PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 Dolphins vs Patriots pre game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense to try to move Perry to the PS to make room to sign one of the PS veterans. I could see Hoyer, Folk, Ferentz, Wilkerson, Lacosse, Bryant, and Ross as realistic elevation candidates, which is a problem when you only get to elevate two guys. Maybe sign Hoyer and elevate two others.
Sign Hoyer, elevate Folk and Ross.

Just watched Damian Harris on NFLN. Really impressed with this young man. I hope he kills it on Sunday.

Hmm, didn't expect an injury after Perry wasn't even on the injury report yesterday. I'd guess it's probably worthwhile to just rule him out for three games on IR given that he's already out for one.

Hmm, didn't expect an injury after Perry wasn't even on the injury report yesterday. I'd guess it's probably worthwhile to just rule him out for three games on IR given that he's already out for one.
Tell that to the ravens who lost 2 starters for the year in practice.

I'm mainly just looking forward to seeing the Pats D-line abuse the Miami OL. Tua might be in for a rough day.
He might break again.

The hit he took in college ending his season happens all the time in the NFL.

Wishing injury on any player is wrong
Its something you see with low class fan bases. You notice you don't see it on here. Ive never seen anyone on here wish that Tua or Mahomes tore up a knee

Still waiting on news whether Dolphins tackle Austin Jackson made the trip to Foxboro.

I don't know why people think Waddle is going to take over the game. He had 3 catches for 21 yards and managed to get hurt his first pre-season game. I don't think he even played in the 3rd pre-season outing. Or if he did, he didn't have any grabs. I don't think he's ready to take over a game, even with his connection with Tua.

Tua is also still basically a rookie. I think BB does what he does with Rookies and eats him up. Mac is going to be prepped well for what Flores is going to throw at him on Defense. Mac has the better game.
DO NOT overlook Waddle! That dude is cheetah fast and quick as a whip!
During the last years at Bama and all our 1st round WR picks, Waddle was the fastest. He and Ruggs would race all the time and Waddle would win 9 of 10. Has heart too.

It looks like things are setting up for both Perry and Perkins to go on IR tomorrow. Their injuries give the Pats an opportunity to create a couple of spots on the 53 man roster.

I’m thinking that Hoyer is signed to not only be the backup on Sunday but also so his salary guarantees for the season. This will allow the Pats to possibly carry Hoyer on the PS for stretches as needed for roster management with Hoyer still getting paid as if he’s on the 53.

You’d also have to think that with the rash of injuries the Ravens have incurred this week they might have a spot on their 53 to offer Ben Mason, so the Pats might want to beat them to the punch and sign Mason to the 53 with the other spot.

Also, weekend waivers might be the best time to try to clear Quinn Nordin through to the PS if the plan is to go with Nick Folk while Nordin develops on the PS.

With Agholor and Mills hobbled with ankle injuries, the Pats might call up Wilkerson and Bryant from the PS to the 48 man game roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes