PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 NFL Free Agency/Trade News & Discussion: March Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the Folk signing, we're in the rare position of having no major holes at starting positions (some of those spots we would still like to upgrade) before the draft even happens.

QB, Center and ILB would appear to be the most upgradeable positions.
I'm actually hoping the Pats grab one of the excellent centers in the draft and that he outplays Karras from day 1..

hey look the Jete just signed someone.. who told them they could participate.. Keelan Cole - 1 yr 5.5 ( Ian Rap)

Had seen report that we were interested.

Wish we had a smart GM. One that would not fall for that kinda ****. Where can we find a guy who was born and raised in the game of football and has spent nearly his whole adult life being raised on the in and outs of the league. We need to be aggressive and find that guy!
Evidently it’s Colin cowherd :haha:

Jets sign Carl Lawson: (talk about over-paying.. HOLY F***) $15M/yr for a guy who had averaged 5 sacks per season..

QB, Center and ILB would appear to be the most upgradeable positions.
I’d also like to see some closure at CB. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Pats take one in the draft.

- Gilmore not interested in playing at $7m this season, is he traded? Holding out? Extended?

- JMac is a free agent and might not be brought back entering his age 34 season

- Jackson on a 2nd rd tender and Pats can match any offer but what if another team prices them out and they take the 2nd rd pick instead? Future beyond 2021 uncertain

- Jones a nickel not an outside corner, Mills may feature more at safety, Williams is unproven, etc.

edit - for the money he’s making I’ll assume Mills starts at CB if two of Gilmore/JMac/JCJ are gone

Cousin, Patterson has some decent RB stats and well as receiver. He is a talented KR. He could be your 5th guy.
DW Toys

He is an excellent returner and ran Jet Sweeps well...that's it. I'd still take him back though.

I’d also like to see some closure at CB. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Pats take one in the draft.

- Gilmore not interested in playing at $7m this season, is he traded? Holding out? Extended?

- JMac is a free agent and might not be brought back entering his age 34 season

- Jackson on a 2nd rd tender and Pats can match any offer but what if another team prices them out and they take the 2nd rd pick instead? Future beyond 2021 uncertain

- Jones a nickel not a starter, Mills may feature more at safety, Williams is unproven, etc.
I agree. I hope maybe Newsome in the second could be nice. I am not so much up to surtain. He struggles deep coverage skill due to speed Lack. But could be a nice FS maybe cause he is a good tackler and smart

Watched Cowherd yesterday when he asked Rosenhaus which client he's meeting with. Drew said he couldn't tell him because he had just told a GM the player was on a plane on his way to meet with another team, instead of going to meet with him in Miami. They both laughed. Drew went on to say that he'll do anything to get his clients (and himself) the best deal.

I think (scumbag) Drew snookered Dolla, Dolla Bill into all those high $$ guarantees with the same line: player Y is on his way to meet with team X, better hurry. Sigh
So just checking, you think belichick has done bad job this week?
And you think bill Belichick is the easy mark an agent decides to try to dupe?
Which players do you think we’re overpaid?

I agree. I hope maybe Newsome in the second could be nice. I am not so much up to surtain. He struggles deep coverage skill due to speed Lack. But could be a nice FS maybe cause he is a good tackler and smart
How about Asante Samuel Jr.? How cool would that be for him to be drafted by the same coach that drafted his father. Sr. had a great career here even if that one play that shall not be mentioned puts a damper on it.

How about Asante Samuel Jr.? How cool would that be for him to be drafted by the same coach that drafted his father. Sr. had a great career here even if that one play that shall not be mentioned puts a damper on it.
Not a snowballs chance in hell of that happening.

Sr. is all bitter and hating on BB these days.

My concern would be Asante Sr putting the Kay-bosh on signing a contract here. He's still salty over his departure and the fact that fans won't let him forget that SB where he f'ed up numerous times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes