PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 NEP Draft Big Board/Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Bartch be moving up? Don't understand the love for him...
I remember saying G Davis stood when watching him these past few years. His movements. His strength & ability to make a play. Thought he always stood out against NFL prospects or borderline prospects.

Bartch is the same. Always the best guy of the field by a decent margin. I know hes D3. Love His attitude seems like he wants to make an impression. Esp in the run game. Big time attitude.
Just a smooth easy mover for someone his size. Feet dont cross much. Not many false steps. Balanced for the most part. Easy slider.

I think a lot of teams will really like Cleveland and Bartch as quick-development prospects. Guys that can give you something early on but could be legit starters by year 2-3.

Same With Jackson.

Seems like a good group.

BGC, how do you feel about the idea Volin floated of moving up to the Lions pick for Tua? Seems like it would probably cost, at a minimum, this and next year's 1st rounders and at least two 3rds this year, plus probably Edelman. That's a hefty price to pay, but I think he might be worth it. On the other hand, next year's draft is shaping up to be an exceptionally good one. Think my preferred move in the 1st is to trade back into the 2nd and pick up a 1st next year.

Then again, if Tua was to fall because of medical concerns...

Last edited:
BGC, how do you feel about the idea Volin floated of moving up to the Lions pick for Tua? Seems like it would probably cost, at a minimum, this and next year's 1st rounders and at least two 3rds this year, plus probably Edelman. That's a hefty price to pay, but I think he might be worth it. On the other hand, next year's draft is shaping up to be an exceptionally good one. Think my preferred move in the 1st is to trade back into the 2nd and pick up a 1st next year.
If we keep this draft picks, I'm not sure whether offering our entire draft this year and the first round pick next year is enough to get the #3 overall pick.

According to this Draft Value Calculator, the #3 overall pick is 2200 points. The entire 2020 Pats draft is worth 1237.3.

If we go by the rule of thumb that a pick from next year is worth a pick from this year one round lower, than the best a Pats first round pick is worth is equivalent to the first pick in the second round, which would be 580 points, which still falls short.

I think this Idea is being floated around to get the Dolphins to give up a ransom to the next pick

Was literally just watching Ridder, Purdy, Howell and Morgan. Next year's class could have 7-8 really intriguing prospects not named Lawrence or Fields. Newman is another guy who will probably ball out in that system.

I really want extra picks for next year. Even if its not a 1st.

What about ...
23 - 87 - 98 - 125- 2021 1st - Edleman for #3/35?

If we keep this draft picks, I'm not sure whether offering our entire draft this year and the first round pick next year is enough to get the #3 overall pick.

According to this Draft Value Calculator, the #3 overall pick is 2200 points. The entire 2020 Pats draft is worth 1237.3.

If we go by the rule of thumb that a pick from next year is worth a pick from this year one round lower, than the best a Pats first round pick is worth is equivalent to the first pick in the second round, which would be 580 points, which still falls short.
I think Tua being the wild card evens things out?

I think this Idea is being floated around to get the Dolphins to give up a ransom to the next pick
This is definitely on my mind as well. Washington would look nasty with Chase on that DL but I think they'd love multiple 1st. Including an extra 2021.

If I'm Miami I'm not giving up those picks.
If I'm Miami I'm looking to trade back slightly with those 1st. Get an extra 2021. Extra 2020 2nd. Build that OL with #5. Grab one of the big 4 WR, maybe another OL with 18. Try to get Winfield, Murray etc with their late 1st or trade into 2nd.

I think it's possible Tua slides. I don't know about an Aaron Rodgers or Brady Quinn slide, but it also wouldn't shock me. The medical stuff is going to play a big role in this draft. Teams can't clear players with their own medical staff like they do in a normal year, so they're taking a lot of medical things on faith. Do teams like the Dolphins and Chargers who might be looking for a QB go with Herbert or Love over Tua because of the medical issue (or even just talk themselves into liking those guys more)? If he falls to 18 or so, do the Patriots move up over the Raiders and Jaguars (and ensure the Saints can't move up over them)? That might only cost 23, 87, and next year's second or something like that. It means their next pick isn't until 98 though.

Also think the Patriots may just be willing to ride Stidham, though I think if Tua fell into their laps they'd have to pounce.

If Tua's healthy, the cost will be too much, way more than 2 NE firsts and 2 thirds. If there are health concerns and he drops down past teams that are separate for quarterback help, then I do want him.

I think it's possible Tua slides. I don't know about an Aaron Rodgers or Brady Quinn slide, but it also wouldn't shock me. The medical stuff is going to play a big role in this draft. Teams can't clear players with their own medical staff like they do in a normal year, so they're taking a lot of medical things on faith. Do teams like the Dolphins and Chargers who might be looking for a QB go with Herbert or Love over Tua because of the medical issue (or even just talk themselves into liking those guys more)? If he falls to 18 or so, do the Patriots move up over the Raiders and Jaguars (and ensure the Saints can't move up over them)? That might only cost 23, 87, and next year's second or something like that. It means their next pick isn't until 98 though.

Also think the Patriots may just be willing to ride Stidham, though I think if Tua fell into their laps they'd have to pounce.

Sure, I'm on board for 23, 87 and next year's 2nd (might as well just use another 2020 3rd). But, then I don't expect Tua to slide. If he does, I don't expect him to slide out of the top 10.

The only one of top 4 Qb's I see as being available for a reasonable trade up is Love, and that is because he isn't ready.

If Tua drops to the patriots...you POUNCE and leave Stidham in the nearest garbage bin

I can see a scenario where the teams in the top 10 are still worried about the hip and we see the phins/chargers take Herbert and Love before Tua. If Tua gets past 10 I see a trade up scenario to get him more likely than him falling to 23. Could see Indy/Pitt/Washington as teams attempting to move back into r1 to get him.

I can see a scenario where the teams in the top 10 are still worried about the hip and we see the phins/chargers take Herbert and Love before Tua. If Tua gets past 10 I see a trade up scenario to get him more likely than him falling to 23. Could see Indy/Pitt/Washington as teams attempting to move back into r1 to get him.
It would take a special GM to take Love before Tua.

It would take a special GM to take Love before Tua.

And we know there’s no shortage of special GMs out there. Look at the guy up in Chicago taking Mitch before Mahomes and Watson.

If Tua's healthy, the cost will be too much, way more than 2 NE firsts and 2 thirds. If there are health concerns and he drops down past teams that are separate for quarterback help, then I do want him.
I think the cost would be less than what we've seen before bc of the hip.

Give or take, I think two 1st, two 3rds or a 2nd/3rd. Plus Edleman or Thuney would get it done.

Also regarding Love, if he had switched places with Burrow, Tua, Fromm, Hurts, Eason, Herbert etc what would his year would have looked like?

He didn't play well, plenty of things to get on him about but that team was dead in the water before the first game. Just a cluster of what could go wrong.

Now compare that to Burrow. Burrow wasn't a new starter like a Cam or Murray. He wasn't a different like Jackson. He wasn't playing bc he wasn't good enough at the time. Grad so he could spend more time preparing and looking at film with JB. Excellent OL and weapons. Older than most of the guys he's competing against. It was the perfect storm of things going right.

Again Love didn't play well but if you switched places I think we'd be talking about Love going a lot higher. Can't ignore landing spot, coaching and opportunity for QB's. Esp for a 20-21 year old.

Don't be surprised if we hear his name. Had him on the PTP list for a while now. Co-captain. All scholar team. Big time team leader. Fav in the locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes