PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Training Camp Thread - Day 12 (8/13/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to most of the minutiae of pass rush I refer to you, @BaconGrundleCandy or the other nice folks from the draft board. It was just my impression based on the tv angle of the preseason game.

If he can put it all together sooner than I assumed all the better.
Appreciate that my man.

decker hasn't been good in a few years. Dudes cooked.
2 years ago was having a great start to the season before his injury shut him down for the year. Didn’t have a GREAT year for Tennessee last year, but certainly not a horrible year. Will be a very solid/productive #4 WR for the Pats. Let’s not give up on him just yet.

Darnold is the media darling because he plays for an NYC team,and was the #3 overall pick. Frankly, Bridgewater looks like the best QB on the Jete right now, and it's not even close. Darnold looked like Butt Fumble v. 2.0.

Not saying that Darnold can't get better. However, this being the Jete, I wouldn't be shocked if ownership has already decided that Darnold is their week-1 starter and that they should trade Bridgewater.
I watched the game. Darnold looked so far away from being Butt Fumble v. 2.0. Don’t let your hatred get in the way of facts. Darnold showed more promise and field awareness in his FIRST preseason game than Sanchez ever did. Kid is gonna be good, there’s no doubt in my mind. And I’ve felt that way, way before he became a Jet (watch the USC/Penn State Rose Bowl from 2 years ago).

That being said, the 4 year veteran Bridgewater did look really good, like his old self from the Minnesota days. I can see HIM winning the starting job. He’s a good QB. I prefer the Jets start the kid (Darnold), especially against us, because I think we’d have more trouble vs Bridgewater THIS YEAR, but a year or so down the road, I think Darnold will be a good QB, I ALAWAYS thought he was the best QB in the draft.

I watched the game. Darnold looked so far away from being Butt Fumble v. 2.0. Don’t let your hatred get in the way of facts. Darnold showed more promise and field awareness in his FIRST preseason game than Sanchez ever did. Kid is gonna be good, there’s no doubt in my mind. And I’ve felt that way, way before he became a Jet (watch the USC/Penn State Rose Bowl from 2 years ago).

That being said, the 4 year veteran Bridgewater did look really good, like his old self from the Minnesota days. I can see HIM winning the starting job. He’s a good QB. I prefer the Jets start the kid (Darnold), especially against us, because I think we’d have more trouble vs Bridgewater THIS YEAR, but a year or so down the road, I think Darnold will be a good QB, I ALAWAYS thought he was the best QB in the draft.

I took a stroll over to TheGangGreen today (masochistic, I know) and was surprised to see absolutely no discussion about starting Teddy. They're all 100% sold on Darnold as a rookie starter. The only question to them is whether they get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Bridgewater, and from which team.

I wonder if they're stupid or just know their team well.

Should be bookmarked for the occasional Erhardt-Perkins and "why it is difficult to find good WR fits" conversations.

A complete misunderstanding. Kyed has no idea what he's talking about. I was at camp today and will write up my review in a bit. Decker has the playbook down, and was in with the 1's on hurry up, and you can't be in hurry up with Brady unless you have a good grasp of the playbook because of how much he loves to audible.

When will WR Riley McCarron arrive?? he's said to be a Edelman clone I don't see it.:confused: I hope Berrios start showing more in the games and practice to separate himself from McCarron who's playing his way back to the PS.
Both are not nfl WRs.

Hope Edelman’s ok. Any injury to him would be a big blow this time around.

Given what we have heard so far between the lines about how he looked in practice I think people are expecting way too much from Edelman in at least the first part of the season. Hopefully he can improve throughout and get closer to 100% towards the middle of November.

Given what we have heard so far between the lines about how he looked in practice I think people are expecting way too much from Edelman in at least the first part of the season. Hopefully he can improve throughout and get closer to 100% towards the middle of November.

I think it is a good thing he is out the first 4 weeks. He'll have 4 extra weeks to strengthen his legs.

IMO, by week 8...he'll be the Edelman of old....it would have been 14 months since his injury.

Both are not nfl WRs.
We lost Cooks, Amendola, Mitchell and Matthews. JE out for a month. After Hogan, we now have essentially reclamation projects (guys given up on by other teams) and rookies. It might work out of course, but there is little sign of that so far.

Last edited:
We lost Cooks, Amendola, Mitchell and Richards. JE out for a month. After Hogan, we now have essentially reclamation projects (guys given up on by other teams) and rookies. It might work out of course, but there is little sign of that so far.
And Hogan has played pretty poorly recently in camp based on some reports

We lost Cooks, Amendola, Mitchell and Richards. JE out for a month. After Hogan, we now have essentially reclamation projects (guys given up on by other teams) and rookies. It might work out of course, but there is little sign of that so far.
Who is Richards? Mitchell didn’t play last year.

None of this makes either McCarron or berrios a better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back