PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2019 Mock Drafts

I did a second one, this time with Draft Countdown because they've been around forever, and I respect them too. On the surface, it had some of the most reasonable rankings to me.

If WR was what I messed up last time, I felt like EDGE was a hard position to fill this time. I suppose Allen sort of fits that, but I was hoping to get a pure outside rusher too. Banogu went like two picks ahead of me at one point when I was going to get him.

M4atbhi.png

Quick rundown again....

Lawrence: See last draft. This is a premium talent at a premium position.

Allen: Huge fan of this guy. Has the ability to play in any front and scheme. Should start as a rookie on the strong side and do some nickel DT, replacing bits of both John Simon and Flowers.

Brown: Lucky to get him here. Basically, he's a beast after the catch, and he has very reliable hands. I'm a little disappointed in the route tree he ran at Ole Miss, but I think he will be fine at getting open. Bonus: He can play anywhere in the Pats offense. He's a good X, Z, and slot.

Scharping: I nearly took him at the prior pick, so glad to get him here. He's large and athletic. His team ran behind him and he gobbled up the opponent's RE in pass pro. Has great feet and strength on tape.

Savage: Another guy that was in my other mock. Big fan.

Knox: Best athlete at TE in the draft. His routes are buttery smooth, like a WR, reminiscent of He-who-shall-not-be-named and Jordan Reed. Actually quite tough as a blocker, and he got stronger from 2017 to 2018. I thought he finished his blocks well this year. He had some concentration drops, but this is the 3rd round and he has boatloads of talent.

Bunting: This guy leaped off the screen when I was looking around for a BPA, and I went down the CB list a little. Fantastic athlete and competitor. A premium man cover corner, in my opinion.

Homer: Been a fan of his for a long time, and I'm about to name him my fav RB sleeper. Has great suddenness and runs hard, despite his lack of weight. Probably has room on his frame for more. Some similarities to Michel in style. I nearly went with Damien Harris earlier (like 3rd round), but I felt that the Patriots want to stick with guys who have added value as receivers, and Harris looked pretty stiff to me when running routes.

Ingold: Ya, I like fullbacks.

Wingard: I've been a fan of his for a while too. Hard to evaluate him against Wyoming opponents, but I'm a fan of his coverage skills and quickness in diagnosing plays, along with flying to the football. Not spectacular but it's the 7th round. For some reason, this doesn't feel like a Patriots-type pick, but I'm kind of out of ideas here. Also considered Cameron Smith at LB.

Dungey: One of the guys I liked a long time ago, and I recently unearthed again. There are some questions still, but I love the intangibles and his ability in the short passing game. Great running ability too for a QB. I want to see more out of his deep passing game.

Summers: I got really excited when I turned on his tape. This guy is a do-everything linebacker with a good feel for the game. Pretty good straight line athleticism and power too for his size. Solid enough in coverage. Ya, we have a bunch of guys at LB that fit that description, but I also like Summers as a pass rusher (not purely, but when blitzing from LB).

Last edited:
@miloofcroton

Nice mock. Any mock with Lawrence and Allen is a winner for me. Interesting you had Bunting in your mock because I was listening to Dane Brugler today and he’s talking about him as a top 50 pick.

@miloofcroton

Nice mock. Any mock with Lawrence and Allen is a winner for me. Interesting you had Bunting in your mock because I was listening to Dane Brugler today and he’s talking about him as a top 50 pick.

Looks like Miller has him in the 2nd too.

I don't think CB is really a need though. I was just looking for BPA, and CB is one of my premium positions.

Looks like Miller has him in the 2nd too.

I don't think CB is really a need though. I was just looking for BPA, and CB is one of my premium positions.

I agree it’s not a need. At best I hope they just draft someone like Jackson or Crossen; an athletic and talented guy late round 3 or UDFA.

I agree it’s not a need. At best I hope they just draft someone like Jackson or Crossen; an athletic and talented guy late round 3 or UDFA.

I think if they miss out on a good one, they should just not take one at all. We have way too many draft picks at this point if we aren't getting exactly who we want. But ya, I'm in favor of someone that is of the Talib/Gilmore mold. A good one could contribute immediately because we have rather small corners outside of Gilmore.

Last edited:
I was frustrated with the lack of LBs in this draft. There are really only a couple true linebackers that I like at all, and they're all the highest graded guys. I wondered if I could just go all-in and get one. This resulted.

1:32 - LB Mack Wilson, Alabama
2:2 - NT Dexter Lawrence, Clemson
2:32 - EDGE Zach Allen, Boston College
3:33 - EDGE Christian Miller, Alabama
3:37 - TE Dawson Knox, Ole Miss
4:32 - OT Max Scharping, Northern Illinois
6:32 - FS Darnell Savage, Maryland
7:25 - WR Johnnie Dixon, Ohio St.
7:29 - RB Tony Pollard, Memphis
7:32 - QB Wilton Speight, Michigan
7:38 - SS De'Andre Montgomery, Miami (OH)

Acquired via (IND): 2:2
Traded Away: 2:24, 3:9

Had to make it happen via Walk the Mock - Mock Draft Tool

I think he’s a better receiver than Graham ever was but as a blocker, I see it.

Graham was a better receiver in college than he ever showed in the pros. Go watch a youtube video of Graham highlights. When I started looking at Smith I did to see if it was just the 82 making me draw the conclusion. Graham had some flashes of brilliance. Smith may or may not have a better pro career.

Latest Mock I Saw
Mock Drafts: Seven-Round Mock Draft - Fantasy Columns

Kinda love it: S Thompson, WR Ridley, DE Winovich, QB Jones, LB Joseph, TE Oliver, DT Beckner, S McIntosh, CB Brown, WR Ratliff Williams, TE Conrad, RB Higdon

Love Ridley (although a little early, Winovich will be a solid player, and I like Jones in the 3rd too...my favorite QB this year

Latest Mock I Saw
Mock Drafts: Seven-Round Mock Draft - Fantasy Columns

Kinda love it: S Thompson, WR Ridley, DE Winovich, QB Jones, LB Joseph, TE Oliver, DT Beckner, S McIntosh, CB Brown, WR Ratliff Williams, TE Conrad, RB Higdon

Love Ridley (although a little early, Winovich will be a solid player, and I like Jones in the 3rd too...my favorite QB this year
Going off of this, I'll mock:
1.32. TE Irv Smith Jr., 'Bama
2.56. WR AJ Brown, Ole Miss
2.64. WR Riley Ridley, UGA
3.73. QB Daniel Jones, Duke
3.97. DT Daniel Wise, Kansas
3.101. S Jaquon Johnson, Miami
4.134. OG Beau Benzschawel, Wisconsin
6.205. WR Miles Boykin, Notre Dame
7.239. CB Iman Marshall, USC
7.243. S Will Harris, BC
7.246. TE Donald Parnham, Stetson
7.252. WR Gary Jennings, WVU

Out of the names I listed I think the likeliest to be a Pat is Boykin, and likely taken way earlier

2.56.W
R AJ Brown, Ole Miss
7.243. S Will Harris, BC

Out of the names I listed I think the likeliest to be a Pat is Boykin, and likely taken way earlier

Love this effing Mock
I'm torn between Jones and Stidham
I assume Lock is going to Denver super early

2.56. WR AJ Brown, Ole Miss
7.243. S Will Harris, BC

I like everything about that mock outside of DT waiting until round 3. I think we need to target one earlier. I would love the two 2nd round wideouts, though. I really think Ridley is going to be a quality WR in the NFL.

On thedraftnetwork:
32 TJ Hockenson TE
56 Noah Fant TE
64 Charles Omenihu DL
73 Taylor Rapp S
97 Anthony Nelson Edge
101 Keesean Johnson WR
134 Daylon Mack DL
204 Garrett Brumfield G LSU
239 Tim Harris CB Virginia
243 John Ursua WR Hawaii
246 Phil Haynes OL Wake Forest
252 Kendall Joseph LB Clemson

Mainly posting it because I was proud of the unrealistic double dip at TE, but I like the depth on the DL. I think I’d be happy with this draft outside of a solid OT prospect, who mostly went early in this sim.

Love this effing Mock
I'm torn between Jones and Stidham
I assume Lock is going to Denver super early
Appreciate it
My favorite QBs are Jones and Stidham as well
I also suspect Lock to DEN

I like everything about that mock outside of DT waiting until round 3. I think we need to target one earlier. I would love the two 2nd round wideouts, though. I really think Ridley is going to be a quality WR in the NFL.
What about swapping out Irv Smith for Dexter Lawrence?
And agreed on Ridley, I like Brown a lot too, he's my WR1 and frankly the only WR in this class I think can be a WR1

On thedraftnetwork:
32 TJ Hockenson TE
56 Noah Fant TE

64 Charles Omenihu DL
73 Taylor Rapp S
97 Anthony Nelson Edge
101 Keesean Johnson WR
134 Daylon Mack DL
243 John Ursua WR Hawaii
If this happens, I'll donate $100 to the charity of your choice. (Not a bet, but as a show of utter gratitude for speaking such a thing into existence. :) )

On thedraftnetwork:
32 TJ Hockenson TE
56 Noah Fant TE
64 Charles Omenihu DL
73 Taylor Rapp S
97 Anthony Nelson Edge
101 Keesean Johnson WR
134 Daylon Mack DL
243 John Ursua WR Hawaii

Mainly posting it because I was proud of the unrealistic double dip at TE, but I like the depth on the DL. I think I’d be happy with this draft outside of a solid OT prospect, who mostly went early in this sim.

The TEs would be awesome. I'd be even happier to get Omenihu, Rapp, Johnson, and Haynes, though. I think they're all future starters.

Tested out a Chris Lindstrom at 32 mock on the draft network.

32 - Chris Lindstrom
56 - Deebo Samuel
64 - Jace Sternberger
73 - Zach Allen
97 - Gerald Willis
101 - Stanley Morgan Jnr
134 - Max Scharping
205 - Hunter Renfrow
239 - Jalen Hurd
243 - Ryan Finley
246 - Jonathan Ledbetter

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back