady, but the Pats have shown that they can be successful in their system with a lot of twos and threes WRs and no true #1. If the market is depressed, I wouldn't mind seeing another WR since Galloday may be the only true #1 WR on the market.

How can Brown's 11 million contract have a 14 million cap hit?

I say then add another WR. Samuel and Galloday are still available. Hell, if he is getting #2 WR money, I would take Smith-Schuster in a second. John Brown might be a good value pick since he is under the radar and only one year removed from a 1,000 yard season.

Granted it was with Brady, but the Pats have shown that they can be successful in their system with a lot of twos and threes WRs and no true #1. If the market is depressed, I wouldn't mind seeing another WR since Galloday may be the only true #1 WR on the market.
OBJ trade, please!

Cam is bouncing off the walls about all this action.

Sure does not seem like a man who is going to be a backup. Just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back