PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Mock Draft FAIL thread

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't do one last year, for a number of reasons, but I found something so awful that it was worth bringing it back. :)

Yes, this is an amateur mock, but I have to wonder how you could get something this . . . off. And it doesn't even involve New England (at least not directly).

ChargerBuckeyes Midseason Mock

Redskins Treade Kirk Cousins on a Transition Tag to the steelers for Pittsburghs 2018 first, and 2019 1st and 2nd

Anyone doing a mock draft now is a fail. But that whole scenario makes no sense for anyone involved.

From DraftTek.com, but for the "analysis," not the pick.

This off-season the biggest loss for the Patriots will be losing Matt Patricia and possibly Josh McDaniels. The latter would be a significant loss, as McDaniel was instrumental in his 14 years as Offensive Coordinator. This includes six top-10 rankings, with stints at No. 1-ranked offense in 2007 and 2012, with Brady eclipsing 4,000 yards again this year at 40 years young! The last time New England didn't have Josh McDaniels calling plays Matt Cassel was quarterback that season under Houston Texans' coach Bill O'Brien.

For now, Christian Kirk, a dominating presence, is the pick here. If McDaniel moves on, this pick will fluctuate with offensive tackle, defensive end, or linebacker in the fold.

Kenny Britt was signed before the playoffs but was an inactive before Tennessee and will likely remain inactive throughout the post-season. New England has a couple of free agents at receiver: Matt Slater and Danny Amendola. A few more are on the last year of their contracts next season. Kirk will add a new dimension for New England, and could have an immediate impact similar to Christian McCaffrey was for Carolina. There's no doubt Christian Kirk, who has a knack for performing on the big stage, can be a great Patriot. It's just a matter of who will be coaching Brady next season.

-David Neff, Patriots Analyst

From DraftTek.com, but for the "analysis," not the pick.

DraftTek's "Patriots Analysts" have always been like that. I think they outsource those write-up to HS kids in Germany who get their info from Boston sports radio broadcasts run through an old copy of Dragon Naturally Speaking.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back