PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade for OBJ!!!

I haven’t looked into the salary numbers, but would Nick Foles be a possibility? (If Brady retires) We have a championship caliber defense.

The guy that just got benched for Minshew Magic? Nah, big cap number to boot.

If Tom comes back they are not paying TBridge $15m
And if Tom doesn’t come back they aren’t paying Bridgewater 20m+ on a multi-year deal, so either way, it’s probably not happening.

I'd rather save the $ for O-line and TE's and give Stidham a chance.

I would consider Vrabel part of the BB coaching tree

Any current HC who was in the NE system, whether as a coach or player, seems to have some success against Bill. Last year, Vrabel got us really good. Time for some payback, although I don't know if we have the horses to do it this time around...

Last edited:
And if Tom doesn’t come back they aren’t paying Bridgewater 20m+ on a multi-year deal, so either way, it’s probably not happening.
Tom leaves. Josh leaves. Bill signs Mariota and hires Chip Kelly as OC :p

Anyone current HC who was in the NE system, whether as a coach or player, seems to have success against Bill. Last year, Vrabel got us really good. Time for some payback, although I don't know if we have the horses to do it this time around...
We have the horses. We just need to play well

I'm hopeful Brady will be re-signed. I believe he was injured and I think he can still play well with better personnel on offense. With Edelman injured and doubled on top of it, the Pats had nothing.

If Gronk comes back, that could help sway Brady to give it another go. So much cascades down from Gronk, from pass blocking, to run blocking, to safety outlet for Brady, to opening things up for other receivers.

Mccourtys are probably gone. Devin almost retired last year, and I don't see Jason coming back without Devin, especially given JC Jackson and J Jones are pushing for more time. Hopefully JoeJuan can step up, I think Chung's effort is unquestionable but it'd be nice to have a 6'3" actual cornerback to help out on those TEs.

I'm still hopeful of another run or two. I don't think the team is that far off. Defense has potential to be pretty good again even given FA losses and Gronk and a WR could be enough. It's doable.

I'd rather save the $ for O-line and TE's and give Stidham a chance.
At least Kessler has been around most of this year now and has experience to serve as the backup. I have to wonder what a guy like Andy Dalton would cost for a year or two as well in the event Bill wants to have competition for Stidham.

At least Kessler has been around most of this year now and has experience to serve as the backup. I have to wonder what a guy like Andy Dalton would cost for a year or two as well in the event Bill wants to have competition for Stidham.

Hoyer would be a great backup with also leading the scout team...but I'm happy the Colts burned $12m on him

Thuney should be priority #1. He will be for a lot teams.
Do you think they’ll pay top of the line money for 2 guards? Not saying he isn’t worth it, but I’ve kind of viewed Mason and Thuney as either/or. I guess they do have the luxury of Wynn being on a rookie deal and Cannon being relatively cheap for a veteran starting tackle, so they’re not spending big money there. They did pay big money to Light and Mankins at the same time before so there is precedent.

Any current HC who was in the NE system, whether as a coach or player, seems to have some success against Bill. Last year, Vrabel got us really good. Time for some payback, although I don't know if we have the horses to do it this time around...
They said it during the game, that BB’s regular season record against his former assistants was 12-11. That was before today’s loss. And it presumably doesn’t include Vrabel who would make it 12-13.
Edit: doesn’t sound right to me though, maybe I misheard... I can think of 2 losses to Saban, 2 to Mangini, 1 to McDaniels, 1 to Patricia, 1 to O’Brien, 1 to Flores. Who else? I don’t remember Romeo beating the Pats while HC with Cleveland or KC.

Last edited:
Do you think they’ll pay top of the line money for 2 guards? Not saying he isn’t worth it, but I’ve kind of viewed Mason and Thuney as either/or. I guess they do have the luxury of Wynn being on a rookie deal and Cannon being relatively cheap for a veteran starting tackle, so they’re not spending big money there. They did pay big money to Light and Mankins at the same time before so there is precedent.
Yea & Id rather pay Thuney big money than KVN for example.

The potential is there for a great OL w Wynn on the cheap (like you said)
I just think no matter who we have back there at QB we want as strong an OL as we can.

Have a feeling Mia goes after him hard to.

Last edited:
Obviously we need to lock down some wideouts if we intend to roll with Brady.

What are your hope and who is available?

This is easily the worst offense we've had under the brady years and I think its obvious we need to lock some down.

Clearly you weren't around for 2005 or 2006. And have zero understanding of why the offense had issues this year.

Yea & Id rather pay Thuney big money than KVN for example.

The potential is there for a great OL w Wynn on the cheap (like you said)
I just think no matter who we have back there at QB we want as strong an OL as we can.

Have a feeling Mia goes after him hard too.

Thuney is probably getting 15+M. It's unlikely the Patriots will fork up that type of money to keep him..

Clearly you weren't around for 2005 or 2006. And have zero understanding of why the offense had issues this year.

Someone said it earlier and I agree, this version makes the 06 version look like the 07.

This offense ****ing blows. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye