• Richard Seymour

Votes: 47 77.0%
  • Mike Vrabel

Votes: 9 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the 3, Seymour is most deserving in my opinion. Vrabel will eventually get in.

Parcells is already in the Pro Football HOF and the Giants Ring of Honor. He'll have to be satisfied with eventually being selected to the Jets, Cowboys and Dolphins team HOF/Ring of Honor.

I can't see how Vrabel and Parcells get in before Julius Adams. Adams was the 3rd best defensive player in New England history until McGinest (Haynes and Tippett).

Parcels was shopping his services instead of preparing the Pats for the Super Bowl. He should NEVER go into the Pats HOF.

Kraft should not have taken the draft away from Parcells. Thats Jerry Jones and Danny Snyder type meddling. Not getting along? Fine, agree that Tuna steps away after the season. Case closed.

Tuna went to the Jets and basically trained Bryon Cox. Otis Smith, Roman Phifer, Bobby Hamilton for the Pats 2001 Super Bowl run. Curtis Martin got no rings out of the deal and would have been set up in NE with Tom Brady.

The Pats got draft picks from the Jets for Parcells and stole BB away from Parcells. Kraft won the lottery for the cost of Curtis Martin.

Weis and RAC came to NE because of Parcells. And, Tuna signed Adam V in 1996 the GOAT.

I guess were all just going to understate the importance the credibility Parcell brought to the Pat's.

Let alone the fact that he was responsible for a solid handful of the most important players of that first dynasty.

He belongs.
His contribution warrants induction.

Not before astronomically more deserving people.

Maybe in 2037...

im OK with all 3 and loved them all when they were here, i had a vrable and seymour jersey, sorry parcellls, someone will have to give you grocery bags while you shop (and wait your turn)

Would be nice to see Seymour get in. I remember during the whole fiasco where he didn't report, they were going to send letters, etc. and we eventually learned it was because he was "blindsided" and was trying to get his family in order first:

Seymour 'I was blindsided'

Definitely hoping he finally gets in.
Nothing wrong with Sey but Adams not being in continues to be a decades long disgrace.

Fairbanks, Francis and Tatupu deserve induction ahead of Tuna.

I do recognize his important, very real and very good contributions to the team.

However, nominating him ahead of those ignored from the 70's is more insulting to my intelligence than the endless barrage of insults he unleashed to the media in his time in Foxborough.

Parcells should never get in. No matter what was done to him, he owed it to the players, his team, to be fully focused on the Super Bowl. Wasn't Belichick angry at Parcells for this, too?

It's got to be Seymour.

1. Seymour
2. Vrabel
3. Parcells

Like someone else said, Seymour was terrific, but was never among my favorite Pats players. Still, he was a tremendous talent that did huge things for us and he deserves to be in. Vrabes will get in at some point.

I don't necessarily believe in barring Parcells from the Pats HOF, but he's going to be behind a lot of other deserving people (including current Pats like Jules, McCourty, etc)...that's the price for trying to **** us over in favor of the Jest.

Parcells hands down.
McDonough doesn't get the interview with Orthwein, we may be still sitting on zero titles or may even be the Stallions of St. Louis. But Billy Sullivan doesn't pony up the $25,000 franchise fee none of this happens anyway.

Parcells came here and did his thing. Was he better than Raymond Berry? Well, he didn't have any quarterbacks better than Bledsoe to put in there...
None of this happens without Tuna. He brought BB to NE.

The "if not for" argument extends forever. Ron Meyer brought Scar here. No Meyer, no Scar.

"Kraft should not have taken the draft away from Parcells. Thats Jerry Jones and Danny Snyder type meddling."

Sullivan should not have obstructed Fairbanks' decision and put Hannah and Gray on the team before the 1977 season.

"Not getting along? Fine, agree that Tuna steps away after the season. Case closed."

Not getting along? Fine, agree that Fairbanks steps away after the season. Case closed.

"Tuna went to the Jets and basically trained Bryon Cox. Otis Smith, Roman Phifer, Bobby Hamilton for the Pats 2001 Super Bowl run. Curtis Martin got no rings out of the deal and would have been set up in NE with Tom Brady."

So what a guy does when he's not even here counts toward team HOF induction?

"The Pats got draft picks from the Jets for Parcells and stole BB away from Parcells."

The Pats got four draft picks from the 49ers for Plunkett and stole Mack Herron from the CFL.

Now, I think Jim belongs in the team HOF anyway, but not for what we got for him.

But if you're measuring, those picks were Pete Brock, Tim Fox, Raymond Clayborn and Horace Ivory.

"Tuna signed Adam V in 1996 the GOAT."

Fairbanks hired Ernie Adams fresh out of college.
Parcells drafted core Super Bowl players

Law
McGinest
Johnson
Troy Brown
Fairbanks drafted these who but for Dreith/Tatum would be core Super Bowl players

(along with those mentioned above)

John Hannah
Sam Cunningham
Ray Hamilton
Darryl Stingley
Steve Nelson
Andy Johnson
Sam Hunt
Russ Francis
Rod Shoate
Steve Grogan
Mike Haynes
Doug Beaudoin
Stanley Morgan
Mosi Tatupu

Every decision Parcells made from the moment he signed with us, including bolting, taking martin and trading us Belechick is the butterfly effect that led to the ensuing 20 year dynasty.

It's hard to hold a grudge against a man who if he had stayed would have no doubted resulted in us not having bill belechick and brady and while you cant give him credit for that you certainly can see how it doesnt happen had he not left.

Parcells intended to **** the pats and Kraft but in reality his decisions led to exactly the opposite of that.
Fat Tuna deserves accolades because things worked out years after he resigned?
R U F K M ?

McDonough doesn't get the interview with Orthwein, we may be still sitting on zero titles or may even be the Stallions of St. Louis. But Billy Sullivan doesn't pony up the $25,000 franchise fee none of this happens anyway.

Parcells came here and did his thing. Was he better than Raymond Berry? Well, he didn't have any quarterbacks better than Bledsoe to put in there...

The "if not for" argument extends forever. Ron Meyer brought Scar here. No Meyer, no Scar.

"Kraft should not have taken the draft away from Parcells. Thats Jerry Jones and Danny Snyder type meddling."

Sullivan should not have obstructed Fairbanks' decision and put Hannah and Gray on the team before the 1977 season.

"Not getting along? Fine, agree that Tuna steps away after the season. Case closed."

Not getting along? Fine, agree that Fairbanks steps away after the season. Case closed.

"Tuna went to the Jets and basically trained Bryon Cox. Otis Smith, Roman Phifer, Bobby Hamilton for the Pats 2001 Super Bowl run. Curtis Martin got no rings out of the deal and would have been set up in NE with Tom Brady."

So what a guy does when he's not even here counts toward team HOF induction?

"The Pats got draft picks from the Jets for Parcells and stole BB away from Parcells."

The Pats got four draft picks from the 49ers for Plunkett and stole Mack Herron from the CFL.

Now, I think Jim belongs in the team HOF anyway, but not for what we got for him.

But if you're measuring, those picks were Pete Brock, Tim Fox, Raymond Clayborn and Horace Ivory.

"Tuna signed Adam V in 1996 the GOAT."

Fairbanks hired Ernie Adams fresh out of college.

Fairbanks drafted these who but for Dreith/Tatum would be core Super Bowl players

(along with those mentioned above)

John Hannah
Sam Cunningham
Ray Hamilton
Darryl Stingley
Steve Nelson
Andy Johnson
Sam Hunt
Russ Francis
Rod Shoate
Steve Grogan
Mike Haynes
Doug Beaudoin
Stanley Morgan
Mosi Tatupu

Yah, nice players all without rings.

Tuna players and coaches won us rings. Adam V was as money in the bank clutch as they come. The Pats were cursed losers prior to Parcells landing in NE thoroughly embarrassed by the Bears in the 85 Super Bowl. Worst ass whipping in Super Bowl history.

Pats made out 10 fold with Tuna leaving because Kraft thought his yes men knew better on draft day.

While I appreciate that Parcells put the team back on the map, he doesn't deserve to be in the Pats Hall of Fame because of his conduct before, during and shortly after the Superbowl in 1997, and then for stealing Curtis Martin. I am okay with either Vrabes or Seymour, but I think Vrabel was a more Patriots-type lunch bucket player, so he gets my vote (narrowly).

Richard Seymour

Yah, nice players all without rings.
So Dreith and Tatum were their fault
Tuna players and coaches won us rings.
Tuna disciple players and coaches won us rings.

Ron Erhardt hired Parcells to coach here the first time, when he got the name Tuna, so Ron belongs in the team HOF too.
The Pats were cursed losers prior to Parcells landing in NE
The 17 NFL teams with worse records than the Patriots would therefore be described as, "even more cursed losers"?...And, the team accomplished nothing under Parcells that they did not do better in the 70's and 80's.
thoroughly embarrassed by the Bears in the 85 Super Bowl.
Starting a mediocre, scared kid running for his life over an experienced, successful veteran who was the single reason the team was competitive that season, guaranteed a blowout loss.
Worst ass whipping in Super Bowl history.
That would be Elway. Super Bowl XXIV. 55-10.
Pats made out 10 fold with Tuna leaving
Exactly

Fat Tuna deserves accolades because things worked out years after he resigned?
R U F K M ?

Try and comprehend what I was saying a bit better than coming at me like a clown for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST