PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Patriots Practice Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand but I can’t remember the last time a PS wr was promoted to the active roster, did something good, and remained on the team for any length of time. I think Britt is better than on there and I have a feeling we try to get Mitchell back if he ever is healthy again.

That's not limited to WRs. Out of something like 200 players who've spent time on the Pats PS over the past 18 years, maybe ten TOTAL have been promoted and stuck.

That's not limited to WRs. Out of something like 200 players who've spent time on the Pats PS over the past 18 years, maybe ten TOTAL have been promoted and stuck.

I think the last set of guys that really made an impact was about 10 years ago, all in quick succession. Dan Connelly, Ryan Wendell, Benjarvis Green-Ellis and Kyle Arrington.

I think the last set of guys that really made an impact was about 10 years ago, all in quick succession. Dan Connelly, Ryan Wendell, Benjarvis Green-Ellis and Kyle Arrington.

Stephen Neal is the most notable name I can remember from earlier. It'a a really low percentage over all, regardless.

I have a feeling we try to get Mitchell back if he ever is healthy again.
I read somewhere today that he is filing an injury grievance (pretty sure it was a link to a BSJ article), but a quick google search isn’t producing any links.

LOL! If you had made that a statement instead of a question, I'd have a new signature. Too funny.

Why don't you modify it and OWN it..

Stephen Neal is the most notable name I can remember from earlier. It'a a really low percentage over all, regardless.

You're forgetting Tom Ashworth and Brandon Gorin. Without them, we don't win SB39..

You're also forgetting Brandon King who is the most recent one. He started his career on the PS with the Pats and has become a big part of the STs success.

There was also a tweet claiming that insiders said a settlement was reached, but there has been no confirmation, as far as I know.

Volin's report: Former Patriots receiver Malcolm Mitchell files injury grievance against the team - The Boston Globe

Mitchell files grievance.

Boston Sports Media (salivating profusely): "OH BOY! HERE WE GO!!"

Mitchell and the Pats settle within 24 hours.

Boston Sports Media (salivating profusely): "Oh, yawn! Okay, where's that list of follow-up speculations about Brady wanting to divorce Belichick?"

ah yes, we finally have confirmation from the Globe. Miguel's TH article was insufficient for posters.

It had nothing to do with being "insufficient". It has everything to do with a good majority of the board not having a membership to BSJ.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
With Hollister oft injured

Hollister didn't miss a game last season due to injury. He played - and produced - in the first two pre-season games this year, and was only "limited" for the last two weeks of Camp.

After sitting out week-1 with a hammy, he was off the injury report by Friday of last week, played against Jax, and caught 3 of 3 targets.

This week, he wasn't even on this injury report until Friday, after apparently injuring his "chest" in a "hard landing" during Thursday's practice.

"Oft-injured"? I really think that label gets tossed around here way too casually.

Hollister didn't miss a game last season due to injury. He played - and produced - in the first two pre-season games this year, and was only "limited" for the last two weeks of Camp.

After sitting out week-1 with a hammy, he was off the injury report by Friday of last week, played against Jax, and caught 3 of 3 targets.

This week, he wasn't even on this injury report until Friday, after apparently injuring his "chest" in a "hard landing" during Thursday's practice.

"Oft-injured"? I really think that label gets tossed around here way too casually.
Just talking about this year. As @supafly pointed out, he's been injured for more than a month. Missed last two preseason games and been on the injury report each of the first three weeks.

Just talking about this year. As @supafly pointed out, he's been injured for more than a month. Missed last two preseason games and been on the injury report each of the first three weeks.

Rowe was on the injury report with a "groin" for 11 consecutive regular-season games in 2017 (same injury that's causing him to miss this week). He missed 8 of those, bringing his two-season total to 15 regular-season games, out of 32.

Hollister, who missed ZERO games in 2017 due to injury, is held out of the final two "meaningless" pre-season games and then held out of week-1 with a hammy injury. He's cleared of that by the end of week-2 practices and plays well in the game.

He's off the injury report, but, towards the end of this week's practices, he suffers a not-likely-to-become-chronic "chest" injury, and is ruled out for the game.

This all seems different to me than "he's been injured for more than a month."

Nevertheless, Hollister is now so "oft-injured" that you're ready to send him to IR and replace him with a guy from the PS.

Seems just a tad disproportionate to me.

Rowe was on the injury report with a "groin" for 11 consecutive regular-season games in 2017 (same injury that's causing him to miss this week). He missed 8 of those, bringing his two-season total to 15 regular-season games, out of 32.

Hollister, who missed ZERO games in 2017 due to injury, is held out of the final two "meaningless" pre-season games and then held out of week-1 with a hammy injury. He's cleared of that by the end of week-2 practices and plays well in the game.

He's off the injury report, but, towards the end of this week's practices, he suffers a not-likely-to-become-chronic "chest" injury, and is ruled out for the game.

This all seems different to me than "he's been injured for more than a month."

Nevertheless, Hollister is now so "oft-injured" that you're ready to send him to IR and replace him with a guy from the PS.

Seems just a tad disproportionate to me.
Hollister deserves some slack but he does need to get out there.

Hollister deserves some slack but he does need to get out there.

Refraining from labeling him as "oft-inured" at this point isn't cutting him slack. It's merely being reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back