PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 NEP Draft Big Board/Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked for players who tested best in the drills we favor/prefer. Then slotted them by talent/projection with that in mind. * Next to a name means they tested top 5-10 at their position.

Big Board ...

2020 NEP Big Board.xlsx

I'll have most if not all my grading done tonight. You'll be able to find those here ...
Draft grades (2011-present)
DRAFT GRADES - HISTORY 2011-PRESENT.xlsx

Any questions, comments feel free to ask or shoot your shot.
Added a Top 110 vertical board to tighten it up some. Same idea. Prospects that fit our profile/type through testing, talent & projection.

All prospects high on the list.
(I had a high 2nd on Slay. Big hit with him)

Late round prospect that fits our type

Late round prospect that fits our type

Where the hell does Windsor play in this defense? He's a First Dynasty 3-4 DE, and we don't play that no more...I don't want him here in any round, late or otherwise.

[QUOTE="BaconGrundleCandy, post: 5863307, member: 37612".
DRAFT GRADES - HISTORY 2011-PRESENT.xlsx

Any questions, comments feel free to ask or shoot your shot.[/QUOTE]

There are NINE quarterbacks with 3rd round grades. Perhaps Belichick would like to see a competition for a couple of years, perhaps even drafting another in 2021. The cost isn't much.

Tyler Biadasz | Football | Wisconsin Badgers

Certainly one of the best names in the draft. And we need an upgrade to Ferentz.
Injured last year. Definitely not the year he had hoped for.

Everyone you talk to mentions his awareness and smarts 2 mins into the convo.

++ Run blocker. Has the skill set, size and attitude to be a vg run blocker in any scheme imo. Think he's diverse in that way.

+Hand/hand usage. Accurate, effective strikes.

Definitely a people mover if he wins tge leverage battle.

Others have more upside but he's been a consistent force on that OL for years. Literally front and center, moving bodies for years for one the best college RB's over the last 5 year's.

Back when Mallett looked good & Ridley came out of nowhere.

Last edited:
I thought last year's SB really summed up the QB position in a lot of ways. Sure if it helps having Mahomes but its a little deeper than that.
Part of making a throw, is wanting to make it. If you don't have the confidence, it's unlikely you're sticking that throw in there with a real shot.
Some QB's, again forget about Mahomes, plenty of other guys are willing to attempt multiple "NFL passes" a game without design & out of structure.

Jimmy, as much as I love the handsome devil. Isn't that guy. He absolutely can make those types of plays, had the arm. But it's in structure, designed stuff & limited. Probably only asking him to make 6-7 big time passes a game.

When a game is on the line some of the x&o get thrown out the window. Players make plays.

Anticipation is key when looking at a QB. Hurts absolutely improved passing the ball in almost every way. I've always been a fan but he definitely stepped up this past season.

Passing between the hashes, MOF, crossers/over I saw a few really nice reads & passes. Progressions, anticipating and hitting his correct read in stride.

Its just you don't see it often enough. He definitely could keep improving? You're just going to need to really prop up everything around him.

One of the questions I ask myself when looking at QB's is, "can this guy go win a game"? Do I have to hide him or can he step up and win the game?

I've always liked Hurts though. Hope he lands in a good spot.

Michigan's IOL was a great watch all year. Clearly the leaders on offense. All 3 will be playing on Sundays imo.

Also this is why sacks/pressure are more on QB's than OL. Dude runs into only remaining threat haha.

Thought this was interesting...

Michigan's IOL was a great watch all year. Clearly the leaders on offense. All 3 will be playing on Sundays imo.

Also this is why sacks/pressure are more on QB's than OL. Dude runs into only remaining threat haha.

Cesar Ruiz is going to make some team very, very happy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST