PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why all the naysayers Cousins?
We had one of the worst rosters in the NFL and still won 7 games. That itself was a victory. Covid did not help. He should have got Coach of the Year for trying with that motley bunch.
He has the funds to flip the roster for the first time in 20 years and he is taking advantage of it. They must all have Pats traits to allow very little discovery like the face to face prior years and work outs.
Will see how it goes. No talent excuse now. Can we win just 4 more games? ...just 4 more with this new roster. That would put us in the playoffs I believe.
DW Toys

Naysayer, me? LOL

On the contrary, I absolutely Fing love it!!!

I was expecting us to spend to the cap....but not like this. I thought we'd sign guys like Algohor/Bourne...Kyle Rudolph...and maybe make 1 big splash with Golladay...and load up on depth with guys like Mills

I certainly wasn't expecting Judon, Smith, and now Henry......but I love it, baby!

And I was saying that the signs all point to us planning on not having early round draft picks in 2021/2022. And I am also thinking that we might be trading some young pups like Michel, Harry, Asiasi, Keene, etc....sort of eschewing developing players...and just rolling with veterans who are immediate contributors.

And 4+ wins? Nah, I am thinking 20-0 baby including defeating Tommy TWICE!!!

Get him Bill! Low round tender & can play between the tackles/catch out of the backfield.
-Two 1,000 yard seasons (I know it’s DEN, but..)
-4.8 YPC
-70% catch rate

More Moves :

and Caserio brings the ax:

Get him Bill! Low round tender & can play between the tackles/catch out of the backfield. Two 1,000 yard seasons/4.8 YPC (yeah, I know it’s DEN, but..)

This actually was yesterday's news, we've talked about the possibility some in this thread. I think the main concern is he isn't the type of RB we need right now (we need a White replacement).

This actually was yesterday's news, we've talked about the possibility some in this thread. I think the main concern is he isn't the type of RB we need right now (we need a White replacement).
Yeah I saw it yesterday, but didn’t know we’d be in the market for a RB. Also, he’s the perfect back because he can do both. Also, if we need a White replacement so bad, why is BB “allegedly” looking into Fournette/Carson? Allegedly.. Lastly, I do wonder where JJ Taylor would fit into all of this.

Also, if we need a White replacement so bad, why is BB “allegedly” looking into Fournette/Carson? Allegedly..
They probably have concerns about the durability of Taylor and the Glass brothers.

Big name officially on the market:

This cut was the safest bet.

Idk what market can an injured LB have (achilles in December) who hasn't played much or good in 3 years?

Yeah I saw it yesterday, but didn’t know we’d be in the market for a RB. Also, he’s the perfect back because he can do both. Also, if we need a White replacement so bad, why is BB “allegedly” looking into Fournette/Carson? Allegedly.. Lastly, I do wonder where JJ Taylor would fit into all of this.
Taylor is a big wild card in our RB situation. If he can catch and pass protect, we're all set there. There isn't *zero* need for the more traditional type of RB, it just isn't the #1 priority at the position right now. Or at least in my opinion shouldn't be. As you mention, we're showing interest in non-receiving backs. It could be due to an intention of moving on from Michel, or just perceived value. I wouldn't be mad if we signed any of Lindsay/Fournette/Carson. It just wouldn't fill a need.

I don’t know what this means but it seems negative and is directed at Deus, so I gave it a “like”.

he is a charter member of the Brady underwear brigade....hence ‘dingleberry’

but he’s also a knob polisher of those no longer on the team to the point that he wants the team to now fail to prove his point

Brady was great .... but he’s gone now so he sucks ****....he was awesome when he was here, definitely gave off the stench that says he’ll suck **** the moment he left the door. His self promoting video was my ‘oh jeezus’ moment

6 super bowl wins....I’m ready for the next chapter for this team. I loved this f*cking team for 50 years....I will always love this f*cking team.....homer? F*ck yeah!

Brady is gone....there is no Tom Brady

So, you're saying that we went from the very worst TE group to maybe the 5th best? And that isn't enough?
Lol where did I say that isn’t enough? People just make stuff up.

Wonder what's next for New TEngland?... ;)

the beauty of free agency so far is how far everyone else is behind

the pats 1000% had a plan, and they waited for the bell and executed it.......no feeling it out, they went out and got their guys

there's going to be a time where there's forks in the off season script, or choices to be made, but so far they are just hammer down, get it done

it's glorious so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back