PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 Conference Championship weekend

This is the most pumped I have ever been for a game. I guess it took Brady coming to the NFC to finally play Brees and Rodgers in the playoffs as neither one showed up in his 9 SB appearances.
I presume that you aren't a patriot fan.

If you are a patriot fan, I truly am sorry for you. If we set up a thread of the games we were most pumped up about, MAYBE this would be in the top 100, maybe not.

Whenever the Bucs season ends (within the next couple of weeks), you guys should go through the Gronkaneers thread and you'll see parts of it will read like a typical pats thread. 458 pages for a team not named the NE Patriots...I would say there are more than a handful of people who quietly shifted to the Bucs.
We'll only know when Brady retires. But I'm pretty sure all these Tompa and Gronka threads will all disappear.

I think you need to be pumped AND jacked for tomorrow's games. I fear Tom will need to beat the cold, Packers D AND the refs. Too tall of an order. Pack wins. The NYFL must have their State Farm Bowl.

people tend to think there are two groups of people....
1. The ones that want to see Tom fail in TB
2. The ones who want to see him win a Super Bowl
There is something for those who would like to see him have a good year (which he already has) but just not win the super bowl. I can understand that
#1 is out the window. The only cluster of fans who want Brady to fail are the IBWT groupies. The Patriots Dynasty is secure... 2001-2019, 17 division titles, 13 conference championship appearances, 9 Super Bowl appearances, and 6 Super Bowl titles. It's the greatest run in NFL history. Brady winning a Super Bowl with another team will not tarnish the Dynasty. It will however tarnish Belichick's legacy, irreparably, unless he were to go on to win a Super Bowl of his own without Brady.

As for the NFCCG, Tampa Bay losing AB is going to hurt, if for no other reason then the defense has to account for him. I like Scotty Miller, as a 4th or 5th option, but he's no AB obviously. Godwin has been pretty shaky in the postseason so he needs to step up his game. Hopefully Evans is closer to 100% with the knee. And Gronk should see an increase of targets, even though he looked to be plodding around in the divisional game.

Seems likely Tampa Bay will initially lean on a similar game plan of running on early downs. Green Bay's run defense is a little softer than their pass defense. It's an obvious point but Tampa Bay needs to start faster than is their norm and ideally get up on Rodgers who's a career front runner. I really like Tampa Bay's chances if they're tied or ahead going into the 4th quarter.

You mean that Brady won't be the hero and the reason for a win?

I think you need to attack GB weakness and that is stopping the run. They are a better pass defensive team

#1 is out the window. The only cluster of fans who want Brady to fail are the IBWT groupies. The Patriots Dynasty is secure... 2001-2019, 17 division titles, 13 conference championship appearances, 9 Super Bowl appearances, and 6 Super Bowl titles. It's the greatest run in NFL history. Brady winning a Super Bowl with another team will not tarnish the Dynasty. It will however tarnish Belichick's legacy, irreparably, unless he were to go on to win a Super Bowl of his own without Brady.
No it won’t.

It will however tarnish Belichick's legacy, irreparably, unless he were to go on to win a Super Bowl of his own without Brady.
Would it tarnish Brady's legacy if he can't win one without Belichick? or are you already assuming Tampa has it in the bag this year...

This game is HUGE for Rodgers. At home. Top offense in the league. Fans will be there. Celebrated coach who has a clue. Best wide receiver since they invented the forward pass...Playing a warm weather team with an old QB in their 3rd road game in a row. The table is set. It has NEVER been this teed up for him in his career. If he can't get the job done this will crush his legacy. Other than a few people in TSP and NE the ENTIRE country is pulling for him.

How many NFL teams can win 3 road games in a row never mind facing 3 playoff caliber teams. Once every 10 years? Or less than that?

I'll be cheering for Tom but the deck is stacked against him tomorrow. It will take a perfect game with some luck in order for Tampa to pull the upset.

This game is HUGE for Rodgers. At home. Top offense in the league. Fans will be there. Celebrated coach who has a clue. Best wide receiver since they invented the forward pass...Playing a warm weather team with an old QB in their 3rd road game in a row. The table is set. It has NEVER been this teed up for him in his career. If he can't get the job done this will crush his legacy. Other than a few people in TSP and NE the ENTIRE country is pulling for him.

How many NFL teams can win 3 road games in a row never mind facing 3 playoff caliber teams. Once every 10 years? Or less than that?

I'll be cheering for Tom but the deck is stacked against him tomorrow. It will take a perfect game with some luck in order for Tampa to pull the upset.

It’s in the bag. Rodgers is super clutch and has always been held back by his teammates. This will be so easy for him. No way he’ll overthink the game and lose his confidence if things don’t go well right away.

It’s in the bag. Rodgers is super clutch and has always been held back by his teammates. This will be so easy for him. No way he’ll overthink the game and lose his confidence if things don’t go well right away.
It's his game to lose...

Would it tarnish Brady's legacy if he can't win one without Belichick? or are you already assuming Tampa has it in the bag this year...
Nah whatever happens, TB12 already had a succesful season. Luckily for us coaches can coach longer so let's hope BB gets us back

I think you need to attack GB weakness and that is stopping the run. They are a better pass defensive team

Their pass defense is overrated. They’re not the saints. Pass plays should be there for the Bucs if brady gets time.

If Brady plays 3-4 years in Tampa and never goes further than the CCG, but Belichick goes on to win another Super Bowl or 2, then yes it will tarnish Brady's legacy.

But right now, if we look at what has actually happened, it is Belichick whose legacy is starting to tarnish a little.

If Brady plays 3-4 years in Tampa and never goes further than the CCG, but Belichick goes on to win another Super Bowl or 2, then yes it will tarnish Brady's legacy.

But right now, if we look at what has actually happened, it is Belichick whose legacy is starting to tarnish a little.
No both legacies are pretty much set in stone. Unless Brady tests positive for a PED.

No both legacies are pretty much set in stone. Unless Brady tests positive for a PED.
Not true. A lot of people out there (not just in this forum) have the same Brady v. Belichick debate. And Belichick is being held in slightly-less-high esteem today than, say, 6 months ago.

People will remember it if Brady wins a Super Bowl or 2 and Belichick doesn't even win another playoff game. They will also remember if Brady fails to get past the CCG and Belichick wins a Super Bowl or two. You are foolish if you think that won't affect the way people view those guys.

Brady’s legacy is pretty much set, not that it ever was in question. But he never had to actually win a championship in Tampa; he has removed the irrational image in people’s minds of him having a nervous breakdown at midfield after failing to “dink and dunk” because defenses are no longer outsmarted by the 7D chess moves coming from the sidelines.

An NFC Championship Game appearance at age 43 (and 40 TD passes) is icing on the cake. An easy reference that pretty much stonewalls any argument that he was dependent on Belichick. Anyone who still argues Brady still isn’t worthy of #1 on their insecure QB rankings list, or insists on ThE mOsT AcCoMpLiSHeD bUt NoT tHe GReATeSt was never going to change their opinion, so a Super Bowl with Tampa would be awesome but doesn‘t win over anyone. It would be awesome, though, just because it takes the idea of him being the greatest ever by a huge margin and increases it to a gigantic margin. But it’s more of a giant middle finger to all of the “but but but Belichick and the system” idiots, which would be the best part.

Belichick doesn’t need to win a championship without Brady, either, but he needs to build a team that can win and compete. If he winds up with like total 12 seasons without Brady, a couple of playoff wins, and an overall sub-.500 record, I don’t really know what to say. He’ll be a guy who maximized the Patriots dynasty and was very much responsible for the success, but beyond that, you can’t pretend he did things that he didn’t do, despite all of the theoretical greatness that gets mixed up with facts. Hopefully he’ll make build a contender or a team where he can demonstrate his vision and coaching prowess independent of Brady.

I don't believe so, but I always felt like if one won a super bowl without the other one winning one after the split it would certainly tilt 'the debate' in their favor. Though if BB goes ahead in that regard one day its a bit unfair to Brady since BB obviously has more years left. Still would be hard to ignore though

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back