PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 season prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many believe the Pats D will carry the day, and although I hope that's true, I suspect the loss of so much experience will create communication issues similar to what happened when Gilly first got here but worse. Defense allowed 32 ppg the first 4 games before settling down. Special teams will take a step back with loss of key personnel and 1st time coaches. Brian will sh!t the bed as 1st time safeties coach. OL coaches are 1st time as well. There are a lot of 1st time coaches on both sides of the ball this year. Anyway, its just my opinion. Can't wait to see them prove me wrong.

Yep...And if we can't secure a two-score lead during the 2nd half, then Miami will continue to run the ball at our lighter-than-ever defense until we have to commit more bodies closer to the LOS, then...

Best case 11-5, worst 9-7.

Wins: 5 in the division + wins against Arizona, Vegas, Rams, Chargers, Broncos and Houston.

10-6, AFC East Champs, 3 seed
Play the Colts - Wild Card Weekend and destroy them with a power running attack.
Lose at Baltimore - Divisional Round
Tampa Bay beats Ravens in Super Bowl
I have mixed emotions over Tom Brady winning his 7th ring.

Still sticking to 8, maybe 9. I'm leaning more towards 8; without Hightower and a decent WR behind an aging Edelman, getting 8 wins is still impressive. If our running game underwhelms and Cam doesn't hold up, it's gonna be a rough year.

1. Kansas City
2. Pittsburgh
3. Tennessee
4. New England
5. Baltimore
6. Houston
7. Indianapolis

Pittsburgh over Indy
Baltimore over NE
Tennessee over Houston

Baltimore over Kansas City
Pittsburgh over Tennessee

Baltimore over Pittsburgh

1. Tampa Bay
2. Seattle
3. Minnesota
4. Dallas
5. New Orleans
6. San Francisco
7. Green Bay

Seattle over Green Bay
San Francisco over Minnesota
New Orleans over Dallas

Tampa Bay over San Francisco
Seattle over New Orleans

Tampa Bay over Seattle

Super Bowl: Tampa Bay over Baltimore

1. Kansas City
2. Pittsburgh
3. Tennessee
4. New England
5. Baltimore
6. Houston
7. Indianapolis

Pittsburgh over Indy
Baltimore over NE
Tennessee over Houston

Baltimore over Kansas City
Pittsburgh over Tennessee

Baltimore over Pittsburgh

1. Tampa Bay
2. Seattle
3. Minnesota
4. Dallas
5. New Orleans
6. San Francisco
7. Green Bay

Seattle over Green Bay
San Francisco over Minnesota
New Orleans over Dallas

Tampa Bay over San Francisco
Seattle over New Orleans

Tampa Bay over Seattle

Super Bowl: Tampa Bay over Baltimore

Pittsburgh the 2 seed and Buffalo not even in the playoffs? Idk about that one.

10-6, AFC East Champs, 3 seed
Play the Colts - Wild Card Weekend and destroy them with a power running attack.
Lose at Baltimore - Divisional Round
Tampa Bay beats Ravens in Super Bowl
I have mixed emotions over Tom Brady winning his 7th ring.

I hate the Ratbirds. No mixed emotions at all for me if that is the result.

Pittsburgh the 2 seed and Buffalo not even in the playoffs? Idk about that one.

Buffalo is really a lock though? Let’s just say that Baltimore, New England, Houston, and KC win the divisions like last year. That leaves Tennessee, Houston, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, San Diego, and Buffalo for three wild cards. Buffalo is just above 50% to make postseason in betting markets.

I’m bearish on them and expect a big step back this year when Josh Allen’s liabilities start to causes losses...I think they’ll be a lot like the 2019 Chicago Bears.

Last edited:
Buffalo is really a lock though? Let’s just say that Baltimore, New England, Houston, and KC win the divisions like last year. That leaves Houston, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, San Diego, and Buffalo for three wild cards. Buffalo is just above 50% to make postseason in betting markets.

I’m bearish on them and expect a big step back this year when Josh Allen’s liabilities start to causes losses...I think they’ll be a lot like the 2019 Chicago Bears.
I just don't see three (3) teams from AFCS making the playoffs.

I don’t have the energy to do the whole darn NFL, but as far as AFC East goes...

Bills 12-4 (sleeper super bowl team)
Pats 10-6 (too many people writing off)
Dolphins 7-9 (better than most think)
Jets 5-11 (suck)

I’m curious about what makes you think the bills are a better team than the patriots.
They don’t have a better defense.
They don’t have a better qb
They don’t have a better ol/running game.
They don’t have a better coach.

What are you basing your assessment on?

Did you actually watch Buffalo last year?

Their defense was every bit as good (at least in the second half of the season), and they GAINED more talent in the offseason.

Quinton Jefferson, Mario Addison, Vernon Butler, Daryl Williams, Norman, Diggs, plus their draft picks ...

They also didn’t have 10 Players Covid-out.

Buffalo is stacked and got better. You’re living in a dream world if you can’t see that.

I would not be surprised at all if Buffalo swept Bill for the first time since he’s been here.

I'm staying with my pre-Cam projection of 8-8. I don't see Cam adding that much more given the mediocre WR/TE weapons

THIS.

People being so high on Cam is utterly confusing.

It's the Ravens season. That team is stacked. They let them play D in the playoffs and the Chefs lose. Sad times indeed. Murderer worshipers triumph...

I agree.

Ravens are another stacked team.

Did you actually watch Buffalo last year?

Their defense was every bit as good (at least in the second half of the season), and they GAINED more talent in the offseason.

Quinton Jefferson, Mario Addison, Vernon Butler, Daryl Williams, Norman, Diggs, plus their draft picks ...

They also didn’t have 10 Players Covid-out.

Buffalo is stacked and got better. You’re living in a dream world if you can’t see that.

I would not be surprised at all if Buffalo swept Bill for the first time since he’s been here.
We will see

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes