PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? He's exactly the type of DE that excels in a BB offense.

I'm not convinced the type of edge player we look for is worth the kind of money I think Judon will be receiving.

I would still be happy to see him sign here.

Za’Darius Smith is another massive Ravens #1 EDGE (6’4 272) that took another step with the Packers.

Pat's linked to interest in FA RBs.

Chris Carson. If can stay healthy the guy is a beast dual threat RB. I like him alot.

I never dared dream about Judon - i was happy with Bowser from BAL - but he might see a glimpse of his edge prince LT

That would be a statement of this FA - possibly top PTP in all FA

But one of BAL D FAs was/is a good bet

Judon threatened to blackmail a reporter with pics of him and a stripper because he didn’t like a story the guy wrote. Not the kind of character I love to see.

BB’s opening purse strings. Kinda surprised. Figured a signing. But big ticket ?
If they’re trying to resign Thuney as has been reported, there is no 3rd round comp pick to worry about, none of our other FAs are worth that much.

Either way, the moment they signed Smith that pick was out the window. No need to hold back now, the key thing is spending the money on the right players obviously. So far Smith, Godchaux and Judon (if it happens) sound like perfect fits.

I think it would be a lie to not say that it's an overpay. He's the 3rd highest paid TE with the most guaranteed money. That is an overpay.

He was also together with Henry the top option in the FA market -- which made him COVID crunch resistant -- and his deal is the most recent among TEs. Give it a year and he will be on the lower end of the top 10 paid TEs.

If you shop on the first day of FA there is no "overpay" but just what the market demands.

Also I have no idea where you get the idea that he has the most guaranteed money. Kittle has 40m in guarantees on a contract signed just a year ago. 40m > 31.25m

He wants $20M per year. He plays in a D with a lot of talent around him taking attention away from him.

Bill wouldn't pay Chandler Jones, but he'd pay this guy? Lol.

Judon threatened to blackmail a reporter with pics of him and a stripper because he didn’t like a story the guy wrote. Not the kind of character I love to see.
Myra wouldn’t stand for it

But can he rush the passer?

He wants $20M per year. He plays in a D with a lot of talent around him taking attention away from him.

Bill wouldn't pay Chandler Jones, but he'd pay this guy? Lol.
The Chandler Jones who played here was not the same Chandler Jones who plays in Arizona. Also, we had less to spend the year we would have extended Jones. I'm not convinced spending $20M on an edge player is a smart move though.

Most likely he is too low rated on Madden for some posters.
No. If you're going to pay $20M per year (which he is asking), make sure he can actually get to the damn QB. He had a lot of talent at all 3 levels. He's a "I almost sacked him" type guy.

Buyer beware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick