PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no doubt in my mind that Belichick will bump Gilmore's contract just like he did last year. He may make the bonus contingent on the number of games that Gilmore can play.
I dunno man. Granted his injury was a muscle and not structural. Who knows..

Well that's not me. I hope I'm dead wrong. If I am, I'll be the 1st to admit it. I'd much rather have team win than be right. That's stupid.

I'm just trying to be objective and truly believe we have too many holes. But I've also said, let's wait and see how it goes. You're making me feel guilty for not being more hopeful, so I'll keep an open mind, how's that.
Sure, I just think it’s defeatist to run around every day whining the team stinks when you don’t even know who half the team will be.
Im really excited to see belichick have his first opportunity ever to spend freely to remake his roster. He has never had close to this level of resources.

Speaking of Titans moving to NE..

I wonder if BB is willing to take this reclamation project who could pay big dividends for very low risk.
6'7-350 athletic mountain - on the field he could be a perfect RT prospect for BB and Pats offense.
Cajuste is ready to go finally and OT draft class is loaded, but this could be a very cheap solution for some serious RT TC competition.

A swap of D3 picks or straight 6-rd could seal the deal acc. to some sources. Signed through 2023 + 5y option.

Very immature/irresponsible start of NFL career but his former coaches say totally out of character.
Maybe Boston/Foxboro structure is what the kid needs. He has two very mature senior Georgia dogs here to help out.

Fountaine and Pittman (ex-coaches) each insisted that the rookie's issues of this season have been out of character for the young man they knew.

“I just think sometimes when you play at these big programs at Georgia, you’re so structured,” Fountaine said. “Your life is on a spreadsheet. … He’s got some freedom and has some money. I don’t know. He’s not making great decisions, but he was never, never an issue while he was here.”

That’s similar to what I’ve been hearing about Wilson all year from those who knew him prior to the NFL: He’s not a bad guy. He is social and outgoing. He’s basically “like a big kid,” Fountaine said, remembering the SpongeBob SquarePants backpack that Wilson had.

Liked him out of college. Low risk high reward. Could be another trent brown.

Where do you get that Isabella is a bust?

He's like their #4 receiver currently. He's got Christian Kirk, DeAndre Hopkins and Larry Fitzgerald ahead of him at WR. So, please explain how Isabella is a "bust". Please keep in mind that you have a Hall of Fame WR in Hopkins and one in Fitzgerald there ahead of him.
That's definitely a 3 headed monster in Arizona. It's a fair point, is he buried or not a baller. Can't say until he gets a chance to be in the starting line up.

I like Isabella way better than NKeal Harry, but Isabella hasn't shown much in the NFL. On the other hand getting Harry off the roster is a slam dunk :rofl:

Speaking of Titans moving to NE..

I wonder if BB is willing to take this reclamation project who could pay big dividends for very low risk.
6'7-350 athletic mountain - on the field he could be a perfect RT prospect for BB and Pats offense.
Cajuste is ready to go finally and OT draft class is loaded, but this could be a very cheap solution for some serious RT TC competition.

A swap of D3 picks or straight 6-rd could seal the deal acc. to some sources. Signed through 2023 + 5y option.

Very immature/irresponsible start of NFL career but his former coaches say totally out of character.
Maybe Boston/Foxboro structure is what the kid needs. He has two very mature senior Georgia dogs here to help out.

Fountaine and Pittman (ex-coaches) each insisted that the rookie's issues of this season have been out of character for the young man they knew.

“I just think sometimes when you play at these big programs at Georgia, you’re so structured,” Fountaine said. “Your life is on a spreadsheet. … He’s got some freedom and has some money. I don’t know. He’s not making great decisions, but he was never, never an issue while he was here.”

That’s similar to what I’ve been hearing about Wilson all year from those who knew him prior to the NFL: He’s not a bad guy. He is social and outgoing. He’s basically “like a big kid,” Fountaine said, remembering the SpongeBob SquarePants backpack that Wilson had.

The problem here is the $4.6M in remaining guaranteed salaries. If I were running the Titans, getting that salary off the books would sound like a win even for no trade compensation at all.

The problem here is the $4.6M in remaining guaranteed salaries. If I were running the Titans, getting that salary off the books would sound like a win even for no trade compensation at all.

Kid has only played one game but the potential is there. Has long arms. Very similar to trent brown. When brown’s healthy he’s a very good tackle. Hasn’t been healthy in las vegas.

That reminds me of when the Pats traded Bethel Johnson to the Saints for Jonathan Sullivan. 1 bust for another bust wasn't exciting then and wouldn't be now either.
Isabella's game never fit with Kyler's game, since Murray's game isn't about staying in the pocket and making the quick read to the slot guys. I don't know if Isabella will make it at the NFL level, but I loved the idea of Isabella working with Brady.

Listen...Isaiah was an absolute MONSTER at GA. And NEVER heard about him being a problem (I know folks in the program).

No one can believe what is happening...very out of character. Could be structure/money for sure.

Or it could be a new mental issue.

Either way, swapping 7th rounders is absolutely worth it for a look at a specimen likenthat to see if you can turn him around.

I'd prefer we keep Gilly because the D is better with him but I don't think he wants to play for $7m and I don't think BB is moving off that number for a 31year old CB.

BOTTOM LINE
The only folks who believe that Gilmore isn't worth $7M for his 2021 services post here on this board.

Listen...Isaiah was an absolute MONSTER at GA. And NEVER heard about him being a problem (I know folks in the program).

No one can believe what is happening...very out of character. Could be structure/money for sure.

Or it could be a new mental issue.

Either way, swapping 7th rounders is absolutely worth it for a look at a specimen likenthat to see if you can turn him around.
We need someone to backup Wynn. Sounds like a perfect low risk high reward situation.

Wr Harry to Titans for ot Wilson.
I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that Harry is 100 times as valuable as Wilson right now. It takes entirely irrational feelings about Harry to prefer the guy who ended up on the covid list for breaking protocol to party with college students, reported to camp significantly overweight, jumped off a balcony to run away from cops while breaking covid rules at a college party a second time, got a DUI doing burnouts at an intersection and blowing .107 the Friday before the season opener, got absolutely blown up while attempting to block on a field goal on one of his four snaps this season, was suspended by the Titans for an undisclosed violation of team rules, and then was placed on the non-football illness list. I'll even give him a pass on the NYE party with strippers on a boat, but then just a couple weeks ago we got this out of him...

1if4lefwkih61.jpg

(Source for all that)

brown got paid and then went back into lazy mode.
Also Brady has made ave Olinemen look elite. Trent Brown and Nate Soldier stand out.

To a lesser extent Logan Mankins was viewed as a HOF caliber guard but was garbage when he left the pats.

Not saying he wasn't great, but having a QB that keeps safeties out of the box makes the run game easier, and having a QB thelat releases it on ave in 2.4 secs makes pass protection easy as well.

We need someone to backup Wynn. Sounds like a perfect low risk high reward situation.
We have someone to back-up Wynn in Herron. What we need is a starting RT since Eluemenor is likely gone. Whether that's Onwenu or Herron remains to be seen. They also have Cajuste and Cunningham, though they are unknowns. I wouldn't mind them drafting one of the names or picking up Wilson to put in the mix at RT.

Also Brady has made ave Olinemen look elite. Trent Brown and Nate Soldier stand out.

To a lesser extent Logan Mankins was viewed as a HOF caliber guard but was garbage when he left the pats.

Not saying he wasn't great, but having a QB that keeps safeties out of the box makes the run game easier, and having a QB thelat releases it on ave in 2.4 secs makes pass protection easy as well.
Neither Trent Brown nor Nate Solder were "average" Olinemen. Mankins wasn't garbage when he left the Patriots.

Your evaluations leave a lot to be desired. BTW, in the 1st couple games, Newton was getting the ball out in 2.1 seconds.. That timing isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes