PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Patriots begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, supa, Im not here to spoil your fun with Pats spring soap opera. This was just something that at least resembles news (and source not really relevant). The other is not news, speculation on speculation at best. Everyone rides his own agenda there. So lets spare throwing naivety at one another (or blind optimism etc.), shall we?
You sound as though I may have offended you. That’s certainly not my intention. I enjoy your posts and think you’re generally an asset to the forum.

There’s nothing “fun” about any of the facts that have been occurring, so don’t lump me in with some nutjobs who are taking things to extremes. The old Tom Brady doesn’t purposefully end his documentary leading his fans into a tunnel of uncertainty, nor does he suddenly respond in agreement on social media to negative comments. Since he does have more of a newfound social media presence now, why doesn’t he just take 30 seconds of his time and tweet something positive or uplifting about the upcoming season? Why? Because this is on purpose. Whether it’s a desire for more money and/or being upset about his training methods and personal guru being limited, he’s obviously not the same Tom Brady we’re used to. Those are facts. There’s no media speculation to that, and even the media stories that are being cited are from pro-Patriots sources like Curran and Schefter (a Brady supporter and Michigan alum). These aren’t the Wickershams and Felgers of the world, any longer.

Having some concern is a normal human reaction. There isn’t any pleasure in having to endure this as a fan. I’m not starting threads, fanning flames, or jumping to ridiculous conclusions. As I’ve stated many times, I believe both players will be here for 2018, but when you have a bunch of smoke it’s reasonable to wonder if there’s a fire somewhere. To top it off, Brady is usually the first one in the building for these events, showing up at 5:00am with cameras flashing to further the narrative of what a team leader he is. He hasn’t missed since he was still in the period of taking his recovery cautiously back in the ‘09-‘10 period. When both he AND Gronkowski are absent and have been strongly hinting at their displeasure, people are going to take some notice.

As far as finding certain (bad news) tweets and articles as “fake news,” but happily sharing other sources who provide good news like it's gospel, the truth is that it is a bit naive. That’s not meant as an insult. For someone who is so strongly suggesting how much misinformation is being spread by usually credible sources, picking and choosing other sources with positive news does seem strangely hypocritical to me. Should we believe some of it, all of it, none of it? I don’t know the answer to that, but I think it’s pretty obvious that both players have issues and that’s not something we’re used to seeing around here—especially from the golden boy after 18+ yrs of doing and saying nothing but positive things.

You sound as though I may have offended you. That’s certainly not my intention. I enjoy your posts and think you’re generally an asset to the forum.

There’s nothing “fun” about any of the facts that have been occurring, so don’t lump me in with some nutjobs who are taking things to extremes. The old Tom Brady doesn’t purposefully end his documentary leading his fans into a tunnel of uncertainty, nor does he suddenly respond in agreement on social media to negative comments. Since he does have more of a newfound social media presence now, why doesn’t he just take 30 seconds of his time and tweet something positive or uplifting about the upcoming season? Why? Because this is on purpose. Whether it’s a desire for more money and/or being upset about his training methods and personal guru being limited, he’s obviously not the same Tom Brady we’re used to. Those are facts. There’s no media speculation to that, and even the media stories that are being cited are from pro-Patriots sources like Curran and Schefter (a Brady supporter and Michigan alum). These aren’t the Wickershams and Felgers of the world, any longer.

Having some concern is a normal human reaction. There isn’t any pleasure in having to endure this as a fan. I’m not starting threads, fanning flames, or jumping to ridiculous conclusions. As I’ve stated many times, I believe both players will be here for 2018, but when you have a bunch of smoke it’s reasonable to wonder if there’s a fire somewhere. To top it off, Brady is usually the first one in the building for these events, showing up at 5:00am with cameras flashing to further the narrative of what a team leader he is. He hasn’t missed since he was still in the period of taking his recovery cautiously back in the ‘09-‘10 period. When both he AND Gronkowski are absent and have been strongly hinting at their displeasure, people are going to take some notice.

As far as finding certain (bad news) tweets and articles as “fake news,” but happily sharing other sources who provide good news like it's gospel, the truth is that it is a bit naive. That’s not meant as an insult. For someone who is so strongly suggesting how much misinformation is being spread by usually credible sources, picking and choosing other sources with positive news does seem strangely hypocritical to me. Should we believe some of it, all of it, none of it? I don’t know the answer to that, but I think it’s pretty obvious that both players have issues and that’s not something we’re used to seeing around here—especially from the golden boy after 18+ yrs of doing and saying nothing but positive things.

not offended at all, dear supa. always nice to have you in conversation. sent you pm not to load the thread with personal stuff.

you have a valid point on selective use of media stuff but in this case the tweet of Tom bringing Gronk, Jules and possibly some others to his “mini camp“ actually is news (nothing big of course) and likely true since it is business as usual (although some people might start reading in the fact that Gronk is to participate this time) and “open revolt“ article is not news but personal speculation. I believe we can agree on that.

anyhow . this thread was meant to celebrate the beginning of Patriots offseason and possibly offer some news, updates on the team as a whole, injured players, new players etc. It was not meant to be the “ideology of optimism“ or “oasis of naivety“ thread as opposed to dark drama speculations threads around. Just a thread interested in the team as a whole starting a new chapter . and interested in ALL Pats players. I hope its not some kind of trespassing here to be interested in every player on actual Patriots roster the same way as in Tom, Gronk. Maybe not “normal“ but hopefully can be tolerated..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye