PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Patriots Practice Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK. The Cards poached DJ Foster and the Texans poached DT Angelo Blackson off the Pats' PS last season. I'm not sure that a player's level of development is necessarily a significant factor.

True. Its based off of need, though, both long term and short. We have few under contract past next year and it can be difficult for WRs to come in amd succeed here. If he shows promise, I think this is a position that they'd like to hold on to. RBs seem pretty fungible to the Pats. Not to mention, Foster seems to be a back of the roster talent. If Coleman can live up to his potential, there's definitely a lot more there to protect.

According to who?

No actual transaction reported yet, from what I can find.

We may need to wait and see if there's a new #17 or #19 on the field to practice today.

Rap reported it was official I cant upload the screen shot for some reason

This was Rap's tweet from yesterday afternoon. It's not clear that he didn't mean merely that the "Pats interest" in signing Coleman to the PS was "official" (it had only been rumored).

There was no transaction recorded yesterday by 4pm involving Coleman and the Pats, only CJ being signed from the Ratbirds PS and Barner waived in a corresponding move.

This was Rap's tweet from yesterday afternoon. It's not clear that he didn't mean merely that the "Pats interest" in signing Coleman to the PS was "official" (it had only been rumored).

There was no transaction recorded yesterday by 4pm involving Coleman and the Pats, only CJ being signed from the Ratbirds PS and Barner waived in a corresponding move.
I took official to mean hes officially signed.

Again, there's been no actual transaction reported yet. The only thing "official" as of the time of Rap's tweet was confirming the "Pats' interest" in signing Coleman.

I took official to mean hes officially signed.

I'm sure that a lot of people did.

From 30 minutes ago:

It's ain't "official" until Miguel says it's official. ;)

LOL!

That "report" merely quotes the Garafolo-Rapoport tweet exchange from yesterday that's already been posted here twice.

It's really amazing how the media works this stuff.

1) One guy reports "interest" and "could happen soon".
2) Another guy responds with an ambiguous "it's official!"
3) Then, a major media outlet "reports" with a headline implying that it's already happened, citing those tweets as their source.

Meanwhile, on the real-life transaction wire .... crickets. And nothing yet - not even speculation - from Reiss, Kyed, Howe, Miguel, or any of the other reliable local guys.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that it won't happen. It's possible that the paperwork was filed earlier this morning (which wouldn't show up on the transaction wire until this evening). I'm just disputing that it happened yesterday. And there's no evidence that it's happened yet.

LOL!

That "report" merely quotes the Garafolo-Rapoport tweet exchange from yesterday that's already been posted here twice.

It's really amazing how the media works this stuff.

1) One guy reports "interest" and "could happen soon".
2) Another guy responds with an ambiguous "it's official!"
3) Then, a major media outlet "reports" with a headline implying that it's already happened, citing those tweets as their source.

Meanwhile, on the real-life transaction wire .... crickets. And nothing yet - not even speculation - from Reiss, Kyed, Howe, Miguel, or any of the other reliable local guys.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that it won't happen. It's possible that the paperwork was filed earlier this morning (which wouldn't show up on the transaction wire until this evening). I'm just disputing that it happened yesterday. And there's no evidence that it's happened yet.
A post BB would:

BB.jpg

Not trying to troll but you guys are arguing if Coleman is on the practice squad. Have you seen his highlight reel, it’s not even impressive, his drops are though and he doesn’t look fast.

Not trying to troll but you guys are arguing if Coleman is on the practice squad. Have you seen his highlight reel, it’s not even impressive, his drops are though and he doesn’t look fast.
Have you seen the WR depth chart.

No one is saying he can help now just that we want something developing on the PS.

Have you seen the WR depth chart.

No one is saying he can help now just that we want something developing on the PS.

I understand but I can’t remember the last time a PS wr was promoted to the active roster, did something good, and remained on the team for any length of time. I think Britt is better than on there and I have a feeling we try to get Mitchell back if he ever is healthy again.

Britt And Dez waiting on other teams Injurys like Lions looking at a herd of Buffalo trampling thru.
Or A Shark waiting for a family of seals to swim away from the baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back