PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 NCAA season watch thread.

He just doesn’t look good when pressured. Footwork changes and he almost panics and forces things.

He’s gonna have to work on that if he wants any chance to get drafted. He’s physically gifted but so was michael Vick.

I don't mean to overreact, but Alabama might not lose a national championship while Tua is QB. Crazy.

I don't mean to overreact, but Alabama might not lose a national championship while Tua is QB. Crazy.
I’ve already turned that game off. That’s going to be another blowout. Tua is so good. The defense will be good enough. Did you see the yards per TD pass stat for him?

What did you take the over?
-21 worked out. Figured this was a game they could exploit/get back on track

I was thinking/looking for the same thing today. Stidham is always impressive when it's stick n shoot, within the offense but when things break down I can't count on that same accuracy & placement.

I’ve already turned that game off. That’s going to be another blowout. Tua is so good. The defense will be good enough. Did you see the yards per TD pass stat for him?

Yeah . . . this must be how everyone else feels about the Patriots.

I love bama but their dominance is bad for college football. What a destruction of ole miss. It seems like college football has become almost like women’s college basketball. The product is watered down.

I love bama but their dominance is bad for college football. What a destruction of ole miss. It seems like college football has become almost like women’s college basketball. The product is watered down.
See, Alabama’s dominance aside I don’t think college football has ever been better (at least in my lifetime).

And I thought you were a Miami fan.

See, Alabama’s dominance aside I don’t think college football has ever been better (at least in my lifetime).

And I thought you were a Miami fan.

I am. I don’t see our program getting any better. They struggled against toledo today.

I really like that whole UW secondary. They keep pumping them out. McIntosh, Rapp & Murphy would look great in Pat's uni's. Rapp is interchangeable & so smart.

Chris Peterson is a guy no one brings up enough. Guy completely turned that program (UW) around.

Last edited:
I like him as well. That was a heck of a play. Falling backwards, off balance.

What did/do you think of Dean/Peters for Auburn?

Didn't get to watch more than 15 minutes. That's a game I'll go back to review another time. Liked what I saw from the DL, though.

I really like that whole UW secondary. They keep pumping them out. McIntosh, Rapp & Murphy would look great in Pat's uni's. Rapp is interchangeable & so smart.

Chris Peterson is a guy no one brings up enough. Guy completely turned that program (UW) around.
He also turned Boise into a beast of a program back in the day. IMO he might be the second best coach in the country. I think Urban Meyer as a coach is overrated because Urban Meyer the recruiter is so good. There have been numerous instances over the years where his boneheaded decisions have cost his teams games they should have won.

He also turned Boise into a beast of a program back in the day. IMO he might be the second best coach in the country. I think Urban Meyer as a coach is overrated because Urban Meyer the recruiter is so good. There have been numerous instances over the years where his boneheaded decisions have cost his teams games they should have won.
I really like Peterson. What he's done has gone unnoticed for the most part.
I've said the same a few times but Meyer.

Didn't get to watch more than 15 minutes. That's a game I'll go back to review another time. Liked what I saw from the DL, though.
Let me know what you think. I'll take any opinions fwiw. Been watching them for a minute now & would like to hear some thoughts

Man if Missouri can stop turning the damn ball over, they’d be giving Georgia a fight. Their offense is having very little problem moving the ball.

Alabama does everything to the left on offense. Now that A&M has started to overload the left and force Tua to throw to the right, they’ve gotten stops. I counted 9 throws in a row to the left.

OU/Stanford most anticipated game of the day for me.

Game of the short year for me so far. Should be fun from a talent & Coaching standpoint.

A talked about this in the last Pod but it'll be interesting to see how Sanford approaches this game. Will they try to really establish a run game? They have get something going. I think they at least try to make it seem that way. Get Ugo Amadi & the S's as close to the box as possible before iso JJ, looking for Smith etc.

The OL/TE make that team go so expect 2-3 all game.

I think Herbert is going to have to do some real work here. Shaw will/should make him work underneath & pick apart US. I have a feeling Udebo/Holder & co will be containing the big play at all cost. I think Herbert will have to make a few plays w his feet to win.

Jelks, Faulio, Scott vs Herbig, Hamilton & co

Some interesting 3rd down and red zone stats:

3rd down

Oregon 48%

Stanford 33%

3rd down D

Oregon 27%

Stanford 33%

Redzone

Oregon 82% 14-17 TDs

Stanford 83% 7-12 TDs

Redzone D

Oregon 100% 5-9 TDs

Stanford 67% 1-6 TDs

The team that can convert 3rd downs and score TDs inside the redzone instead of kicking field goals will win. Stanford has been stingy in the red zone on D

WOW! What an ending. Oregon showing why ball security is King. Incredible way to seal their own defeat.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back