PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Patriots Practice Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a list of everyone who was picked up on waivers? It would be interesting to see which WRs were gone earlier that they might have claimed.
As far as I can tell, only Kaelin Clay to the Giants. Only six career catches, but two punt return touchdowns.

I think they have 2 IR-DFR slots which would create two openings without exposing anyone to waivers? So over the next few weeks if both new receivers are cut, one to the PS, and two guys go on the IR-DFR after getting nicked up, there are slots for Croston/Tobin, Bolden, Edelman and Dez. :D
I still think Dez is a long shot. But getting him after week 1 means his salary isn't guaranteed for the year. He said last week at that point that he likely wasn't going to sign until after the season started.

Still a long shot but combine all of the above with Zo insistance a big name is coming and you could make a case it's Dez.

Not sure Dez actually qualifies as Tate or better which is what Zo said but Dez was a big enough star at 1 point that you could argue the case.

I still think Dez is a long shot. But getting him after week 1 means his salary isn't guaranteed for the year. He said last week at that point that he likely wasn't going to sign until after the season started.

Still a long shot but combine all of the above with Zo insistance a big name is coming and you could make a case it's Dez.

Not sure Dez actually qualifies as Tate or better which is what Zo said but Dez was a big enough star at 1 point that you could argue the case.
Unlikely but would be cool.

Unlikely but would be cool.
I still don't think he's a great fit here so just pointing out that it makes a little bit less of a risk to do it after week 1.

I think it might even be a stretch to say he can. He can fair catch pretty well, which is admittedly something not every punt returner is good at, but that's about all he ever did in the preseason.

Yes, the few times he actually tried to return it, he looked like he was swimming in quick sand. The only thing I'm surprised about with McCarron is that so many people are surprised he failed to make the cut.

I still don't think he's a great fit here so just pointing out that it makes a little bit less of a risk to do it after week 1.

I was half kidding when I suggested it because I don't think it is a great fit either. But I am not sure Patterson is a great fit either - both more athletic than cerebral. But with Edelman underneath, Gronk running the seam, and Dorsett running a fly, there has to be a lot of open space if you can beat one guy.

The next cut to the 53 will probably be to add an OT. There are currently only 7 OL on the roster, including only 3 OT ... Brown,Cannon & Waddle (Croston is currently on the PS).
It wouldn't surprise if no OLman is added before Sunday, especially somebody besides Croston. After Sunday is a different matter.

Last edited:
Why is it curious? McCarron sucks, and both Darboh & Hanson are better prospects than he is.

Are you really that high on darboh and Hanson? I like Hanson a lot better but we will see if they can pick up the offense. We are trying to see if dorsett and Patterson can do the same.

Are you really that high on darboh and Hanson? I like Hanson a lot better but we will see if they can pick up the offense. We are trying to see if dorsett and Patterson can do the same.

What is it that you prefer about Hansen? I'm a huge Darboh fan, but you're pretty dismissive of him. Any specific reason?

I would actually consider it good news if the 8th lineman isn't added before Sunday. That means we're healthy up front.

Having 8 and preferably 9 O-Linemen is about having players who have been getting reps and can step in immediately if there is an injury. It's not about whether or not players are healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes