PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 Mock Drafts

I kind of chuckled when I grabbed Trask and then saw Mills, I actually don't think that would be all that crazy when you think about it.. Bring in 2 young prospects that don't have the pressure of having to start and can learn behind Cam while competing for the backup job.. then next season, it would be an intense QB competition and winner gets the starting job, loser is a backup (or possibly traded)
The thing is will we keep 3 qb at the roster? Are two mid round picks of those qb more worth with using the first pick to trade up a little for let's say idk maybe a waddle/parsons type of player? Idk. I can completely understand you. Value is good there imo and if one can be a starter it'd be insane good pick. The thing is with don't pressure to start. If newton plays like the last games, do we really want to keep him playing in that scenario? I hope not, of course I hope he gets better. Great guy, hope he can be legit starter again.
2 shots at finding your QB gem, and the other picks fortify the defensive front. Wasn't aware of the injury concerns with Philips, I keep seeing him go high in mocks and seems like hes a very dynamic edge defender that we're lacking
Agree, Phillips is a great player but too much risk to me..i think Paye is the better risk/reward pick here...but could be wrong easy
Herbert seems like he could be a James White Jr and develop behind a nice group of backs

Frank Darby seems like a slightly larger version of Edelman, tough and fearless in the middle of the field.. would be a great WR to develop into the slot role once Edelman moves on

Jaelon Darden is a boom/bust pick with very low risk in the later rounds.. has blazing speed, could give us that Tyreek Hill element (not saying he would be as good as Hill, just that exploside, vertical element and gadgets like screens, reverses, etc). Why not take a late round flyer on a high ceiling prospect like that

Same thing with Tamorrion Terry, has the skills to be an outside WR but hes a development project

If we can't get one of the big WRs in early rounds, id just get development projects and look to FA/Trades to fill remaining needs this year
I'd like to take at least 2 shots at WR as well if we keep our picks
As far as Paris Ford, since he was more middle/late round pick, I just like the potential upside he has as a very aggressive, physical safety that plays with a reckless abandon. Big knock on him is that he's so physical that he gets bad angles sometimes or doesn't have enough control in his tackling (Brandon Meriweather comes to mind). Seems like he could also be a special teams demon with his physicality, but im not in love with him

The other safety I like in the mid to late rounds is Tyree Gillespie
Ford had a really bad pro day. He got to be athletic and speedy at least for my taste...Gillespie would be nicer for me but i liked ford before the pro day either but the testing was not pretty...

I still think these are way too easy to manipulate, but here we are. Fun to dream. :)

Two separate scenarios: trade up for a QB vs trading down and consolidating in the middle rounds. I got lazy and overlapped way too many players, but I'd be fairly happy with either result.

1617293446718.png

1617293475426.png

Looks familiar!

• NE

Mac Jones
    QB Alabama

• NE

Elijah Moore
    WR Mississippi

• NE

Carlos Basham Jr.
    EDGE Wake Forest
    trade icon
  • NE

Jamin Davis
    LB Kentucky

• NE

Ambry Thomas
    CB Michigan

• NE

Derrick Barnes
    LB Purdue

• NE

Jaret Patterson
    RB Buffalo

• NE

Simi Fehoko
    WR Stanford

• NE

Brenden Jaimes
    OT Nebraska

I still think these are way too easy to manipulate, but here we are. Fun to dream. :)

Two separate scenarios: trade up for a QB vs trading down and consolidating in the middle rounds. I got lazy and overlapped way too many players, but I'd be fairly happy with either result.

View attachment 31863

View attachment 31864

Give away next year's 1st to Fluck Fo & Booby Jr? Never...NEVER.

As for the other one, #59 is WAY too early for Spencer Brown...

NO ****ING RUNNING BACKS!

AND NO ****ING SAFETIES!!

Give away next year's 1st to Fluck Fo & Booby Jr? Never...NEVER.

As for the other one, #59 is WAY too early for Spencer Brown...

NO ****ING RUNNING BACKS!

AND NO ****ING SAFETIES!!

I am a huge Spencer brown fan, but given all his technical difficulties, I agree 59 is way too early for the kid. His tape says day 3 at the earliest!

not a lot of hype on any safeties thus far this year. But bb is always on the prowl for DB’s!

I think we need at least 1 CB, and would not mind a safety, gotta get another young prospect there I think.

Looks familiar!

• NE

Mac Jones
    QB Alabama

• NE

Elijah Moore
    WR Mississippi

• NE

Carlos Basham Jr.
    EDGE Wake Forest
    trade icon
  • NE

Jamin Davis
    LB Kentucky

• NE

Ambry Thomas
    CB Michigan

• NE

Derrick Barnes
    LB Purdue

• NE

Jaret Patterson
    RB Buffalo

• NE

Simi Fehoko
    WR Stanford

• NE

Brenden Jaimes
    OT Nebraska

I really like the first 5 picks & the 8th...Instead of another LB & a RB however, I would be looking for the best available OLman and/or DT at 177 & 188...

I really like the first 5 picks & the 8th...Instead of another LB & a RB however, I would be looking for the best available OLman and/or DT at 177 & 188...

Sounds good to me! haha. Outside of the top of the draft I really don't have an idea who's good. This is the most attention I've paid to the pre-draft process. I am having a ton of fun doing these mock draft sims though, learning more names and watching tape on guys that I probably wouldn't have seen.

19D3F229-AA1A-4EF3-A277-5477046EECC5.png
Traded up ahead of time to the 7th spot, hoping for whoever drops between Fields and Lance. Happy with the result.

Javonte Williams was too good to pass up, could end up the best RB on the team in short order, plus they might not pick up Michel’s option of $4.5m next season for all we know, so he’s our Burkhead replacement and possible Michel replacement beyond this season. Williams’ player comparison? Nick Chubb. Sign me up!

PFF hates the Jamin Davis pick but what do they know? :) His stock seems on the way up and should theoretically be a 2nd rounder. Love him as an ILB prospect.

Had to stick with Kentucky on another defensive player who fell farther than he should in real life. I know we don’t like drafting corners around here but I would love to have a guy like Joseph fall to the 4th, are you kidding me! He and Davis both have been getting first round buzz lately so those are two steals right there.

Jones is a great value at this spot. Top 10 among edge rushers I think. Couldn’t resist.

The rest of the way I took a flyer in two receivers, one outside guy and one slot. Both seem like fits for this offense. I realize that I neglected the offensive line entirely, which sucks, but I couldn’t resist the values available with my first four picks and after that I just really didn’t like the OL choices available. Traded the 6th and 7th round picks for a 4th next year just to get the draft over with.

Looking back on it I maybe could’ve skipped one of the Kentucky guys for an OT but otherwise pretty happy with it. If we got Trey Lance and Javonte Williams I would be ecstatic.

Last edited:
Path to waddle.

1.) Jacksonville - qb Lawrence clemson
2.) Jets - qb Wilson byu
3.) San Fran - qb Jones Alabama
4.) Atlanta - qb lance North Dakota state
5.) Trade Carolina - qb fields Ohio state
6.) Miami - wr d smith
7.) Detroit - lb parsons pen state
8.) trade bengals - ot Sewell oregon
9.) Denver - ot slater northwestern
10.) Dallas - cb surtain Alabama
11.) giants - wr chase lsu
12.) Philly - te Pitt’s florida
13.) chargers - cb horn South Carolina
14.) Vikings - ot/og Vera Rucker usc
15.) patriots - wr waddle Alabama

A trifecta of mocks to start the week, now that the pro day schedule's winding down...

First up is from The Draft Network, with no trades, using their Predictive board (I find it more realistic):

• 15.​

New_England_Patriots_logo.svg.png

New England Patriots
    Kyle Pitts
    TE, Florida
  • 46.​

New England Patriots
    Gregory Rousseau
    EDGE, Miami
  • 96.​

New England Patriots
    Alim McNeill
    IDL, NC State
  • 120.​

New England Patriots
    Aaron Banks
    IOL, Notre Dame
  • 122.​

New England Patriots
    Ambry Thomas
    CB, Michigan

• 139.​

New England Patriots
    Walker Little
    OT, Stanford
  • 177.​

New England Patriots
    Simi Fehoko
    WR, Stanford
  • 188.​

New England Patriots
    Divine Deablo
    S, Virginia Tech
  • 197.​

New England Patriots
    Chris Rumph II
    EDGE, Duke

• 242.​

New England Patriots
    Dax Milne
    WR, BYU

Just as I was mentioning how more realistic TDN's predictive board was than their overall rankings...The first two picks in this particular mock are totally unrealistic; but they were there, so...Thank you very much.

McNeill likely goes earlier too; but I think the bloom might be just slightly off his rose now after his pro day...

I thought Aaron Banks was the BPA left on the OL at 120/122, including his teammate Ron Hainsey; one reason being that, even at his size, he still might have enough movement/explosion skills to stick on the Left side, possibly even as a LT candidate...

We need a young boundary CB for the pipeline, and Thomas has a chance to be a really good one...He opted-out last season, so he's more of a mystery, but that's why he's still available at 120/122...His athletic skills are still impressive after the year away; and while he's not as big as Adebo & some others, he's big enough...

A bit surprised that Walker Little is still available at #139; but the dude hasn't played in a couple of years, and it's not like he Spencer Brown'ed his pro day either...But I like him here more than the available WRs here, slightly more than Simi Fehoko...Though in retrospect maybe I should've taken a chance on the superior athleticism of T&A&M's Dan Moore...

Simi Fehoko was my BPA at WR whom I'll gladly take at 177...He & Pitts have the potential to make Safeties soil themselves...

Before it's asked why did I take a Safety at 188, the answer is because I'm converting the Divine Devil full-time to Weak-Side LB...After their respective pro days, he's jumped ahead of Garret Wallow & Justin Hilliard as my favorite mid-Day 3 prospect at that position...

Chris Rumph's an interesting kid...He played close to the LOS at 235 lbs, but there's no way he can play that position in the NFL at that weight; so he shows up on his pro day at 244...Still think his best position is farther off the line & closer to the flat as a KVN/Jamie Collins understudy; unfortunately he didn't perform any running drills at Duke's pro day, and he rarely if ever dropped into coverage there, so this is more a leap of faith that a team captain & coach's son can take his instincts & (presumed) athleticism to a place where he can possibly earn a better living than as an undersized, single-blocked Designated Pass Rusher...

Dax Milne to to add end-of-draft competition to the Slot role with enough long speed to consider giving him some reps outside too...

Unfortunately for me, I believe that there's a very, Very good chance that every single one of these players will be drafted before they arrive at the slots where I drafted them...But one can dream...

Last edited:
Next up is from PFN, which does allow trades:

• NE

Mac Jones
    QB Alabama

• NE

Elijah Moore
    WR Mississippi
    trade icon
  • NE

Elerson Smith
    EDGE Northern Iowa
    trade icon
  • NE

Ambry Thomas
    CB Michigan

• NE

Aaron Banks
    OG Notre Dame

• NE

Garret Wallow
    LB TCU
    trade icon
  • NE

Milton Williams
    DT Louisiana Tech

• NE

Jimmy Morrissey
    OC Pittsburgh
    trade icon
  • NE

Simi Fehoko
    WR Stanford

• NE

Khyiris Tonga
    DT BYU
    trade icon
  • 2022 LAR 5th
  • 2022 BAL 5th
  • 2022 ARI 6th

The first four picks were QBs, so I started my trade-up attempts with Detroit at #7, but to no avail...PFN's trade machine can be real tough if you're the caller instead of the one taking calls...Fortunately Carolina chose Penei Sewell at #8 but Denver wasn't buying what I was selling...thankfully they took (another!) first-round WR...I didn't make another call until Whale Vagina at 13 in case Minnesota was thinking Kirk Cousins replacement, but again no dice...Fortunately again the Vikings took Alijah Vera-Tucker...Hello Mac Jones...

I still wanted 4 top-100 picks, so now that I settled the QB question for this draft I traded #46 for 58 & 88 and still found one of my favorite late 2nd/early 3rd-round WRs in Elijah Moore...He's kinda small, but he's not as small as some others in this range, and he's both Fast And Quick, so he can potentially help both inside and outside...

In this particular mock, Elerson Smith was already the BPA at DE for me, no thanks to a huge run on them during the 3rd round...So even though this is significantly earlier than I thought I could wait before taking him, I felt that I wanted more juice from the position in addition to Matt Judon & Wino so badly that it was worth the over-draft...

I would've taken the Divine Devil instead of Wallow as my WLB in training at 150, but he was listed as a Safety and I forgot to look there before I turned in the pick...

I gambled - and won - that Milton Williams would still be available at 177...In reality, he's more likely to be taken 100! picks earlier than this...

I drafted G/T Aaron Banks (again) earlier, so now's the time to take the best C/G available at 189 in Pitt's Jimmy Morrissey before they're all gone while hoping that Simi Fehoko will still be on the board 8 picks later...which he was...so Thank you very much.

Milton Williams was a fortunate find, but the DT position still needs a Beef Curtain...May I present, to end the draft, at #233, BYU's Khyiris Tonga.

I also managed to acquire, among the trades above, 2 Fifth-round picks and 1 Sixth-round pick, all for 2022...You're welcome.

Last edited:
Final one, from PFF (with trades), Positional Value & Needs-Based settings to 7/10, because Needs and Positions do matter...Randomness untouched at 5/10 (don't even know what that means)...PFF vs Public rankings set at 3/10 to allow for more varied opinion...

1617652849870.png

The fourth QB wasn't taken until Carolina at #8, so I was able to talk turkey with Horse-Mouth & the Donkeys for #9...And that was accomplished from the #18 position, thanks to two small trade-downs before the draft to (re-)acquire a couple of 2022 assets...

I still wanted four top-100 picks, so I traded #46 to da Bears for 52 & 83, and still was able to choose the same player I would've drafted at 46: the dynamic Dyami Brown...

#83 is much more likely Milton Williams' range than it was in the previous mock...He's not a Beef Curtain, but that athleticism at his size is just too impressive to ignore...McNeill & Nixon were already gone, and Bobby Brown & Tyler Shelvin are more 4th-round guys to me now; so...Besides, I have somebody else in mind later-on for the beef curtain...

I felt that at #96 LB Jamin Davis was one of if not the BPA regardless of position...Our Weak-side coverage LB in training...

You always need to draft at least one OLmen every year, and UNI LT Spencer Brown absolutely Destroyed his pro day...He's now considered a 3rd-round prospect, so having him available at 120 is an opportunity I simply could not bypass...

I feel the same about Kelvin Joseph as I did about his Kentucky teammate Jamin Davis: at #145 he's one of if not the BPA regardless, and a most welcome addition to the CB pipeline...

Four DEs were taken between 145 & 170, so I decided to take Simi Fehoko here while deciding which among the remaining ones I want...

I decided to go with the size, reach & athleticism of Janarius Robinson ahead of the production of Patrick Jones & Chauncey Golston...At 177 I felt that it's worth the risk here...

And what I thought was my last pick of the draft, at #200: our new Beef Curtain, BYU DT Khyiris Tonga...But wait...Because of the earlier trading, I wound up with 9 total picks this year instead of the original 10...However I notice that Grambling G/C David Moore is still available, and I haven't drafted another OLman besides OT Spencer Brown; so...I trade one of our two 7th-rounders next year to Chicago for 208 (da Bears had a couple of 7ths this year to spare) to cap off what has been, in the words of Ricky Bobby, a productive day...

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back