PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Patriots begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think Belichick, not Brady, is the reason they're in so many SB's. I think you and those who agree with you are dead wrong. His record without Brady proves that.

I'm not getting into a Brady or BB debate. I'm of the opinion neither one wins jack **** without the other. If BB didn't have Tom's greatness at his disposal he doesn't win. If Tom doesn't get the perfect coach to incubate him for a year, mentor him and put the right system and talent around him he is another Jim Kelly or Dan Marino.

And I guess you also think that the Pats wouldn't be in the SB as much if Belichick actually treated the fans and the media respectfully. Another point I disagree with, but we don't have a won/lost record that can substantiate that because he's rarely respectful.

Clearly you are anti-BB.

Why the hell does BB need to treat the media respectfully? Does that really matter in the grand scheme of things?

I guarantee if you ran into BB at a gas station and said great job he'd thank you and treat you with respect.

At some point years from now, the real story is going come out about what is going on.

A while back the Comcast guys reported that bb broke trust in the locker room by not monetarily rewarding butler, then stabbing him in the back with the Gilmore signing.

Could they be right? Was the butler thing the match that started this firestorm? It would explain so much.

Those "Comcast guys" are apparently audition for jobs with BSPN.

So you think Belichick, not Brady, is the reason they're in so many SB's. I think you and those who agree with you are dead wrong. His record without Brady proves that.

And I guess you also think that the Pats wouldn't be in the SB as much if Belichick actually treated the fans and the media respectfully. Another point I disagree with, but we don't have a won/lost record that can substantiate that because he's rarely respectful.

Very few mediots actually respect anyone and I don't blame BB at all for not respecting them.

But how has BB NOT treated fans respectfully? That's a new one, for me.

Very few mediots actually respect anyone and I don't blame BB at all for not respecting them.

But how has BB NOT treated fans respectfully? That's a new one, for me.

His smarmy attitude toward the mediots comes under the same umbrella. A little courtesy in response to questions would be a good start.

His smarmy attitude toward the mediots comes under the same umbrella. A little courtesy in response to questions would be a good start.

ROTFLMFAO!

The idea that BB is "smarmy" because he's not "courteous" to the mediots - who are, with extremely rare exception, absolutely THE smarmiest, least respectful critters on the entire effing planet - is totally hilarious.

ROTFLMFAO!

The idea that BB is "smarmy" because he's not "courteous" to the mediots - who are, with extremely rare exception, absolutely THE smarmiest, least respectful critters on the entire effing planet - is totally hilarious.

I'm certainly no fan of most of the mediots, but as a fan who'd like to hear answers to football related questions, Belichick's not funny at all. The Belichick sycophants probably think he's a riot though.

Who is "they" and what "official stance" did "they" make?

Apparently, I missed something major.
The decision from our team leader, Brady to skip voluntary OTAs for the first time since 2010? He is usually the one dependable player that’s pumping everyone else up around him.

Continuing to ignore the fact that his actions and comments (Tom vs Time, his sudden choice to involve himself in the Butler drama + backing Gronk’s strong worded thoughts on being free and happy) isn’t going to make it all go away. None of that had anything at all to do with the media. That is all Tom Brady.

He’s obviously attempting to send some type of message, so I see the wording of “taking a stance” as quite appropriate, at this point in time.

The decision from our team leader, Brady to skip voluntary OTAs for the first time since 2010? He is usually the one dependable player that’s pumping everyone else up around him.

Continuing to ignore the fact that his actions and comments (Tom vs Time, his sudden choice to involve himself in the Butler drama + backing Gronk’s strong worded thoughts on being free and happy) isn’t going to make it all go away. None of that had anything at all to do with the media. That is all Tom Brady.

He’s obviously attempting to send some type of message, so I see the wording of “taking a stance” as quite appropriate, at this point in time.
To take it one step further, there have been numerous opportunities for him to dispel any rumors that have been occurring from both the local and national media on an almost daily basis, just like Aaron Rogers did yesterday.

That hasn’t happened. Not once. To me, that should be included with the other facts, even if Brady isn’t the one saying them. Again, not trying to sway you or anyone else’s opinion on the matter. Just responding to your post where you questioned my explanation as to how I see a stance being taken.

Brady was in Qatar, visiting the troops. It takes months to process the DoD red tape to make something like that happen. And when was the date for the start of the first voluntary OTAs announced? AFTER free agency had started. So, y'know, less than a month. Do you remember what BB said in his pre-draft about expecting good attendence and that a couple players had prior commitments, 'but that's usually the case, so nothing new there"?

So far, Brady has missed a couple days of running and weight-lifting in the first voluntary OTA session. So have other players.

I classify this under "S**t Happens".

But, no, this must have been a deliberate
decision from our team leader, Brady to skip voluntary OTAs

He’s obviously attempting to send some type of message
and, therefore, "taking a stance" against ... something.

The only thing that's obvious to me is that this extreme conclusion has EVERYTHING to do with the media. Because it's the media that is providing the oh-so-tenuous links among these factoids-out-of-context inorder to create this melodramatic narrative and to get people to buy into it by relentlessly repeating it. They have people convinced that "where there's smoke, there's fire" while cleverly disguising the fact that it's THEM who's creating the smoke. And blowing it up everybody's butts.

To take it one step further, there have been numerous opportunities for him to dispel any rumors that have been occurring from both the local and national media on an almost daily basis, just like Aaron Rogers did yesterday.

That hasn’t happened. Not once. To me, that should be included with the other facts, even if Brady isn’t the one saying them. Again, not trying to sway you or anyone else’s opinion on the matter. Just responding to your post where you questioned my explanation as to how I see a stance being taken.

Nope Brady is under no personal obligation whatsoever to "dispel" anything. If people are willing to buy the BS that the media is selling about him, that's not his problem.

Ignore the noise.

Brady was in Qatar, visiting the troops. It takes months to process the DoD red tape to make something like that happen. And when was the date for the start of the first voluntary OTAs announced? AFTER free agency had started. So, y'know, less than a month. Do you remember what BB said in his pre-draft about expecting good attendence and that a couple players had prior commitments, 'but that's usually the case, so nothing new there"?

So far, Brady has missed a couple days of running and weight-lifting in the first voluntary OTA session. So have other players.

I classify this under "S**t Happens".

But, no, this must have been a deliberate

and, therefore, "taking a stance" against ... something.

The only thing that's obvious to me is that this extreme conclusion has EVERYTHING to do with the media. Because it's the media that is providing the oh-so-tenuous links among these factoids-out-of-context inorder to create this melodramatic narrative and to get people to buy into it by relentlessly repeating it. They have people convinced that "where there's smoke, there's fire" while cleverly disguising the fact that it's THEM who's creating the smoke. And blowing it up everybody's butts.
What does Brady’s trip have to do with anything, considering that he still didn’t show up Tuesday or Wednesday, and reportedly has no plans to show up at all for OTAs?

Your explanation would make sense had he made a statement about looking forward to returning or actually showed up in person once he returned; otherwise, the trip has nothing to do with any of it.

"reported" by whom? The media citing "unnamed sources" (again)?

That right there says it all.
Well, I suppose that we’ll know soon enough, but he’s yet to walk through the doors and tomorrow is Thursday. I just don’t see how that relates to his trip to Qatar.

I can appreciate questioning certain local guys, but Curran is fairly solid, and Schefter may have the best record nationally out of any NFL source. I’m not sure that I can bring myself to dismiss their reports quite as easily as you are, but I hope that you’re correct and all of this is made up nonsense for the benefit of the media.

I think both players will play in 2018, but I think one’s head would have to be placed pretty firmly in the sand to think that nothing has changed, or that those two players aren’t clearly pissed off about some issues.

Also, I find it ironic that during a debate about media sources, one chooses to pick and choose which media sources they wish to believe. So, we’re supposed to ignore Curran and Schefter, but believe Howe, because he’s providing positive news and the others aren’t? That just seems naive.

What if Brady thinks BB was indirectly the source for Wickersham - a Brady hit piece? The motivation to send a message would be sky high.

I think both players will play in 2018, but I think one’s head would have to be placed pretty firmly in the sand to think that nothing has changed, or that those two players aren’t clearly pissed off about some issues.

Also, I find it ironic that during a debate about media sources, one chooses to pick and choose which media sources they wish to believe. So, we’re supposed to ignore Curran and Schefter, but believe Howe, because he’s providing positive news and the others aren’t? That just seems naive.

Look, supa, Im not here to spoil your fun with Pats spring soap opera. This was just something that at least resembles news (and source not really relevant). The other is not news, speculation on speculation at best. Everyone rides his own agenda there. So lets spare throwing naivety at one another (or blind optimism etc.), shall we?

And the only way we "know" that is because that's all that the media is feeding us while deliberately leaving us ignorant AF about what "normal" is behind closed doors.

Here's how this all works:

In an earlier piece, Henry McKenna (PatriotsWire/USA TODAY) quoted an excerpt from a report by Guregian that appeared in the Herald:

"The source, however, indicated there has been communication with the Patriots and Gronkowski’s camp recently. Some of the discussions have been focused on Gronk’s contract."

That's the entire quote excerpt from McKenna. Note the lack of context.

Note also how Guergian inserts the word "camp" to subtly set this "communication" up as oppositional or even antagonistic, even though it's never mentioned what the subject of this "communication" was. Then, she adds the bit about "SOME of these DISCUSSIONS have been focused on Gronk's contract."

In his lead-off statement in that piece, McKenna baldy recharacterizes this as, "Rob Gronkowski’s contract is back on the negotiating table. He and the New England Patriots have engaged in contract talks..." as if it was a fact.

Then, in his most recent piece, McKenna further re-characterizes this "fact" and creates the link that makes the killer inference: "... reports came out that Gronkowski was going to miss some of the program while negotiating his contract."

And it's now being widely recharacterized by other media schlubs that "Gronk is holding out."

So, we started with ONE somewhat slanted report that was based on "information" from ONE unidentified and unverified source, and added ONE actual fact - that Gronk missed ONE DAY of voluntary OTAs, the very first day (which the Patriots somehow managed to schedule on the same day as the Boston Marathon) - and that now equals "Gronk is holding out."

This is classic Pravda/TASS propaganda technique.

I my opinion there is room for both positions, however this is a pissing contest without winners. The news today is Brady looking like Stormy's picture of the strong arm guy, Brady and his actions and Gromk and his actions. It would be great if there was something about injured players for Pat's fans but the rest reading today's news are not Pat's fans they are haters wanting to read stories about the Pats player bickering. That part sells news by volumes.

Go Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes