PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
This cap space excuse doesn't make sense. Both Brady and Mahomes released $19-$20M by restructuring/extending their contracts. SF could do the same w/ Jimmy.
Pushing money back has consequences.

There was nothing negative said. It doesn’t matter. I read through the rest of the posts and saw you posted something else about Reiss later. Im not sure why you’re so obsessed with trolling the board right now.
I never said Reiss said anything negative. I simply stated that it wasn't a glowing review. That doesn't mean negative. I guess I was expecting something more positive. Like @dreighver said it was pretty neutral.

Lol, at being obsessed.

He is giving a best case and worst case. He could have written that exact line regardless of the players involved. You are digging way too hard to try to find negatives.
Come on man, he didn't have to use "winning the offseason." That was uncalled for and not necessary to make his worst case argument.

His introductory reason of Bill vs Tom/SB and vengence was also a bit of a slight.

I'm not digging. I'm reading and comprehending.

You do what you gotta do.
Only if it makes sense. Pushing money out on some players makes sense and on others it does not.
You have to pay it either way. Paying it after the guy is no longer on your team is restrictive.

Come on man, he didn't have to use "winning the offseason." That was uncalled for and not necessary to make his worst case argument.

His introductory reason of Bill vs Tom/SB and vengence was also a bit of a slight.

I'm not digging. I'm reading and comprehending.
No you are searching for something you can call negative and post.
No clue why you enjoy being negative about this team, but it’s what you do.

Well you're wrong again, which isn't surprising. Being realistic is only viewed as negative by insecurities.

By the way, I'm not the one writing these articles "analyzing today's unprecedented actions." You want to pretend that what happened today was normal and shouldn't be analyzed. Knock yourself out with your rose colored lenses.

Here's another pretty straight forward article that says much of what I posted today but you said wasn't true. Why are you being so defensive?

And by the way, I spent more time making jokes than anything else. You just lack a sense of humor.

Lmao dude, you take this forum, team, the sport and everything way too seriously. Relax, it's not that important. Really.

Well you're wrong again, which isn't surprising. Being realistic is only viewed as negative by insecurities.

By the way, I'm not the one writing these articles "analyzing today's unprecedented actions." You want to pretend that what happened today was normal and shouldn't be analyzed. Knock yourself out with your rose colored lenses.

Here's another pretty straight forward article that says much of what I posted today but you said wasn't true. Why are you being so defensive?

So you are letting the internet think for you?

When you follow a team that has operated in a manner for 20 years that leaves them with little money for free agency, and then one year they have 70 mill almost the most in the league, of course what they are going to do is unprecedented.
Because there is no precedent because they have never been in that situation. I’ve told you for months this was going to happen.
And you threw out your negativity that they would be cheap and only sign “value” (as if that’s a bad word).
Then they come out and do exactly what I told you they would, exactly what you complained they wouldn’t and instead of being excited about the multitude of talent added to the team you root for, your responses are to say “Belichick has lost his mind” and go searching around for articles in the internet that you can post to claim they did poorly.
You are Mr Negative. At least embrace it.

And by the way, I spent more time making jokes than anything else. You just lack a sense of humor.

Lmao dude, you take this forum, team, the sport and everything way too seriously. Relax, it's not that important. Really.
Wrong. This team is very important to me. I have not missed a play of a game in over 20 years. I come here because it is important to me. I don’t come here to make jokes with strangers.
If it’s not important to you why are you wasting so much time posting here? Sorbs your time on something important to you. Life is short.

So you are letting the internet think for you?

When you follow a team that has operated in a manner for 20 years that leaves them with little money for free agency, and then one year they have 70 mill almost the most in the league, of course what they are going to do is unprecedented.
Because there is no precedent because they have never been in that situation. I’ve told you for months this was going to happen.
And you threw out your negativity that they would be cheap and only sign “value” (as if that’s a bad word).
Then they come out and do exactly what I told you they would, exactly what you complained they wouldn’t and instead of being excited about the multitude of talent added to the team you root for, your responses are to say “Belichick has lost his mind” and go searching around for articles in the internet that you can post to claim they did poorly.
You are Mr Negative. At least embrace it.
Yea, not engaging in your little made up trap.

You're a person that lacks imagination and curiosity. The typical person so set in their ways they're afraid to question anything. You have a simple mind that sees everything in a world of blacks and whites. You blindly support the team or you're being negative. Think for yourself.

There was "no value " today. It was all out the window. Overpaying for jag WRs. That's not what you've been saying. There's spending money and there's blowing money. Not the same. Good night dude. Smoke a blunt.

I think our aggressive FA acquisitions had a two fold purpose:

a.) Lock down these guys now while the cap is low. When the cap goes up post-COVID...these deals will be a bargain.

b.) By building in FA, this allows us the flexibility of giving up a 2021 1st, a 2021 2nd, a 2022 1st, and a 2022 2nd to move up for a QB and have the kid on a rookie deal until 2023 when we can build thru the draft again.

Yea, not engaging in your little made up trap.

You're a person that lacks imagination and curiosity. The typical person so set in their ways they're afraid to question anything. You have a simple mind that sees everything in a world of blacks and whites. You blindly support the team or you're being negative. Think for yourself.

There was "no value " today. It was all out the window. Overpaying for jag WRs. That's not what you've been saying. There's spending money and there's blowing money. Not the same. Good night dude. Smoke a blunt.
You can always tell who loses the argument when they give up and go for personal attacks.

Ok though now we know you think that none of today’s signings had any value and all they did was blow money.

Im a grime man with a family and a career, no blunts for me.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Godchaux, Jonnu, Bourne, and Anderson - I feel really great about. Safe choices who'll fit their respective roles here really well, IMO. Godchaux is freakishly strong - that dude does NOT move backwards, ever. You can't block him with one guy. Jonnu is a well-rounded TE with a ton of potential. Bourne does everything well, has improved each season, and runs really good routes. Anderson is a really solid rotational DL who can play anywhere along the line.

Judon I feel pretty darn good about - he's extremely good, just want to make sure he can stay mentally in the right place. On the whole feel solid about him and he's a great edge defender anytime he's on the field.

Agholar is the one that's a bit more boom-bust. Corey Davis got identical money (over 3 years instead of 2) - I think Davis is the safer choice, but Agholar has more potential (especially athletically). In some sense, you could argue Davis would be redundant, with them already having possession/MoF receivers (Edelman, Meyers, Harry, and now Bourne) - they need speed, athleticism, and a home-run threat, which Agholar is more so than Davis is.

Of course there is inherent risk, but I think overall you gotta feel pretty good about today.

I still want to see them add an athletic, dynamic RB to pair with Harris and to push Michel. Kenyon Drake would be nice.

Oh, I forgot to mention Mills - I really, really like him. Lowkey great signing. Versatile, smart, can play any position in the secondary.

PATRIOTS:
C. Newton: Elite
J. Smith: Average
D. Godchaux: Below Average
M. Judon: Average
J. Mills: Below Average
N. Agholor: Below Average
K. Bourne: Above Average

BILLS:
D. Williams: Very Good
M. Milano: Average
J. Feliciano: Below Average

BROWNS:
J. Johnson llI: Elite

BRONCOS:
S. Harris: Very Good
R. Darby: Above Average

BUCCANEERS:
L. David: Very Good
S. Barrett: Very Good
R. Gronkowski: Above Average

CARDINALS:
JJ. Watt: Above Average
M. Golden: Above Average

CHARGERS:
C. Linsley: Very Good
M. Davis: Average

CHIEFS:
J. Thuney: Above Average

COWBOYS:
D. Prescott: Above Average

JETS:
C. Davis: Very Good
C. Lawson: Above Average

PANTHERS:
P. Elflein: Poor
C. Erving: Below Average

RAIDERS:
Y. Ngakoue: Above Average

RAVENS:
K. Zeitler: Very Good

TEXANS:
M. Ingram: Average
A. Roberts: Average
M. Collins: Average
You got to stop. Prescott above average and Cam is Elite??? You surely are making this up. If Cam is Elite Prescott is top 10 all time. Did make me chuckle the first couple of times. But people are going to start taking you serious.

Last edited:
Lets talk in a year. In biggest games he disappeared. And was playing alongside Brown taking much of attention..
Glad not here..

We sign him and this would never be uttered probably would get your account suspended

The Pats have only won back to back Super Bowls once under Brady. And he had arguably the best defense in the NFL those years. Brady's leadership can only go so far.

I think the Bucs are really talented, but I don't know if I look at them as the 2003/2004 Pats talented or even the 2014/2015 Seahawks who were the closest of winning back to back Super Bowls since the Patriots.

Barring injuries there a better team this year than last if they keep Suh. The offense was in and out of elite levels but they figured it out late now that same group gets an off season together. The offense also had a lot o injures Capps was out 4 games, Godwin had a broken hand, Evans was hurt all year, Jones there best RB was hurt, and Brady was dealing with injuries. If they an stay healthy they have a top 4 offense easily than add in internal growth from players like Johnson, Miller, and Howard that offense is absolutely scary. The defense should be better as well with Vea alone being back and the growth that the corners showed at the end of the season. Winfield won’t be a rookie anymore and White was an all pro linebacker by the end of the year that’s a top 8 defense for sure

The Bucs don’t have to be as good as those teams you mentioned they just have to be better than the current contenders which they are as of now

The Bucs had the 8th best scoring defense last year (just behind the Patriots at 7). They were sixth in yards allowed. they were sixth in take aways. They were a very good defense, but not a top defense.

And if they are the #1 team in the NFC it is in part that their competition got worse. The Saints have been gutted.

Those defensive numbers are absolutely insane considering Vea there best defender and probably the second best tackle in the league played 5 games. Insert him in there and JPP/Shaq are virtually unblockable and the pressure gets there enough for the secondary to be as aggressive as they were in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back