PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 Mock Drafts

lol turned on randomness and needs to max, and got these results.. i would win GM of the year with this draft

very unrealistic, but still fun

1617033192181.png

this was using the JetsHub player rankings

1617039364812.png

that would be a sexy draft.. but so much variety between all the different sites and rankings, this one doesnt feel very realistic to me either

I'm fine with most of the picks esp Horn, Value of Jones in second, St.Brown, Fehoko, Brown and Van Lanen. But why two more WR? We would have Agholor,Bourne,Meyers, Edelman who are locked imo, and Harry Fehoko, Gunner(ST),Collins,Rodgers,St. Brown...i'd gotta admit i'd rather use two of the WR picks for next year draft capital or trade up in the second for DE/LB like idk who was available but maybe Turner,Oweh,Cox idk just guessing. I can see at least 3/4 potential starters which would be a very good draft esp at the positions CB QB WR DT and OT depth

Two CB's in the top 100. @captain stone what are your thoughts about that? :D
We do need to add at least one CB from the draft for the pipeline, but my preference is still to take one at #139 and be aggressive in the UDFA market (like Bill should've done last year if he hadn't Literally Thrown Away his 4th-round picks to move up for those two rancid TEs)...

I still feel a better use of our picks is drafting some combination of QB/WR/OL/NT/DE during the first 2 days, and using our day 3 picks on CB/WLB/WR2/OL2/whatever position from the first group that wasn't addressed earlier.

this was using the JetsHub player rankings . . .
that would be a sexy draft.. but so much variety between all the different sites and rankings, this one doesnt feel very realistic to me either
Why would you expect them to go together?

We do need to add at least one CB from the draft for the pipeline, but my preference is still to take one at #139 and be aggressive in the UDFA market (like Bill should've done last year if he hadn't Literally Thrown Away his 4th-round picks to move up for those two rancid TEs)...

I still feel a better use of our picks is drafting some combination of QB/WR/OL/NT/DE during the first 2 days, and using our day 3 picks on CB/WLB/WR2/OL2/whatever position from the first group that wasn't addressed earlier.
If we don't trade up for QB or WR i'd like to pick like 3 times in top 70. Just try to add some difference makers at CB/S/DE/OT/WR/LB. I would say quality over quantity this draft since our roster is loaded

just because its fun...

View attachment 31730

2nd one went pretty nicely for me, would love if it plays out something similar like that

View attachment 31731

the funny part of the pff mock draft simulator is, no matter which QB you take in any given round it will always be a A+ :haha:

I especially like the second mock; my only change would be adding another OLman instead of a third WR...

If we don't trade up for QB or WR i'd like to pick like 3 times in top 70. Just try to add some difference makers at CB/S/DE/OT/WR/LB. I would say quality over quantity this draft since our roster is loaded

Switch Safety with McNeil/Shelvin and I am in complete agreement.

Switch Safety with McNeil/Shelvin and I am in complete agreement.
I think i'd like to take a shot at a FS. Don't see Dugger there and DMac won't be there forever, so i think it's good to take a shot and sit the guy learn from Dmac. Would love mcneil or shelvin as well here

I especially like the second mock; my only change would be adding another OLman instead of a third WR...
I was about to take Cole Van Lanen with my last pick but he was taken off the board just a pick earlier-.-
but yeah 2nd one would be quite a nice haul, though I guess it will be far less Pats picks since BB will trade up for a player he likes or trade away some picks for vets or future picks, it would surprise me if BB really takes 10 players in the draft

I'm fine with most of the picks esp Horn, Value of Jones in second, St.Brown, Fehoko, Brown and Van Lanen. But why two more WR? We would have Agholor,Bourne,Meyers, Edelman who are locked imo, and Harry Fehoko, Gunner(ST),Collins,Rodgers,St. Brown...i'd gotta admit i'd rather use two of the WR picks for next year draft capital or trade up in the second for DE/LB like idk who was available but maybe Turner,Oweh,Cox idk just guessing. I can see at least 3/4 potential starters which would be a very good draft esp at the positions CB QB WR DT and OT depth

Two CB's in the top 100. @captain stone what are your thoughts about that? :D
I always get carried with these things. Normally if I was in a room I'd be advocating for trading into next year. It why I don't like mocks or sims, they're fun but not realistic at all.

I was about to take Cole Van Lanen with my last pick but he was taken off the board just a pick earlier-.-
but yeah 2nd one would be quite a nice haul, though I guess it will be far less Pats picks since BB will trade up for a player he likes or trade away some picks for vets or future picks, it would surprise me if BB really takes 10 players in the draft

Yeah it wouldn't shock me if he didn't, but he still cannot go all 2017 on us either...Bill's Worst Draft Ever, maybe by Anyone...Besides, there's Always room in the building for 10 yutes with talent & upside...It's not like we still don't have some more dead weight to unload...

Yeah it wouldn't shock me if he didn't, but he still cannot go all 2017 on us either...Bill's Worst Draft Ever, maybe by Anyone...Besides, there's Always room in the building for 10 yutes with talent & upside...It's not like we still don't have some more dead weight to unload...

Joe Pesci Hotel GIF

Just want to get the offense going coach. Lots of 13 personnel coming your way.
Waddle/NA/Moore
Wynn
Onwenu
Andrews
Shaq
Brown
Henry/Asiasi/Tremble
Smith
Pitts/Bateman/E Moore/Bourne
Harris
Cam

Screenshot_2021-03-30-04-15-22~2.png

I just did this one and really like it!

Since getting one of the big 5 QBs is a big question mark, why not double dip on the next tier? (no idea how Barmore and McNeill fell lol)

1617151973555.png

I just did this one and really like it!

Since getting one of the big 5 QBs is a big question mark, why not double dip on the next tier? (no idea how Barmore and McNeill fell lol)

View attachment 31785
I like Phillips but his injury concerns are to high that i would pick him at 15. In a trade down to twenty something yes but i'd prefer paye here.
The rest I can like except Paris Ford, he is an player we need to pass imo.

I like Phillips but his injury concerns are to high that i would pick him at 15. In a trade down to twenty something yes but i'd prefer paye here.
The rest I can like except Paris Ford, he is an player we need to pass imo.

I kind of chuckled when I grabbed Trask and then saw Mills, I actually don't think that would be all that crazy when you think about it.. Bring in 2 young prospects that don't have the pressure of having to start and can learn behind Cam while competing for the backup job.. then next season, it would be an intense QB competition and winner gets the starting job, loser is a backup (or possibly traded)

2 shots at finding your QB gem, and the other picks fortify the defensive front. Wasn't aware of the injury concerns with Philips, I keep seeing him go high in mocks and seems like hes a very dynamic edge defender that we're lacking

Herbert seems like he could be a James White Jr and develop behind a nice group of backs

Frank Darby seems like a slightly larger version of Edelman, tough and fearless in the middle of the field.. would be a great WR to develop into the slot role once Edelman moves on

Jaelon Darden is a boom/bust pick with very low risk in the later rounds.. has blazing speed, could give us that Tyreek Hill element (not saying he would be as good as Hill, just that exploside, vertical element and gadgets like screens, reverses, etc). Why not take a late round flyer on a high ceiling prospect like that

Same thing with Tamorrion Terry, has the skills to be an outside WR but hes a development project

If we can't get one of the big WRs in early rounds, id just get development projects and look to FA/Trades to fill remaining needs this year

As far as Paris Ford, since he was more middle/late round pick, I just like the potential upside he has as a very aggressive, physical safety that plays with a reckless abandon. Big knock on him is that he's so physical that he gets bad angles sometimes or doesn't have enough control in his tackling (Brandon Meriweather comes to mind). Seems like he could also be a special teams demon with his physicality, but im not in love with him

The other safety I like in the mid to late rounds is Tyree Gillespie

New England Patriots
    Justin Fields
    QB, Ohio State
  • 46.​

New England Patriots
    Tommy Togiai
    IDL, Ohio State
  • 96.​

New England Patriots
    Robert Hainsey
    OT, Notre Dame
  • 120.​

New England Patriots
    Hamilcar Rashed Jr.
    EDGE, Oregon State
  • 122.​

New England Patriots
    Dylan Moses
    LB, Alabama

• 139.​

New England Patriots
    Dez Fitzpatrick
    WR, Louisville
  • 177.​

New England Patriots
    Reed Blankenship
    S, Middle Tennessee
  • 188.​

New England Patriots
    Elerson Smith
    EDGE, Northern Iowa
  • 197.​

New England Patriots
    Cornell Powell
    WR, Clemson
  • 242.​

New England Patriots
    Thomas Graham Jr.

CB, Oregon

• I did the Draft Network. I was shocked the Fields fell to 15, so I snapped him up. I took Togiai probably too early, but based on his 225x40 yesterday, I felt he would move up. I took Hainsey as best available OT, Rashed because of the cool first name, Moses because of his ability to play multiple positions and Bill having good intel from Saban. I think Blankenship was a 2x captain, and we know how Bill loves the captains. The rest I did BPA on positions of need.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back