PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s not an overpay. It’s the market.
Of course it's the market but it was set by the Pats. He was projected to get $9.5M/yr. Henry is projected at $12M/yr.

Smith is getting $12.5M/yr. He's now #3 behind Kelce and nobody else is close. It's an overpay but I like it.

f
I am just honest to God donated my Adalius Thomas jersey to community aid this weekend

I was holding on to it with the hope we sign another Thomas and he happens to wear 96.
It’s a pretty common name.
Wife needed closet space though.
It went with the Chad Jackson, Laurence Maroney, Asante Samuel Jerseys to a good cause LOL.

The Chandler Jones who played here was not the same Chandler Jones who plays in Arizona. Also, we had less to spend the year we would have extended Jones. I'm not convinced spending $20M on an edge player is a smart move though.
Who's fault was that? Cards used him differently where he could rush passer where he was handcuffed by Bill yet still was a damn good player and the best pass rusher Bill drafted.

The Chandler Jones who played here was not the same Chandler Jones who plays in Arizona. Also, we had less to spend the year we would have extended Jones. I'm not convinced spending $20M on an edge player is a smart move though.

He couldn't set the edge and teams were just running around him

Who's fault was that? Cards used him differently where he could rush passer where he was handcuffed by Bill yet still was a damn good player and the best pass rusher Bill drafted.

You're not wrong that the sack difference between his tenure here and Arizona is system-based. I would argue that just makes it less rational to spend a ton of money on that position in this system.

No. If you're going to pay $20M per year (which he is asking), make sure he can actually get to the damn QB. He had a lot of talent at all 3 levels. He's a "I almost sacked him" type guy.

Buyer beware.

I could not care less about sack numbers. It is among the most overrated stats in the entire game.

He fits pretty well what we want our EDGE guys to do so you will have to come back with an actual relevant argument.

Yet he has been in the running for DPOTY a few years in a row since leaving NE.

That too. He wasn't worth the money in this system where edge players are expected to be just as good against the run.

Also, we had less to spend the year we would have extended Jones. I'm not convinced spending $20M on an edge player is a smart move though.

We would have never given Jones a market level deal. His skillset just was not a fit for our defense. He was average against the run and useless dropping back into coverage.

He was value on a rookie deal but that's about it.

Yet he has been in the running for DPOTY a few years in a row since leaving NE.
Are you one of those "sacks is the only thing that matters" guys? Because the media award voters are those guys, and that's why DPOY generally goes to the guy with the most sacks.

It is among the most overrated stats in the entire game.
A sack is a guaranteed negative play.

A "pressure" is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick