PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs

IMG_20140906_0001.jpg

"Outa my way Frenchie, I wanna pour beer over Marty Walsh's head!!"

i wish this board would make up its mind where the bruins talk should be. is it in the main forum or here? having it in two places doesnt make any sense.

Very impressive yesterday, especially when considering how well-rested Tampa was, and knowing that they would play as if their hair were on fire during the 1st period. Weathering that storm was absolutely crucial.

If Rask can average 2 GA/game, the Bs can win this series in possibly just 5 games.

It would also help if Defencemen like Midget Matt could block a shot every now and then.

Chara is done
Krejci is nowhere to be found
Nash is useless
Marchand is embarrassing

Very impressive yesterday, especially when considering how well-rested Tampa was, and knowing that they would play as if their hair were on fire during the 1st period. Weathering that storm was absolutely crucial.

If Rask can average 2 GA/game, the Bs can win this series in possibly just 5 games.

It would also help if Defencemen like Midget Matt could block a shot every now and then.
I mistakenly believed that after last year's debacle in the first round vs. the Sens, there would be some acknowledgement and accountability a year later.

Instead, it's been worse. The Bruins were able to overcome terrible calls against them vs. the Leafs, but round 2 was overwhelming. One-sided biased egregious officiating against the Bruins is league policy.

The NHL, the officials and the undeserving Lightning "win", and the Bruins lose.

I saw more vicious, dirty, cheap-shot hits by the Lightning in this series alone than anything Brad Marchand has ever done in his career.

Brad Marchand has never done anything in his life to deserve being lumped in with the likes of Lemieux, Nilan, Cook, etc.

It's very interesting to me that Danny Ainge suddenly, magically stopped being a crybaby, cheap shot dirty unsportsmanlike player after he left Boston.

Chara is done
Krejci is nowhere to be found
Nash is useless
Marchand is embarrassing

Don't you mean the officials?
All of the above.

Cassidy should've pulled his players and IMMEDIATELY notified all concerned officials that he was making a formal protest AND WOULD NOT CONTINUE until the little sh!tstain Commissioner himself reviewed the Criminally Negligent non-call during Tampa's game-tying goal in the 3rd period of game 4.

But there are also a half-dozen Bruins players, including the aforementioned 4 plus the Goalkeeper, who need to take a long, hard look in the mirror during the off-season.

And the front office also needs to take a long, hard look at this roster, especially at their Defencemen and Goalkeeper. An almost complete overhaul of personnel at those two position groups is required, as should be painfully obvious to everyone now. And those trades made at the deadline don't look very good right now, to say the least.

All of the above.

Cassidy should've pulled his players and IMMEDIATELY notified all concerned officials that he was making a formal protest AND WOULD NOT CONTINUE until the little sh!tstain Commissioner himself reviewed the Criminally Negligent non-call during Tampa's game-tying goal in the 3rd period of game 4.

But there are also a half-dozen Bruins players, including the aforementioned 4 plus the Goalkeeper, who need to take a long, hard look in the mirror during the off-season.

And the front office also needs to take a long, hard look at this roster, especially at their Defencemen and Goalkeeper. An almost complete overhaul of personnel at those two position groups is required, as should be painfully obvious to everyone now. And those trades made at the deadline don't look very good right now, to say the least.
What management does this offseason will determine how far we can go in a year.

we can officially call the Nash trade a complete bust. he did what he's always done. get hurt. and disappear in the playoffs. bye, bye 1st rd pick.

Vegas is going to win this thing. boston should consider themselves lucky to get ousted early so to save themselves the trouble. they are just that good.

Vegas is going to win this thing. boston should consider themselves lucky to get ousted early so to save themselves the trouble. they are just that good.
Colin Miller would look pretty good on our own blue line right now.

Colin Miller's played all 82 games for Vegas this season. He's still playing hockey right now, in the Stanley Cup finals. His +/- is at +6, and he's averaging more than 19 minutes TOI, in this year's playoffs. He's 25 years old, to McQuad's 31.

It didn't make sense to me for Boston not to bribe Vegas to leave C. Miller alone when the expansion draft happened, and it still doesn't make sense now.

McQuaid sucks and Chara is old...we need a major upgrade at D next season. I don't know what they see in McQuaid because I think he is soft for a big guy. I have never cared for him at all

what do I know

I wouldn't call McQuaid soft. My beef with him is that he is too often injured because of the style of game he plays, therefore I would've protected Colin Miller ahead of him...and as we saw during the POs, McAvoy was clearly not ready for prime time, and Colin Miller clearly has been ready for it...and while I'm at it, why Nick Holden lost ice time to Midget Matt Grzelcyk is one of nature's great mysteries.

Last edited:
last year was Capitals, Ovechkin was fantastic

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft