PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big decisions to make after this season... short of making a run and a competitive AFC title game/SB appearance, lots of questions for Krafty Bob and his dusty checkbook ..

Does he yearn for another year of wet disgusting kisses on Brady's cheek after wins over Cleveland and Cincinnati, or does he cut loose the guy w all the answers to the test (who couldn't beat a 4 win team at home today)....

Has has all the answers to the test but his pencil seems to have run out of lead.

For example: It may have been mentioned in the post game thread but it seems as though Miami screwed up the coverage on first down on the Patriots last drive and, according to the color guy, let Harry get open deep along the sidelines (how open we don’t know). You could see that Flores was exasperated after that play. So what does Brady do? Throw to his debilitated security blanket into triple coverage in the middle of the field. They didn’t show Harry on the play but I would love to see the All-22 on that play. To me that pretty much sums up TB12 in 2019.

I was also struck by how unemotional Brady looked on the sidelines yesterday, almost depressed. This was well before Miami took the lead with less than a minute. Not really what you want from your leader on offense.

Bridgewater isn’t that good and will be very overpaid.

Seemed ok for that stretch for NO. What's wrong with Teddy? BB likes his receivers to be blockers, too, hence Harry/Meyers vs some burner wideout like Harding. They need a TE to either block like Gronk or catch like Gronk., They have neither. If Andrews can come back they need Thunney. I
'd rather pay Thunney and draft Cannon's replacement. Chung can no longer cover TEs so if JoeJuan cannot do it then draft a hybrid safety who can shut down kelce/Andrews/etc. Then you just need a replacement for DMac.

At this point I don't know how I feel about TB. This whole "I don't throw to rookies, etc" meme is getting annoying.

Has has all the answers to the test but his pencil seems to have run out of lead.

For example: It may have been mentioned in the post game thread but it seems as though Miami screwed up the coverage on first down on the Patriots last drive and, according to the color guy, let Harry get open deep along the sidelines (how open we don’t know). You could see that Flores was exasperated after that play. So what does Brady do? Throw to his debilitated security blanket into triple coverage in the middle of the field. They didn’t show Harry on the play but I would love to see the All-22 on that play. To me that pretty much sums up TB12 in 2019.

I was also struck by how unemotional Brady looked on the sidelines yesterday, almost depressed. This was well before Miami took the lead with less than a minute. Not really what you want from your leader on offense.

I saw Brady running up and down the field, warming up, trying to get himself ready to go in and score. That's what my TV showed.

Anyone that thinks the Patriots WRs outside Edelman can get open is totally deluded.

Sanu can't even get 10 yards with a 5 yard head start. He is slower than molasses at this point.

We went cut-rate on WRs and TEs to start the year, not to mention the lack of backups on the OL.

Ahem.... TB is a FA.

SIGN THE BEAST!

Love the nickname "TBridge". He would be a bridge.

Do you think they’ll pay top of the line money for 2 guards? Not saying he isn’t worth it, but I’ve kind of viewed Mason and Thuney as either/or. I guess they do have the luxury of Wynn being on a rookie deal and Cannon being relatively cheap for a veteran starting tackle, so they’re not spending big money there. They did pay big money to Light and Mankins at the same time before so there is precedent.

I love Thuney but I think he’s gone. He is going to get offered way to much $$$. Good news is that that our anchor Andrews is coming back and Dante can develop another interior guard.

I love Thuney but I think he’s gone. He is going to get offered way to much $$$. Good news is that that our anchor Andrews is coming back and Dante can develop another interior guard.
He is gone for sure, most probably with +14M APY to the Dolphins or Lions, book it.
Good for him, he earned it, as great a Guard as you can get in the NFL.

Hope the OL guys on IR will be good to go and no busts from this years draft, but you never know...

Without clarity on Brady and his contract there is not much to discuss. Thats about 50% of the cap space right there.
Need a little clarity on his accuracy issues. Are his legs going?

Pay Thuney

How do you know Andrews is coming back?

How do you know Andrews is coming back?

I think getting a new center is a top priority. I think BB wanted Frank Ragnow a few years ago but Patricia beat us to him...we ended up getting Wynn, who's been a fine addition when healthy.

It's possible Bill pisses off Tom and he walks. It's also possible Tom spurns Kraft and Bill

If that happens TBridge is interesting
I don’t think Tom signs here if the Pats fail to upgrade the o-line and receiving core. I think he waits for that and if he doesn’t see it he goes.

I don’t think Tom signs here if the Pats fail to upgrade the o-line and receiving core. I think he waits for that and if he doesn’t see it he goes.
It's really tough to see if they both want each other... Does bb want Brady back? I think Brady is injured and partly getting old. Does he recommit himself over the summer? bring him back for one more year... Stidham is not ready

I think getting a new center is a top priority. I think BB wanted Frank Ragnow a few years ago but Patricia beat us to him...we ended up getting Wynn, who's been a fine addition when healthy.
Will Andrews ever play again?

I saw Brady running up and down the field, warming up, trying to get himself ready to go in and score. That's what my TV showed.

Anyone that thinks the Patriots WRs outside Edelman can get open is totally deluded.

Sanu can't even get 10 yards with a 5 yard head start. He is slower than molasses at this point.

We went cut-rate on WRs and TEs to start the year, not to mention the lack of backups on the OL.
I don't get why we can't do more rub routes... We got slammed yesterday from the fins with them

Honestly just need a legitimate tightend who can catch balls down the seam 3-5x a game and be a formidable blocker. That alone would do wonders for the current offense as is.

Honestly just need a legitimate tightend who can catch balls down the seam 3-5x a game and be a formidable blocker. That alone would do wonders for the current offense as is.

In case you have not noticed, colleges are not producing many of them types nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back