PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 Dolphins vs Patriots pre game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So happy the game is not being televised nationally...I don't like it when CBS takes its sweet time with an overtime game from the early window...

I love 10AM games on Sunday Ticket!

So happy the game is not being televised nationally...I don't like it when CBS takes its sweet time with an overtime game from the early window...

I love 10AM games on Sunday Ticket!
But this game is in the later slot

(I should know better then to start a other "have to have the last word" post tete a tete with Andy Johnson, but here we go...)

So the new defenders don't have to disprove the reality that the Patriots' run defense last year was gashed by this same team (the offensive strategy employed by the Dolphins was successful)? They can just state "look at the names we have now!"?

I used actual past statistics that until the ball is put in play this year is the last useful data available. Your counter-inference that the run defense is "fixed" due to different players has no data with which to actually compare and cannot be proven or disproven at this time - it remains (just like my post) supposition.

Neither your prediction nor mine can be either right or wrong until such time as the game takes place because that is all either claim is - a GUESS at what might happen.
You are correct of course and you're better off avoiding arguments with Taliban Johnson. He's a troll that thrives on creating conflicts.

How do we feel about the rookie kicker? Points will be at a premium this Sunday. Both defenses will be dominating. Bet the under.

Evidently Stephenson's thumb isn't much of an issue, since it wasn't worth a mention on the injury report. Really good that JJones wasn't mentioned either.
Mills is the one that catches my eye. Could be down to JoeJuan.

How do we feel about the rookie kicker? Points will be at a premium this Sunday. Both defenses will be dominating. Bet the under.
willem dafoe smile GIF

But this game is in the later slot
Yup. Was saying that I love 10AM games because CBS cannot cut into the game late when televising a game nationally.

There are times karma just loves kicking me in the face when I'm a wise-ass.

Trying to stand on a point that we haven't seen the WRs in the Patriots overall offense to judge the WRs and now it looks like Agholor's likely out for game one (very rare a player misses Thur plays Sunday...happens, but not often).

Grooz-frabah!!!!

I say Pats go off for 200+ yards on the ground just like last year in week 1.

Getting everyone ready for Friday:

Wait this means Agholor and mills didn’t practice again today? they already know that? Or he’s saying those were yesterday’s notes?

Makes sense to try to move Perry to the PS to make room to sign one of the PS veterans. I could see Hoyer, Folk, Ferentz, Wilkerson, Lacosse, Bryant, and Ross as realistic elevation candidates, which is a problem when you only get to elevate two guys. Maybe sign Hoyer and elevate two others.

Edit: Knew I forgot somebody. Rapoport's report that the Ben Mason was signing to the practice squad said "quick elevation likely" for him. We know the corresponding move there would be Johnson, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back