95: R3P31
QB KYLE LAULETTA, RICHMOND

198: R6P24
DE KENTAVIUS STREET, NC STATE

210: R6P36
LB OREN BURKS, VANDERBILT

219: R7P1
WR BRAXTON BERRIOS, MIAMI (FLA.)

This is my mock based on what I think the team will do. I think they are going to look at a QB early, along with a sub LB/Safety type (seemingly been looking for this every year), and some o-line reinforcement. If we can't get our QB in round one, we probably look at the LBs available there.

23 Trade 23 and 43 to Green Bay for 14 and 101 and go up and grab a falling Josh Rosen, QB.

31 Trade down to 39 with Chicago and pick up 105

39 Select Ronnie Harrison, S. Was the leader of the Alabama D, can play both free and strong safety. Will play in packages as a safety/LB hybrid and take over from Chung/McCourty in a year or two

63 Brian O'Neil, OT. I think there's a chance they pick an interior guy here but I've put in the OT for now. Could compete to start by week 6

95 Uchenna Nwosu, LB. This might be optimistic by a few slots but what the hell. Could convert fully to off the line LB.

101 Duke Ejiofer, DE. Get some more DE help.

105 Daesean Hamilton, WR. Another receiver to add into the mix.

198 Bo Scarbrough, RB.

Trade 210 and 219, select Dejon Allan, G

If we don't trade up in the 1st I could see us taking a LB at 23 and then a 3rd round QB like Luke Falk/Mike White.

This is my mock based on what I think the team will do. I think they are going to look at a QB early, along with a sub LB/Safety type (seemingly been looking for this every year), and some o-line reinforcement. If we can't get our QB in round one, we probably look at the LBs available there.

23 Trade 23 and 43 to Green Bay for 14 and 101 and go up and grab a falling Josh Rosen, QB.

39 Select Ronnie Harrison, S. Was the leader of the Alabama D, can play both free and strong safety. Will play in packages as a safety/LB hybrid and take over from Chung/McCourty in a year or two

63 Brian O'Neil, OT. I think there's a chance they pick an interior guy here but I've put in the OT for now. Could compete to start by week 6

95 Uchenna Nwosu, LB. This might be optimistic by a few slots but what the hell. Could convert fully to off the line LB.

198 Bo Scarbrough, RB.

If we don't trade up in the 1st I could see us taking a LB at 23 and then a 3rd round QB like Luke Falk/Mike White.

I’m not really an advocate for trading up in the 1st for a QB, but if we’re going to, I would love a draft like this. Heck, if this was the end result by the weekend, I’d still love it. Just need to find a TE.

I only want to trade up for Rosen but only if he drops as low as 9. I genuinely think he can a pro bowl caliber QB with a years seasoning under Josh. I would also gamble on Jackson at 31 if he was there.

I'm not as enamoured with the QB depth of the draft as others. I don't think Lauletta, Falk, White et al will be much more than below average starters/ good backups in the nfl.

If the 1st round QBs are gone, I'd probably take Falk at 95 if you put a gun to my head and get him in the weight room for a year.

I only want to trade up for Rosen but only if he drops as low as 9. I genuinely think he can a pro bowl caliber QB with a years seasoning under Josh. I would also gamble on Jackson at 31 if he was there.

I'm not as enamoured with the QB depth of the draft as others. I don't think Lauletta, Falk, White et al will be much more than below average starters/ good backups in the nfl.

If the 1st round QBs are gone, I'd probably take Falk at 95 if you put a gun to my head and get him in the weight room for a year.
I'll take it in a heartbeat.

Personally I believe if we don't take a QB in the early rounds (1-3) then we probably either don't like this class or the top QBs are grouped closely together and off our draft board.

We took Ryan Mallet (3rd, 74th), Jimmy (2nd, 63rd) and Jacoby (3rd, 91st) in early rounds.

If we take a QB in the 1st/2nd, I believe whichever QB has been heavily scouted, probably on or near the top of our QB board for all the QBs in the draft and, based on our projection, would develop into either a starter for us or the NFL in general.

This is my draft right now. I'll do one more after posting my finished big board in a few days.

23: Maurice Hurst - DT/DE - The closest thing to Aaron Donald the Pats will ever be in range to get. The more I watch him the more I am convinced he should be a top 10 pick without question. If his medical issue at the combine knocks him down this far don't be cute about maximizing value. Just take him. He is one of the few defenders in this draft who can potentially raise our D to a truly elite level. The only other defenders I feel that way about in this draft for that kind of potential are Landry, Chubb, Edmunds if he lives up to his potential.

31: - TRADE - Trade down for 48 and 80. This is a good draft inside the first 3 rounds and if no one is here they love (like Vander Esch or a QB they like) then trade down and get more picks in where I think the sweet spot of this draft is.

43: Isaiah Oliver - CB - One of the top CBs will fall a bit and for this mock I will say this guy is it as he is my personal preference. Of course if Hughes is here snatch him up just as quickly. I think he has #1 CB potential in this league. Getting him at this point is huge value.

48: Mason Rudolph - QB - People will point out this is a bit low for him to fall. I would point out how many QBs will be taken before him? Allen, Rosen, Donald, Mayfield, Jackson all will go first i think. That leaves very few QB needy teams. Personally I like him more than Allen or Jackson in this draft and while I wouldn't mind Lauletta either. I think this guy is a clear cut above everyone else after this point.

63: Mark Andrews - TE - While clearly a step below guys like Gesicki and Geodert who I think could both go in round 1, I think he is underrated. He will probably fall a bit and is great value with this pick if they can get him here. His hips are loose and he cuts much quicker for a guy his size than you'd expect. He has legit straight line speed and a frame indicates he could learn to block at an okay level.

80: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo - EDGE - He doesn't get talked about cause people think he is too small and that he will be a role player. So what even if that is the case? I don't think it is though. I think he is a rotational guy but so are most Edge players these days.

95: Josey Jewell - LB - While not a great talent there isn't anything to dislike about his game. All around he is a pretty solid 3 down LB.

198: ???

210: ???

219: ???

I didn't address OT cause I don't think anyone who is likely to fall does better than Garcia this year likely. Also I think addressing D concerns is too important and the LT can be schemed around a bit if need be with Brady.

Last edited:
For me any draft that doesn't result in a QB with potential to be an above average starter is a fail. If you guys think Rudolph, Lauletta or White can be that, great. But picking any guy just because he has QB next to his name isn't enough.

I'd trade #23 and #43 to get whoever is there between Rosen and Jackson assuming that the team likes them. How often will we have two #1s in a deep QB draft

With #31 we can still get someone like Evans or Carter and still have our own #2 and #3. And from the mocks above there's plenty of good options there.
Basically trade Cooks' one year and JG's franchised year for our long term QB without touching our other picks.

If we can't get to a QB we like I would flip #31 for a #1 next year plus whatever we can get for this year and try again next year for a QB we like.

Last edited:
I don’t “love” any of the QBs. I think Darnold is the only one NFL ready but I think Allen has the most upside.

I don’t “love” any of the QBs. I think Darnold is the only one NFL ready but I think Allen has the most upside.
Would be very happy with Allen learning from Brady but no way he gets out of the top 10.

I am hearing teams are a bit scared of esch because he has damage in his neck and really does need the neck brace.

I am hearing teams are a bit scared of esch because he has damage in his neck and really does need the neck brace.

Neck injuries are no joke for linebackers. Space players can kind of take there heads out of a lot of contact but the whole filling gaps thing requires a lot of violent contact.

NFL Network had their mock draft live with Charles Davis picking for the Pats. He had us taking:

23: Mike Hughes (Alexander and Evans went with the next two picks)
31: Dallas Goedert

Neither Kolton Miller or Vander Esch were taken in the first round. Nor was Justin Reid.

I’d give that a B grade - good players perhaps not at the biggest need positions. I’d be disappointed if we passed on Alexander whilst taking another CB however.

The mock is included in the thread to this tweet.

Pretty interesting listen if you have an hour. I like the short clips of each player, and I generally agree with his assessments. He even picks James, which matches the last few mocks I've done (I don't think James will actually be there, but I always take him whenever he's available in simulators).

Pretty interesting listen if you have an hour. I like the short clips of each player, and I generally agree with his assessments. He even picks James, which matches the last few mocks I've done (I don't think James will actually be there, but I always take him whenever he's available in simulators).

Yeah seems highly unlikely that he’d fall that far, but I did like the insight on the OT. He seemed to have several reaches causing guys like Evans to fall out of the first.

198 Bo Scarbrough, RB.

Love this draft.

Trade #31 and #43 to the Packers for #14
Trade #23 to the Chiefs for #54, #78, #86, and #124
Trade #86 to the Saints for #91 and #164

#14 Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
#54 Brian O'Neill, OL, Pittsburg
#63 Josh Sweat, EDGE, Florida State
#78 Ronald Jones II, RB, USC
#91 Dane Cruikshank, SAF, Arizona
#95 Genard Avery, LB, Memphis
#124 JC Jackson, CB, Maryland
#164 Christopher Herndon, TE, Miami
#198 Braxton Berrios, WR, Miami
#219 Bilal Nichols, DL, Delaware

I listen to a Cowboys draft podcast and they think Vander Esch is the favourite for the Cowboys pick. This seems to support that.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back