PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 Super Bowl Game Pre-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will score over 34. And chances are we will control time of possession.
We?

What number are you so I can watch you play. Are you Mahomes? Shouldnt you be in meetings?

Free ride? It's not as if we had it easy last year. You do realize we were down 24-0 to Houston? And 20-10 against an amazing Niners secondary. With Shanahan as coach?

Regardless, it's not Mahomes vs Brady. It's Mahomes vs Tampa D. And Brady vs Chiefs D. I have no doubt Brady will make plays and get a few TD's. I trust him. The rest of his team? Not so much.
NO HOF QBs or HCs

Cold hard facts..

We wont be seeing you after the game.
If the Chiefs lose, I'll be here in the discussion. If they win, same thing.

I won't be crying if they lose. Nor bragging if they win. It's just a game. Just a message board for fun banter.

Mahomes will be 26 as of next season. Losing a SB won't hurt his reputation. Just like losing won't hurt Brady's.

41-24 Chiefs.

Bucs back end doesn't match up well with our speed receivers.

We do have injuries on our line. But Mahomes ability to escape pressure and throw on the run is second to none.
Hill is the key. He has speed and jumping ability like no other WR.
I haven't seen KC that often but it seems like they run wide most of the time and don't go straight ahead unless it's a shuttle pass.
If the Bucs can keep from making mistakes they'll have a chance.

Hill is the key. He has speed and jumping ability like no other WR.
I haven't seen KC that often but it seems like they run wide most of the time and don't go straight ahead unless it's a shuttle pass.
If the Bucs can keep from making mistakes they'll have a chance.
And TB can double both Hill & Kelce. But Hardman and Watkins will get them.

There's not enough defenders to cover the speed and separation ability of all these weapons.

The Bucs D-line needs to have a 2007 SB type game. Except they need to sack Mahomes. Even if he's running, he's still dangerous.

ToP is irrelevant.

It's what you do with it that matters.

Chiefs shouldn’t be trying to dominate TOP with long drives. If they’re planning to use 12 plays to get down the field, they’re playing right into their o-line vulnerability and the physical Bucs secondary. A team that’s likely to get dominated in the running game and in pass protection is particularly reliant on the big play.

Bucs should be selling out to stop the big play.

Chiefs shouldn’t be trying to dominate TOP with long drives. If they’re planning to use 12 plays to get down the field, they’re playing right into their o-line vulnerability and the physical Bucs secondary. A team that’s likely to get dominated in the running game and in pass protection is particularly reliant on the big play.

I get what you mean. But dominating TOP will tired out the Bucs D. And leave less opportunities for Brady.

I forgot to include it should be a close game for a quarter and a bit. That is before Chiefs hit the gas button.
I respect KC. Lord knows they’re explosive, but I think many people are severely underestimating TB & overrating KC. This isn’t 2018 KC. TB has a real defense. TB also scored more points than KC this season without being fully in sync. You guys only won by 3 points with Hill exploding for 270 yards, TB missing Vea/Dean, TB not fully meshing as an offense etc etc...I know KC didn’t exactly play their best football during that week 12 matchup either, but TB is a formidable opponent with Brady at the head of the snake with weapons at the helm. Most clutch QB in the history of the sport. This will be a game!

Last edited:

There's not enough defenders to cover the speed and separation ability of all these weapons.

The Bucs D-line needs to have a 2007 SB type game. Except they need to sack Mahomes. Even if he's running, he's still dangerous.

They need to pressure with 4 or possibly even 3...and then contain Mahomes instead of an overly aggressive blitz. Players have referenced this in practice.

That would allow them to play more nickel and dime.

Exactly.

In 630 dropbacks Fisher allowed just 3 sacks and finished with the fewest hurries allowed in his career.

I think fans are overlooking how massive of a loss he is.

That TB pass rush is no joke.

By the way, considering how impossible KC is to defend, which of the two teams today scored more points this season?

We do have injuries on our line. But Mahomes ability to escape pressure and throw on the run is second to none.
Another thing that I noticed is that Mahomes isn't all that accurate when he's on the run and he's not threading the needle all that much. Most of his passes in that situation are to wide open receivers because of a breakdown in the defense.

If I were a Chiefs fan I'd be worried about Suh. He's a real nasty guy and could take a shot at Mahomes if he gets a chance. He's a bit long in the tooth now though so that may not be as much of a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST