PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, Gronk is a once in a lifetime talent and BB may never find anyone even in his same zip code.

In case you have not noticed, colleges are not producing many of them types nowadays.

Fully aware. The thread is titled 2020 Free Agency doe.............

Gronk was rare --> deceptive speed, very good receiver and very good blocker..

Most TEs are one or the other, not both.

IMO - Need two TE's in the draft. Get back to 2 TE sets.

Ben Watson, Matt LaCosse, Ryan Izzo are not good options for 2020.

Agreed on Gronk..rare speed, receiving , size combo. Not referring to him. There are many TEd who can catch and are formidable blockers. Gronk was exceptional at both...not just formidable.

As you highlighted...right now we got nothing.

BB likes his receivers to be blockers, too, hence Harry/Meyers vs some burner wideout like Harding.
Are you referring to Mecole Hardman?

I can promise you that Bill Belichick wouldn’t hesitate to have that type of speed and talent on the team. Right now, we have Brandon Bolden and Mohamed Sanu returning kicks.....

As far as someone like UDFA Meyers being chosen over Hardman as a WR, I’m not even sure what to say. Meyers is too busy getting benched for either running the wrong route or dropping balls. Mecole Hardman was a 2nd round pick for a reason, and had over 500+ yards in his rookie season, where he scored 7 total touchdowns this year. We sure could use a guy like Hardman, Parris Campbell, etc. The issue is that they don’t seem to take enough shots in the early rounds of the draft with these guys.

Are you referring to Mecole Hardman?

I can promise you that Bill Belichick wouldn’t hesitate to have that type of speed and talent on the team. Right now, we have Brandon Bolden and Mohamed Sanu returning kicks.....

As far as someone like UDFA Meyers being chosen over Hardman as a WR, I’m not even sure what to say. Meyers is too busy getting benched for either running the wrong route or dropping balls. Mecole Hardman was a 2nd round pick for a reason, and had over 500+ yards in his rookie season, where he scored 7 total touchdowns this year. We sure could use a guy like Hardman, Parris Campbell, etc. The issue is that they don’t seem to take enough shots in the early rounds of the draft with these guys.

I'm in total agreement here. I believe the reason BB doesn't take shots on guys like Mecole Hardman is because he views them as one trick ponys. In Hardmans case he's just a burner or returner.. He won't be of much value in the run game consistently and may not be effective in maintaing possession. I also feel like his decision making incorporates what his QB is good at. Historically speaking, a WR with Hardmans skillset doesn't amplify Bradys strengths. So he tries to find them later in drafts/udfa or via FA/Trade. Remeber when we tried with Demps?

See where I get lost when thinking about it is why pass of Deebo Samuel or AJ Brown then who were well rounded smart route runners who can be physical.

Ron Riviera at Redskins for 5 years.

I went through the list and if we can snatch Austin hooper from the Falcons then we can likely get back to the TE production we need to run the offense to be effective.

Make it happen Bill.

I went through the list and if we can snatch Austin hooper from the Falcons then we can likely get back to the TE production we need to run the offense to be effective.

Make it happen Bill.

Isn’t he a FA

Isn’t he a FA

Yes which honestly for offense he should be priority number 2 after getting brady done.

Hooper had an amazing year and really could be a top 2 tight end in the league under the Pat's structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft