PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Patriots Practice Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lions DL looks more in line with a two-gap/3-4 front based on the guys they have and them only keeping seven DL on their initial roster.

Maybe they sold Lee on the potential of being in the super glorious pass rushing LB role, rather than the boring and dreadful “setting the edge” role :D

I don't think you are wrong with any of this.

I think BB rolled the dice with him hoping he could stash him on the PS as he had the kidney laceration.

Rostermon doesn't have the PS signings posted yet. I think their staff maybe split early for a reggae gig.

Apparently, Izzo was IR'd prior to 4pm, possibly to make the "corresponding move" for one of the claimed WRs. So, he's done for the season (for the Pats), unless he takes a settlement and waits for 6-8 weeks.

Mindlessly posting all these tweets certainly has kept me from cleaning and painting the house today, which I really had no desire to do. Haha.

Who was the DL in the second half of the Giant game that flashed a few times (fast pursuit - landed on a few guys) - was it Atkins?

Lions DL looks more in line with a two-gap/3-4 front based on the guys they have and them only keeping seven DL on their initial roster.

Maybe they sold Lee on the potential of being in the super glorious pass rushing LB role, rather than the boring and dreadful “setting the edge” role :D
Pretty sure they are playing out nickel base and just calling one DE and OLB. that will be where lee would play if he sees the field but will still be required to set the edge when he has obtain (typically if he is on the weak side)

Apparently, Izzo was IR'd prior to 4pm, possibly to make the "corresponding move" for one of the claimed WRs. So, he's done for the season (for the Pats), unless he takes a settlement and waits for 6-8 weeks.

So had they only been awarded 1 waiver claim they would have waited until after 4 and leave the possibility to return open. Makes sense.

So.....Is the 53 man roster full as of now? Interesting take that Bolden comes back after a cut on the final 53 appears.......

So.....Is the 53 man roster full as of now? Interesting take that Bolden comes back after a cut on the final 53 appears.......

The next cut to the 53 will probably be to add an OT. There are currently only 7 OL on the roster, including only 3 OT ... Brown,Cannon & Waddle (Croston is currently on the PS).

Good. He's got a good tooklit, he's worth developing, and I can't think of a better place for a quarterback to develop than with the Patriots, practicing every weak with the best quarterback that ever took the field.

My question is whether or not Etling is here as a scout qb to imitate Watson, of do the Pats really see something in him???

My hope is for the latter..

He is no longer eligible. I suspect the two new receivers are competing for one spot. Bolden will get the loser's spot.

I think an 8th OL has the priority over Bolden for the loser's spot. I'm still not sure how they get Bolden back.

Edelman coming back in wk 5 complicates things even further....:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes