PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 College Games

I hope Ohio State gets smoked in the opening round. They do not deserve to be there at all. 6 games, no effort to make up the games they missed, an unimpressive resume, and a less-than-inspiring win in a game that the Big 10 had to change the rules for just for them to play. Disgraceful. Happy ND got in, but A&M definitely should have gotten in over Ohio State.

I hope Ohio State gets smoked in the opening round. They do not deserve to be there at all. 6 games, no effort to make up the games they missed, an unimpressive resume, and a less-than-inspiring win in a game that the Big 10 had to change the rules for just for them to play. Disgraceful. Happy ND got in, but A&M definitely should have gotten in over Ohio State.

clemson squeaked by Ohio state last year. Hopefully they do again this year, really looking forward to Clemson Alabama for all the marbles!

clemson squeaked by Ohio state last year. Hopefully they do again this year, really looking forward to Clemson Alabama for all the marbles!
Some really good ball games elsewhere:

Finally get to see Coastal/Liberty, Auburn/Northwestern, Ole Miss/Indiana, Oklahoma/Florida, TAMU/UNC

Texas a&m versus North Carolina should be a whale of a game.

Howell is an exceptional qb.

might sound crazy but they might actually have more of a chance and play closer to Bama than they did Clemson. Mac is easier to defend
They’re going to light you up. Sorry to say it, because I’m rooting for the upset. But ND is going to get outclassed from the opening whistle. Devonta Smith is as uncoverable as it gets and their OL will blow your front right off the ball. The rest of the teams in the playoff should be thankful they don’t have Waddle or else they’ll be close to unstoppable. I DO, however, think you guys will do a much better job against Harris than we did.

A&M got screwed. Point blank, bottom line. They should definitely be the ones playing Clemson. That game would have more intrigue. Their body of work is also more impressive over almost twice the amount of games Ohio State played. Unfortunately, OSU is a bigger name/draw and queefed their way in. If ever there was a year to expand this thing to 8 teams, it was this year. Then I wouldn’t have as much of a problem with them getting in as long as ND, Cincy, A&M, and Coastal all got in as well. If the Gators hadn’t choked to LSU, I’d put them in over one of Coastal or Cincy. But we lost that game and don’t deserve to be in even an 8 team playoff with 3 L’s.

Last edited:
I think the notre dame defense has never faced an offensive line as strong as Alabama’s, but without ****erson there is a hole Alabama has to fill.

and then the notre dame defense has to deal with the speed. Alabama is not only fast, but they play even faster!

however, I do not think the Alabama defense is as good as clemson’s!

in a nut shell notre dame has to score early and often to keep Alabama from running it down their throat.

Does Ohio State even have a prayer? Or is that a ML lock?

41E865A2-C6D1-4624-84C8-9E68EC8769EB.png

Someone said on the ND board Said Alabama didn’t run RPOs with tua

Did not realise the Bowl games had started , I have UCG v BYU on just now !

I got Ohio State upsetting clemson. Many people feel they don’t belong there but i feel they do. They would beat ND or a&m in a neutral field.

I got Ohio State upsetting clemson. Many people feel they don’t belong there but i feel they do. They would beat ND or a&m in a neutral field.
I’m not arguing that they don’t belong based on talent. They do. I’m arguing that their resume is unimpressive at best. 6 games played needed to be taken into account. Strength of opponent needed to be taken into account. The fact that they couldn’t give a rat’s ass about making up any of the lost games needed to be taken into account. The Big 10 being among the last conferences to play again in general needed to be taken into account. These things say that Ohio State should not have gotten in over A&M or ND in a four team playoff. But, like I said, I’d be fine with them in an 8 team playoff.

And they wouldn’t beat A&M. Fields may throw 3 INTs against that defense in that hypothetical game. ND? Probably. They just don’t have the team speed to match up. A&M does... and they’d smash Ohio State up front on both sides of the ball.

This Liberty/Coastal game...

pp,504x498-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

What a game between Liberty/Coastal...anyone on Liberty worth tracking?

Upon further research: CB Dabney, RB Mack, and RB Pickett are all seniors

Curious what Willis can do next year, if he develops as a passer like Hurts did at Oklahoma, he can be a legitimate prospect

the guy in this game that is exciting to watch is number 1 for coastal! He is playmaker, but lacks courage.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back