2018 NCAA season watch thread.

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I figured we could use this thread to discuss games we are watching/have watched and some players that stuck out to us from those games.

I'm currently watching the USF/Georgia Tech game right now. 7 lead changes in. Terrance Horne, Jr. obviously stands out. World class speed and two kick returns for touchdowns in the first quarter. He's very undersized at 5'7" though and apparently wants to enter the Olympics in 2020 for track and field. I also switched to the OU/UCLA game and unfortunately it looks like Rodney Anderson suffered a knee injury and had to leave the game.

Blake Barnett also looks like he's settled in in the USF/GT game. He has a cannon for an arm but some of his longer throws are somewhat inaccurate and he's had trouble reading some of the more exotic coverages GT has thrown his way throughout the game. The potential is there, though. You can see why Alabama recruited him.

Tobias Oliver looks good for GT in relief. He seems like the prototypical quarterback to run the triple option. USF looks totally gassed on defense.

Wisconsin will run Jonathan Taylor into the ground. I don't know if any other team gives its lead back this many carries. Tough to evaluate him fairly with that dominating line in front of him. He's talented, but they might put up 400 yards rushing today.

Wisconsin will run Jonathan Taylor into the ground. I don't know if any other team gives its lead back this many carries. Tough to evaluate him fairly with that dominating line in front of him. He's talented, but they might put up 400 yards rushing today.
It’s always been hard to grade Wisconsin backs. Their OLs are traditionally dominant.

Blake Barnett’s legs power USF to a 42-38 game. 9 lead changes now. Hell of a game.

Jake Bentley is nervous. One throw way too hard into traffic and the other one a risky one to the sideline. One almost gets picked off by Georgia. The second one DOES get picked off and returned for 6.

How didn't I see this until now?

Anyway I really like what I saw from Sweat, Simmons & the rest of that DL. Tons of talent besides them two. The while D is very under rated tbh. Rivers, Peters, Abram etc

Next few weeks will really shape their season.

They have to protect Fitz more. My goodness he takes an unnecessary beating. Offense looks pretty good. Could be explosive & play top if they want. Lots of drops today.

Hopefully Daniel Jones is ok. Looking like a possible QB1. Maybe not a better Pre/Post QB in football rn. Great feet. Tough. Smart & accurate.

Also lets please start the Bosa/Heisman talk. If for nothing else bc I have a lil sprinkle on his future.

Like the #77 never left Georgia. Great debut drive of Cade Mays stepping in at LT..

Pats factory keeps producing (like the WRs so engaged in team O, blocking for each other .. Wims had a great preseason . a pity Pats didn't double dip at WR there - i don't think anybody was drafting Etling).

Wouldn't mind taking another bulldog next yr.. (Walker looking good and tough as well)

Like the #77 never left Georgia. Great debut drive of Cade Mays stepping in at LT..

Pats factory keeps producing (like the WRs so engaged in team O, blocking for each other .. Wims had a great preseason . a pity Pats didn't double dip at WR there - i don't think anybody was drafting Etling).

Wouldn't mind taking another bulldog next yr.. (Walker looking good and tough as well)

Mentioned Reed on the pod the other day. I really like him. Physical but just so smart as we saw on that last INT. He's def someone to keep an eye on too.

Just cashed Bama Over. Have Flo & Clemson Under 1st half tonight

Btw glad you started this thread Kontra. I've literally been contemplating starting one in here or main but we needed one.

Draft forum has been dead. Shame bc all the players we see & watch on Sundays are always discussed here for at least a year before they start playing at the next level.

How much playing time does Trevor Lawrence get tonight? Bryant can make a lot of plays with his feet but still has trouble reading some coverages.

Someone blew their assignment badly on that option.

T-Law Time 64 TD

Dex having a game. Guy is so agile & can just move so smooth laterally.

Great first drive for Kaden Smith. Big reception then monster block for Love's TD.

Lmao FSU losing to Samford. They have big problems on the OL and Taggart is not much of a head coach. His RB scored a clear TD last week and he had his offense in hurry up. They snapped the ball before he realized he wanted to challenge it. Moron.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back